PDA

View Full Version : Criminal Minds 2009-2010 Season ~ Where The Cool Cops Work

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Angelskates
11-26-2009, 02:49 PM
:wuzrobbed the phone call broke my heart :fragile:

(victorskid, whatever episode that aired today was going to be the 100th, so they had to make it a good one, and EB wanted to end the Foyet arc.)

TG was just amazing in this. He deserves an Emmy, Oscar, Academy award, Grammy, or whatever one it is for TV. Ten out of ten.

Sweetie
11-26-2009, 03:47 PM
I just sat and bawled through that episode. What a wonderful effort from the entire cast for that episode. Thomas Gibson has come so far since Dharma & Greg!
That gunshot just broke my heart into a million pieces. I even convinced my mom to stay up and watch it on time shifting and she was crying this morning just talking about it!

dst7star
11-26-2009, 03:57 PM
That was a very poignant episode. I was waiting for the significance of Hotch telling Jack to 'work the case.' It was sweet and sad to see that a game he made up to 'work' with his dad kept him out of harm's way.

Murdoch
11-26-2009, 04:42 PM
Heartbreaking... absolutely heartbreaking.

Loved Gibson in this and the chick from Dawson's Creek who played his wife AND the B**CH... I never remember her name!

birdgal
11-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Sigh. What a tense, poignant, and heartbreaking episode. I cried at the end. The B**CH showed some heart at the end. Telling Jack to "work the case' was a bit mystifying, but at the end, it was very heartwarming and sad at the same time.

calica
11-26-2009, 06:41 PM
What so emotive and exciting episode.:wideeyes:
my heart is broke :(:(:(

professordeb
11-26-2009, 06:48 PM
I kind of suspected that the "work the case" was something that both knew meant he was to go hide somewhere - it was just a haunch. So glad that son was OK, kind of suspected that wifey wouldn't make it given they had marital problems before this storyline began.
Tom Gibson - lurved him in Dharma & Greg and sometimes cannot believe the difference in character he plays here. I adore the show and having Penelope's boyfriend played by Xander from Buffy ... makes my day!
I almost cried when I saw that "the boss" actually had feelings and once Hotch acknowledged he killed the Reaper because he felt his son's life was at stake after the death of his wife - well I was almost blown away. Finding it difficult to believe she actually was allowed to show some compassion.
Now the question for me becomes, was any mention made of Hotch resuming head of the group (I had to leave the room a couple of times and missed a few things and I was late getting to the start of the show) or is that something we'll have to wait and see develop?

tarotx
11-26-2009, 08:07 PM
Um just no. I watch every thing Nick Brendon is on and I DVRed this last night because of Glee and I just finished watching it. On Thanksgiving. It was a good episode. Some of the best TV I've watched this season but on Thanksgiving I want some happy!! Or at least some regular CM misery!!

kosjenka
11-26-2009, 08:09 PM
PS: I am falling in love of Reid... :swoon::swoon:

get a number :D

liv
11-26-2009, 10:12 PM
That episode got me too!!! That phone call! Yikes!! My heart was breaking for Hotch, for his wife and his coworkers, everyone knew how it was going to end and then to hear it happen! I was in tears!

I really thought that episode was well done and well worthy of a 100th episode. Kudos to everyone for a job well done.

and yeah...love Reid!!

loopey
11-26-2009, 10:15 PM
I missed part of it! :wuzrobbed Sad just sad. Stayed with me all night. Sad.

Was that the same actress that always played his wife?

AragornElessar
11-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Yes, it was the same actress that's played Haley all along. She's just had blonde hair before.

BTW, I did agree w/Foyet, she did look good as a brunette.

Okay then...

OMG!!

I was just sitting on my exercise ball at the end of it shaking like a leaf and w/tears running down my face. Forget Dharma and Greg, Thomas Gibson's come a long way since Chicago Hope!!! If he isn't nominated for Best Actor Emmy this year, then we really do know the Nomination Process is screwed up big time.

As w/everyone else, that phone call just broke my heart. Especially w/everyone listening in. When those gunshots went off, I literally flinched right along w/the rest of the Team. What nearly killed me was when Haley was telling Hotch to promise her to tell Jack about love and that there used to be a time when he wasn't such a serious guy. That literally nearly finished me off right then and there.

BTW...A show of hands here....

How many others saw the shoes behind the curtains and thought that after Hotch emptied his gun into them and ripped apart the curtains that it would be Jack behind them? That would have been Foyet's ultimate revenge on Hotch and Thank God they didn't go there.

I too had a feeling that "Working the case" was a safe word/sentence of some sort, but wasn't sure just what it meant. Glad it was code for Jack to hide and that he ended up being okay.

I too was shocked to see the Witch (Erin Strauss) show some compassion at the end of it all. I truly thought she was on another witch hunt for Hotch's head and was glad to see them give her some compassion. I've always wondered if that one scene from Season Three where she'd stepped on a victim's hair and then we saw her in her office later having a bit of a breakdown gave the character a look into how things were outside of the office and I think that was part of what we saw last night at the end.

It certainly turned the way she was questioning the Team Members on it's head. We went from "Oh, here she goes *again*" to "She was making sure Hotch didn't use the Team to get Foyet alone". Amazing how one scene can completely turn an episode around, huh?

I'm still stunned by last night's episode, but WOW OH WOW!! What an 100th Episode!!

CDANN1013
11-27-2009, 01:47 AM
I loved how JJ and Reid very nicely b***ched slap the witch during their interviews. Then my heart broke for the witch when she was trying to read Haley's autopsy report. Love that show.

AETV is having a marathon tomorrow (Fri).

Carol

bobalina77
11-27-2009, 02:00 AM
BTW...A show of hands here....

How many others saw the shoes behind the curtains and thought that after Hotch emptied his gun into them and ripped apart the curtains that it would be Jack behind them? That would have been Foyet's ultimate revenge on Hotch and Thank God they didn't go there.

*raises hand*.. I totally thought that's where they were going with that, SO glad they didn't! We watched last night and it reminded me why I love this show so much. I haven't watched it all season because of the day it's been on and I kind of lost track of it, but now that I'm off work early on Wednesdays I'm so glad I get to watch it! It's one of my favourite shows on TV!

professordeb
11-27-2009, 04:07 AM
*raises son's hand but not mine* ... my son totally thought it was Jack behind the curtain but I had a feeling that it was time for the Reaper to meet his maker and time to say buh-bye. Soooo glad we can say "ding, dong, he's really gone. The wicked man, the nasty man; ding dong the Reaper's really gone"