PDA

View Full Version : Criminal Minds 2009-2010 Season ~ Where The Cool Cops Work

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12

loopey
11-27-2009, 04:16 AM
When Hotch was walking through the house, I actually thought somehow Haley would still be alive or Reaper would be long gone leaving just her body.

But it did NOT occur to me that behind the curtain might have been Jack. I too, am soooo glad they didn't go there.

Kruss
11-27-2009, 05:33 AM
Raising my hand as well, because in that split second, I thought it was Jack behind the curtain. ::shivering::

Angelskates
11-27-2009, 05:38 AM
I knew it wasn't Jack because I thought it was obvious that Hotch's "help me with this case" was a "go upstairs and hide somewhere we've worked out previously". Also the shoes were too big, and the figure too tall. I'll be interested to see what they do with Jack now...and Hotch too.

bobalina77
11-27-2009, 05:47 AM
I thought maybe he had found Jack and was holding him behind the curtain knowing that Hotch would come up, see his shoes and shoot. When Hotch was taking the curtain off of him I was totally holding my breath.

Jeanine
11-27-2009, 11:32 AM
As w/everyone else, that phone call just broke my heart. Especially w/everyone listening in. When those gunshots went off, I literally flinched right along w/the rest of the Team. What nearly killed me was when Haley was telling Hotch to promise her to tell Jack about love and that there used to be a time when he wasn't such a serious guy.

What you said! I think it's a measure of how well written and acted this scene was that they took a character I have disliked for four and a half seasons (and disliked the character the actress played from Dawson's Creek for years before that!), a character that I have often wanted to die, and made me weep for her. And for Hotch!

Also, I thought Morgan's line right after that scene, "And I don't know what happened next" was brilliantly delivered... I watched it on download, but I suspect that if I was looking at it live on tv and they went to ads, I'd spend the break sobbing!
And yes, if TG doesn't get an Emmy nom this year, something is seriously rotten there.

AragornElessar
12-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Surprised not see the thread back up after last night.

Haley's Funeral was so sad and when Hotch picked up Jack and told him "Blow a Kiss to Mommy."...That had me scrambling for the Kleenex. Everyone, not just Hotch and Jack, placing a white rose on her coffin was a nice touch, as was all the pieces from the back story we've learned over the years. Like how they knew each other since High School and it was thanks to a Drama Club Production of Pirates of Penance where they met. Also that Haley's sister we met in the First Season was seen and more later on in the episode.

Loved the reaction of the Team to being called in then of all times. Having to leave Hotch and go to work was the last thing they wanted to do and it was perfectly acted by everyone. That shot of Hotch looking at them through the window and the Team looking back at him was heartbreaking.

The case itself gave me a serious case of the creeps. Who knew there was such a thing as an Universal Garage Door Opener? I certainly didn't and combine that w/how the Unsub chose/found his Victims? *shudder*

I was a bit puzzled w/Prentiss' reaction at the end when he was on the ground and she got in his face the way she did. Either it was a delayed reaction to what happened w/Hailey and Hotch or something happened to Emily back in the day we don't know about, but I was wondering about that. Mind you, my votes for delayed reaction.

Wasn't surprised to see the Witch offer Hotch a Retirement Package from the FBI, but for once, I don't think she was after his head to put on her wall. I truly did think she was offering it to him because she thought it would be the best thing for both Hotch and Jack. After all, it was his job that ended up killing Hailey and Hotch needs to work through that whatever way he can. I can see Strauss thinking the best way to do that would be to retire/step away from the FBI/BAU. Also Jack would have his Dad w/him during a time that he really needed his Daddy.

No, for once, I think Strauss' motives were entirely in the direction of what would be best for Hotch and Jack.

Never thought I'd be posting that. :D Also glad to see that Hailey's Sister has stepped up to help take care of Jack whenever Hotch needs to leave and work on a case. She knew that even w/everything that happened, Hotch would be returning to the Team/FBI. I just hope we don't see the two of them getting together at some point down the line.

This reminds me of the one moment last night when I almost lost it. When Hotch was talking to Rossi and he says, "I broke my promise to her...I promised her that once I caught Foyet, I'd spend the rest of my life making it up to her."

:( :( :(

On a much happier note....CM won the ratings battle last night!!

Variety.com ~ 'Minds' wins ratings race for CBS (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118012533.html?categoryid=14&cs=1&nid=4749)

Murdoch
12-10-2009, 11:30 PM
I haven't watched the whole episode yet - now I can't wait!!

birdgal
12-11-2009, 12:51 AM
Surprised not see the thread back up after last night.

Haley's Funeral was so sad and when Hotch picked up Jack and told him "Blow a Kiss to Mommy."...That had me scrambling for the Kleenex. Everyone, not just Hotch and Jack, placing a white rose on her coffin was a nice touch, as was all the pieces from the back story we've learned over the years. Like how they knew each other since High School and it was thanks to a Drama Club Production of Pirates of Penance where they met. Also that Haley's sister we met in the First Season was seen and more later on in the episode.

