PDA

View Full Version : Recipes thread (continued)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

bobalina77
05-03-2010, 05:37 PM
My mom makes a pasta salad that has shrimp and grapes in it and it's very yummy. My boyfriend isn't a fan of fruit and meat together either. He doesn't even like cranberry sauce on his turkey. He says it makes it too desserty. I on the other hand love cranberry sauce on turkey and apple sauce on pork. I love sweet stuff for dinner.

IceAlisa
05-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Apparently, it does exist. (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/chicken-waldorf-salad-recipe/index.html)

However, I don't mind a plain Waldorf salad. I abstain from mixing meats (fish, poultry, beef, pork and lamb) and fruits most of the time. For me, it's really difficult to pull off. I don't even like pineapple on my ham.

I have to say that one of the most memorable meals I've had was on the East Coast in a Spanish restaurant and it involved beef and plums in plum sauce. I think some fruits are a nice pairing to some meats. I like a grilled pineapple on my burger too.

Stefanie
05-03-2010, 08:10 PM
I like a grilled pineapple on my burger too.

Me, too. I've made these Rachael Ray "Hawaii" burgers and you put a pineapple ring on the top of each one and I really like the taste.

Rex
05-03-2010, 08:24 PM
PINEAPPLE? On BURGERS? :scream:.

I even hate mint sauce on my lamb. Ick. I'll make a gravy - always.

IceAlisa
05-03-2010, 08:45 PM
PINEAPPLE? On BURGERS? :scream:. Yup, the acidity and sweetness of the pineapple is a nice compliment to the richness of beef.

I even hate mint sauce on my lamb. Ick. I'll make a gravy - always.

Don't like to eat mint anything. It belongs in toothpaste and gum, not sauce or goodness forbid, icecream. I do like it in Vietnamese rice paper rolls though.

BigB08822
05-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Don't like to eat mint anything. It belongs in toothpaste and gum, not sauce or goodness forbid, icecream. I do like it in Vietnamese rice paper rolls though.

AMEN! Mint will forever be associated with toothpaste as far as I am concerned. I don't mind it in a mojito so long as it is strained out. Other than that, no thanks!

Allskate
05-03-2010, 10:39 PM
I've got to disagree on the mint. I like it not only in drinks (I had a great one recently with gin, lemon and lime juice, cucumber and mint), but also in food as long as it's mild. Last night I had Thai curry with a tzatziki that had a little mint in it. The yogurt and mint were a great counter to the curry.

But I'm not a fan of peppermint ice cream. That's overkill IMO. A little mint in chocolate I don't mind, though. A little peppermint schnapps in hot chocolate can be nice on a cold night.

I don't like mint in my toothpaste, though. I prefer cinnamon. :lol:

mkats
05-03-2010, 11:27 PM
OMG. Thank goodness for IceAlisa and Brian - NO one I've ever met in real life understands how I feel about mint! :eek:

Though when I was in Peru and we were climbing mountains all the time, some relative of mint grew wild everywhere and we were told to chew it to help with altitude sickness.

Rex
05-03-2010, 11:41 PM
Yup, the acidity and sweetness of the pineapple is a nice compliment to the richness of beef.

AMEN! Mint will forever be associated with toothpaste as far as I am concerned. I don't mind it in a mojito so long as it is strained out. Other than that, no thanks!

And I HATEHATEHATE those chocolate mint candies too. They make me urp.

IceAlisa
05-04-2010, 12:42 AM

Wheeeeeeee, :respec: to fellow mint chocolate haterz!

Oh and if you have Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease aka GERD, mints can make it feel worse.

oleada
05-04-2010, 01:19 AM
Mint chocolate is barely tolerable, but the mix of mint, chocolate and ice cream? :scream:

KikiSashaFan
05-04-2010, 02:26 AM
I like mint chocolate icea cream, especially with peanut butter on it :slinkaway

IceAlisa
05-04-2010, 02:27 AM
I like mint chocolate icea cream, especially with peanut butter on it :slinkaway

That and celery is what they are going to feed me in hell. :EVILLE:

Anita18
05-04-2010, 04:50 AM
Mint chocolate is barely tolerable, but the mix of mint, chocolate and ice cream? :scream:
You all make me a sad panda. :(

But that only means MORE FOR ME! :cheer:

What's hilarious is that in college, the mint chocolate chip ice cream would go the fastest (unlike the spumoni, which took days and days to finish...). Once we took a quick survey around our large dining group, and it turned out that EVERYBODY'S favorite ice cream was mint chocolate chip. We joked that that was the one thing that truly united us as a school, and that the admissions dept must have been able to deduce that mint chocolate chip was our favorite ice cream by our SAT scores and essays. :rofl:

pat c
05-04-2010, 05:15 AM

Yep. I can tolerate peppermints, and that's about it.