PDA

View Full Version : Desperate Housewives 2009-2010 Season

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

jenniferlyon
09-28-2009, 06:58 AM
I thought there would already be a thread about the new season of DH already. Oh well, I'll start...

1. Does anyone besides me think Lynette will get an abortion and not tell Tom? It makes for a better plot than her having a houseful of little ones again (we saw enough of that in Season 1) or a plot where she has a miscarriage and then gets all sobby and sappy about how she really wanted those babies after all.

2. Bree and Karl are so wrong for each other that they're right for each other, if you know what I mean. Maybe Orson will end up with Katherine?

3. Creepy new neighbors... I hope Julie is all right.

4. Carlos's niece... I enjoy watching Gaby get tough with her, but that's going to get old soon.

5. So Mike ended up marrying Susan and Katherine's jealous and bent on revenge. Wake me up when it's over.

What did the rest of y'all think?

LordCirque
09-28-2009, 07:48 AM
Gabi at the Night Club was :rofl:

New neighbors son is :grope: but :scream: at the same time. I think they jumped the shark a little too soon with his plot line though, but maybe he's not really Julie's attacker after all.

So Karl now just has to Lynette and Gabi to bag before he's made the complete round of Wysteria Lane yeah? Now THAT is a plot line that I'm already tired of.

The whole back and fourth with this Mike and Susan relationship is a tad annoying too.

I'm surprised the abortion word didn't get thrown around already by Lynette in this episode, I'm expecting that to come up as well.

Cupid
09-28-2009, 02:14 PM
I was tired and not paying attention a whole lot when I watched last night. Where was MJ at the wedding? I don't recall seeing him.

I thought it was juicy when Katherine had on Susan's wedding dress and stirring the pot of tomato sauce! I've done that where it does splash on you and it's almost impossible to get out unless you wash it right away.

Susan and Mike are so right for one another. They make a handsome couple.

nerdycool
09-28-2009, 02:40 PM
I was tired and not paying attention a whole lot when I watched last night. Where was MJ at the wedding? I don't recall seeing him.He was the ring bearer. And when they're walking back down the aisle, you can see him and Julie in the background. Speaking of which. What the heck did they put Julie in? The only way I can describe the dress is short with paniers. And fugly. But I really liked Susan's headpiece/tiara.

Count me as one who thinks Lynette will get an abortion. Or at least make it to a clinic to get one, but might chicken out after she hears the heartbeats or something like that. They also might do a miscarriage, but they already did the "mom doesn't care about the baby until it's been miscarried" storyline with Gabby.

And I do like Gabby's storyline, but it will get old really quickly.

Why would anyone invite brand new neighbors to a wedding? Because that's what Susan and Mike did. And I did think it was very rushed in the development of the storyline between the new kid and Julie. First he sees her. Then she's tutoring him and talking about how good of friends they are. Then they're having a lovers spat. And thrown in there is a creepy scene with the dad. It was all very :confused:

ArtisticFan
09-28-2009, 02:43 PM
I did like Julie's line to Mike about him marrying the most mentally stable out of the two. That made me giggle a little.

Cupid
09-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Katherine wore the ultimate no-no color at the wedding - a red dress!

Lynette will probably have a nervous breakdown or something - there's got to be a new storyline - one that hasn't been done before. I know it's not reality, but one would think someone would get "fixed" so there weren't any more kiddies. ;)

BigB08822
09-28-2009, 04:52 PM
How many times can creepy new people move into this neighborhood? This episode was disappointing for me. I don't want to be in for a repeat of last season when creepy Dave moved into the neighborhood and the season when creepy special child was locked in the basement, and the season Katherine moved in with the creepy ex, etc etc etc

libby
09-28-2009, 04:57 PM
So now Katherine is evil. Sigh. The writers just can't seem to decide who this character is - she started out as a manipulative control freak, became an abused victim, then suddenly had the same down-to-earth personality as Lynette, and now she is going to be a crazy bitch out for revenge.

Nothing wrecks a show more than writers who keep wildly changing their characters' entire personas.

ArtisticFan
09-28-2009, 05:47 PM
How many times can creepy new people move into this neighborhood?

Wouldn't you think the residents of Wisteria Lane would be suspicious now of any new neighbors?

BigB08822
09-28-2009, 05:54 PM
I wonder if the police will go after Katherine for the attempted murder (murder?) or Julie? She could easily be seen as having the motive to get revenge.

LordCirque
09-28-2009, 06:25 PM
So now Katherine is evil. Sigh. The writers just can't seem to decide who this character is - she started out as a manipulative control freak, became an abused victim, then suddenly had the same down-to-earth personality as Lynette, and now she is going to be a crazy bitch out for revenge.

Nothing wrecks a show more than writers who keep wildly changing their characters' entire personas.

Well, this show IS a spoof of Daytime Soap Operas :lol: It's reminding me of All My Children more and more :lol:

Marilou
09-28-2009, 06:46 PM
I actually enjoyed last night's episode. Both love & hate Bree and Carl together. Love that 'nasty' Katharine is back. I really didn't like her at all last season. Think there's a lot more to the new family than was let on. And am glad Mike married Susan. I think the storyline got a little (actually a lot) derailed last year because Gale Harold's of the motorcycle accident.

LordCirque
09-28-2009, 08:17 PM
I didn't hate her last season, her character being nice and "normal" just made no sense at all.

jenniferlyon
09-29-2009, 05:01 AM
How many times can creepy new people move into this neighborhood? This episode was disappointing for me. I don't want to be in for a repeat of last season when creepy Dave moved into the neighborhood and the season when creepy special child was locked in the basement, and the season Katherine moved in with the creepy ex, etc etc etc

Very true. It would be funny if some minor character leaves Wisteria Lane and moves to the hood, the barrio, or the trailer park specifically to get away from the endless cycle of psychos and to meet some nice, normal people for once.

soxxy
09-29-2009, 11:41 AM
The show will never have Lynette electing to get an abortion. It's too much of a hot button issue nowadays. Do characters on daytime soaps even get abortions any more? It seems to me it was more of a popular "option" during the 80's with Dallas, Dynasty, Knots Landing, etc., but the political atmosphere has changed in the US since then.

It's more likely she'll have a miscarriage (probably brought on by someone's whacked out behavior).