Loved the reaction of the Team to being called in then of all times. Having to leave Hotch and go to work was the last thing they wanted to do and it was perfectly acted by everyone. That shot of Hotch looking at them through the window and the Team looking back at him was heartbreaking.

The case itself gave me a serious case of the creeps. Who knew there was such a thing as an Universal Garage Door Opener? I certainly didn't and combine that w/how the Unsub chose/found his Victims? *shudder*

I was a bit puzzled w/Prentiss' reaction at the end when he was on the ground and she got in his face the way she did. Either it was a delayed reaction to what happened w/Hailey and Hotch or something happened to Emily back in the day we don't know about, but I was wondering about that. Mind you, my votes for delayed reaction.

Wasn't surprised to see the Witch offer Hotch a Retirement Package from the FBI, but for once, I don't think she was after his head to put on her wall. I truly did think she was offering it to him because she thought it would be the best thing for both Hotch and Jack. After all, it was his job that ended up killing Hailey and Hotch needs to work through that whatever way he can. I can see Strauss thinking the best way to do that would be to retire/step away from the FBI/BAU. Also Jack would have his Dad w/him during a time that he really needed his Daddy.

No, for once, I think Strauss' motives were entirely in the direction of what would be best for Hotch and Jack.

Never thought I'd be posting that. :D Also glad to see that Hailey's Sister has stepped up to help take care of Jack whenever Hotch needs to leave and work on a case. She knew that even w/everything that happened, Hotch would be returning to the Team/FBI. I just hope we don't see the two of them getting together at some point down the line.

This reminds me of the one moment last night when I almost lost it. When Hotch was talking to Rossi and he says, "I broke my promise to her...I promised her that once I caught Foyet, I'd spend the rest of my life making it up to her."

:( :( :(

Variety.com ~ 'Minds' wins ratings race for CBS (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118012533.html?categoryid=14&cs=1&nid=4749)

Thanks for the great round-up. I did watch the episode and had to fight back the tears at certain points in the story. The birthday party piece with Haley and Jack saying "Hi" to "Daddy'' was heart wrenching.

This is one of the best acted programs currently on TV and is my favorite.

loopey
12-11-2009, 01:55 AM
I was a bit puzzled w/Prentiss' reaction at the end when he was on the ground and she got in his face the way she did.

I totally thought that was weird. It came out of nowhere and made no sense. I wonder if there is more to come in the following episodes.

You are so gullible! Just kidding. I did not believe her for a moment.

I just hope we don't see the two of them getting together at some point down the line.

Agreed. I do NOT want this awesome show to start pairing up characters and spending too much time on their personal lives.

I just hope this show goes on for a LONG time!

Angelskates
01-16-2010, 12:40 AM
OMG, that episode was so hard to watch. I always find it hard when I can't hate the unsub. When Reid gave her the dolls, it was just heartbreaking.

AragornElessar
01-16-2010, 09:13 PM
I know what you mean Angelskates. She literally didn't have a chance, so no wonder she turned out the way she did. I really loved Reid in this, especially confronting her Father and then getting her away from the women by giving her back her "friends" the dolls. He really was excellent in this one.

Did anyone else catch "the cookie" this time?

First we have Garcia talking about how doomed this poor woman was and in her babbling we hear..."...I mean Red Ensign in Star Trek doomed... and then as Rossi and Reid go to visit her Father the Child Molester, who do we see behind the desk?

Well...Hello there Commander Riker from Star Trek TNG!!

I love this show!! :D

Angelskates
01-17-2010, 02:06 AM
Aragorn - I thought there were references was to Silence of the Lambs. I've never seen a full Star Trek or Star Wars.

Loved Garcia's hair and I always love Reid, but this episode was particularly good for him.

figurefan
01-17-2010, 04:00 AM
OMG, that episode was so hard to watch. I always find it hard when I can't hate the unsub. When Reid gave her the dolls, it was just heartbreaking.

I was choking back tears...Reid handled that so beautifully. It is hard when you can't hate the unsub...she was so pitiful.

I just love Criminal Minds the great FBI characters keep me coming back.

AragornElessar
01-17-2010, 05:59 AM
That's why I put "anyone" in there instead of "everyone" Angelskates, because I know not everyone's a Trekkie. :)

You know what *really* made this episode work though? The actress who played the UnSub. If she hadn't come across the right way, and I mean that in all of the mannerisms and little "ticks" that people who have been abused/also brain damaged (As I think I'm right in saying all that electroshock performed on as young as the character was, had to have left some sort of damage in the brain, but not sure about that either...) as the character was and exhibit, then it just wouldn't have worked. She really did hit it out of the park w/her performance and deserves as many kudos for her work in this episode as Matthew Gray Gubler's been getting IMO.

Oh, and can't believe I forgot to mention it before, Garcia looks really, really great as a redhead. :D

Ziggy
01-17-2010, 08:18 AM
Penelope Garcia is the best character on TV right now. That is all there is to say about that.

I looooove her!

I absolutely adore this show.

I want to marry Dr. Spencer Reid (how can somebody so unattractive be so attractive? :P).

That is all. :P