PDA

View Full Version : Criminal Minds 2009-2010 Season ~ Where The Cool Cops Work

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

LilJen
10-15-2009, 08:52 PM
I have caught a few reruns (mostly quite old episodes) but never seem to get around to seeing the current ones. I laugh and shudder alternately. I find Reid's wardrobe totally amusing (there were a few kids in my high school who dressed just like he does), love Garcia and her flirtations with everyone; the other characters I can mostly do without so far. Mandy Patinkin, while a fine actor, seems to spend most of his time doing penetrating, thoughtful stares just to the right of the camera. :lol:

calica
10-15-2009, 08:55 PM
I say that he has not appeared in 2 weeks because scarcely he has gone out a minute in the yesterday chapter, and one or two scenes in last week. And none of the scenes was important in the argument of the chapter....

professordeb
10-15-2009, 09:48 PM
I say that he has not appeared in 2 weeks because scarcely he has gone out a minute in the yesterday chapter, and one or two scenes in last week. And none of the scenes was important in the argument of the chapter....

True, but there have been other instances when we don't see much of him and then bang! We get a bunch of Reid in one episode.

Anita18
10-16-2009, 02:37 AM
Yeah, Mathew hurt his knee while dancing and he has to be on crutches for awhile. That is why he was shot in the first episode so that they can incorporate the crutches into the show.
His MySpace entry about it was HILARIOUS. I thought MGG was an adorable nerd, but he's just amusingly brilliant so it's just more :swoon: for me.

when i do something
i like to do it right
take for instance,
destroying my knee

i wanted to make sure that i gave it my all

my surgeon (one of the best in the nation)
said that out of the 15000 knees he's operated on
mine was one of the 200 worst he has ever seen

this guy has probably seen car wrecks
crowbar bashings
falls off 3 story buildings
pro sports players hit directly in the knee by human locomotives
matadors gored by bulls

yet mine takes the cake

what is even more impressive
is that i managed to do all that damage with
one
simple
dance
move

we are talking about a "miracle" of an injury
i jumped 4 inches in the air and merely landed "kind of funny" on my feet

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=11889429&blogId=504639692

AragornElessar
10-16-2009, 03:35 AM
His MySpace entry about it was HILARIOUS. I thought MGG was an adorable nerd, but he's just amusingly brilliant so it's just more :swoon: for me.

The second season episode where Reid's kidnapped by the Unsub played by the guy that was in Dawson's Creek, I only listened to Matthew and the Writer(?)'s Commentary on the DVD a couple of months ago and was literally ROTFLOL!! If you have a chance to listen to it, do. It'll be one of the most entertaining hours you'll ever spend. :D

At least Matt did his knee in w/a legitamate thing. Not like...*cough*kneelingonthefloorpackingasuitcaseto goto2002Cdnsturntopickupasweaterand...*cough*

Yes, that really did happen to me. :o

There have been other cases where there isn't "a happy ending", but this one seemed so sad as these guys, it just felt like this was their ultimate goal. To go out in a blaze of gunfire, Suicide by Cop in other words.

Loved Garcia's chat w/Morgan though. She was right to be concerned and I'm so glad it was her that picked up on what was going on instead of someone else on the Team. They've got such a bond, you know when something like this happens, it's more than just concern of how will this affect "The Team" and more concern of "I'm your friend, you're going through something and I'm worried".

BTW...I get Variety updates to my E-mail everyday because of duties I have at the LOTR MB I belong to and CM tied w/Modern Family last night for the Number One spot on the Top Ten ratings numbers. While they had the same ratings number of 3.6, CM won the night w/more viewers at 13.4 Millions Viewers tuning in.

Just thought I'd mention that. :D

professordeb
10-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Missed the beginning of the show but did see the ending and I'm not sure I saw that coming. Hotch sacrificing something of himself for the benefit of the team - again. It's going to be interesting to see how our new head of the team (whose name escapes me right now) conducts things and how often he turns to Hotch for some direction/input.

birdgal
10-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Missed the beginning of the show but did see the ending and I'm not sure I saw that coming. Hotch sacrificing something of himself for the benefit of the team - again. It's going to be interesting to see how our new head of the team (whose name escapes me right now) conducts things and how often he turns to Hotch for some direction/input.

Why is there a new head of the team? I missed the end.

libby
10-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Why is there a new head of the team? I missed the end.

Hotch told Morgan that the Bureau has been questioning his leadership since he was shot, and so he is stepping down as head of the team (although he will stay with the unit) and Morgan will take over as leader.

olympic
10-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the thread. This is one law enforcement show that I actually like to watch.

birdgal
10-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Hotch told Morgan that the Bureau has been questioning his leadership since he was shot, and so he is stepping down as head of the team (although he will stay with the unit) and Morgan will take over as leader.

So that is why he was on Morgan's a**. I fell asleep-bummer. I really do like this show, but it is very gruesome at times.

AragornElessar
10-22-2009, 09:23 PM
I did see the beginning, so can fill that part in.

Hotch and JJ were going over various case files deciding on which to take and which not to take. JJ kept looking at her watch and Hotch asked her about it. She mentioned Henry was going through a clinging phase and when she put him down for the night, there was one less wake up changing/bottle call, so Hotch told her to take off and they'd finish going through the rest of the files the next day. JJ still had files to drop off on the Team's desks, but then she was outta there!!

Hotch headed back to his office to find Erin Strauss there waiting for him. While JJ was putting the files out, could hear loud voices, looked up and saw Strauss through the blinds of Hotch's office. A minute later, the witch left and JJ went to Hotch's office to see if everything was okay. He told her it was and then to have a Good Night.

The next morning, Morgan's in the elevator when he gets an e-mail on his phone from Hotch w/a new case file. A few seconds later, another one comes w/"Take A Look At This Too" as the message. By this time, he'd made it to the Bullpen and asked Reid what was going on. Reid hadn't the foggiest idea what he was talking about as he hadn't gotten any e-mails from Hotch. Morgan headed for Hotch's office to find out what was going on, he asked Morgan if he'd looked at the files and Morgan told him he'd just gotten them and what's going on? Hotch replied he just wanted a fresh set of eyes to look them over and when Morgan said he'd go over them now, JJ came in to tell them the Team was ready and....

That's when we found out about the case and the Opening Credits started.

Hope that clears a few things up. :)

loopey
10-23-2009, 12:55 AM
I'm not sure how I feel with Morgan in charge. I like the way things are. Each team member brings something unique to the table. Morgan was always the brawn and the impulsive one. How do those attributes work as a leader? I liked that Hotch always seems kind of removed, way too serious, but self assured. It works.

professordeb
10-23-2009, 04:18 AM
I'm kind of looking forward to see how Hotch mentors Morgan. I'm sure that Morgan will look to Hotch for direction on many things but it might be a bit of a character builder for Morgan - not that he isn't already a character!

LordCirque
10-23-2009, 05:27 AM
I'm guessing Morgan will be a figure head with Hotch telling Morgan what to do, much like when Hotch was suspended and then quit a season or two ago, and given they said, "until Foyet is caught", I'm guessing it will only be a few episodes before Hotch is back leading the team.

calica
10-23-2009, 11:11 AM
What I do not understand is for that Morgan is the new leader, it would not be better than Hotch had chosen Rossi? :confused:
But it will be funny, not only to see Morgan taking decisions but to see more relaxed Hotch, and to see as there behaves the rest with him now that is one more of them. ;)