PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy Thread - 2009

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

LadyNit
09-27-2009, 09:00 PM
I hope Izzie breaks up with Alex AND gets laid off during the merger of the two hospitals. That's how much she annoys me. :EVILLE:

DBZ
09-27-2009, 09:05 PM
See I was not impressed by that scene. I thought it was played a bit too daytime soap operaish for my taste. To me she was better in the funeral scene. I couldn't stand the confrontation scene with the bus girl.

Sacrilege! :P;)

I actually feel the opposite. I was :rolleyes: during the funeral scene. The laughing seemed so contrived and over-the-top for me, like the writers were trying too hard to make the scene "pop."

To each his/her own, I suppose.

I hope Izzie breaks up with Alex AND gets laid off during the merger of the two hospitals. That's how much she annoys me. :EVILLE:

Heh...still holding that torch, eh Lady? :)

Well, Izzie still technically has cancer...and she's wishing for it to return, so you never know. ;)

AragornElessar
09-27-2009, 09:20 PM
To answer from a post further up...

Yes, Ellen and Chris are the parents of a healthy baby girl they named Stella.

Which had my Dad walking around the house going, "Good taste in names. Very good taste in names." :D It's my Mom's first and my second name, so...Yeah. :)

I liked the episode. I felt they wrapped everything up really well from the Season Finale of last year and gave us a good start to this year.

My favourite part was the Chief ending up in the ER of Callie's new hospital on her first day there. After the way he and she left things at Seattle Grace, that had me LOL!!

It's sad they let the Denny ghost thing go on for so long, as that really drove a lot of people away. This is a big season for Grey's, but I think this is a good start to rebuilding things.

At least I hope so.

sk8pics
10-03-2009, 02:33 PM
I felt like a lot of the episode, most of it, was very soap opera-ish. I'm not sure why I keep watching. First time there's a scheduling conflict it will drop off my list. I really like it at the beginning, but I don't like the way it's changed.

pat c
10-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the recaps. I quit watching GA last year. It got to stupid for words. I'm not sure I'll start watching it again, but it's nice to read the thread. And I never minded Izzie other than the Denny thing, but sometimes I really disliked Derek. All in the writing eh? ;)

pixie cut
10-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the recaps. I quit watching GA last year. It got to stupid for words. I'm not sure I'll start watching it again, but it's nice to read the thread. And I never minded Izzie other than the Denny thing, but sometimes I really disliked Derek. All in the writing eh? ;)

It's largely the writing, but it's also the acting. I find Patrick Dempsey acts his scenes like he has one foot out the door to go make more bad movies. Ellen Pompeo is way too old to be playing a resident. From the original cast, Sandra Oh, Justin Chambers and Chandra Wilson still do amazing jobs, but Katherine Heigl is hit and miss.

I think the couple that won't last the season is Cristina and Owen. They've only just gotten together and if the Meredith/Derek and Izzie/Alex pairing dynamic is held to form, they need at least one more breakup before they can be together.

AragornElessar
10-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Could someone do a recap of Thursday night's show please?

I missed it due to Opening Night in the NHL, so...Thanks in advance!!

silverstars
10-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Ellen Pompeo is way too old to be playing a resident.

Part of Meredith's back story is that she went to Dartmouth, graduated and basically had no direction with her life, and then later decides to go to med school when her mother is diagnosed with Alzheimer's. So, Meredith should look older from other residents, who went straight from undergrad to med school. Plus, Ellen Pompeo is 39...not that old to be a resident, and they purposefully make her look tired and less "glammed up" on the show.

pixie cut
10-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Part of Meredith's back story is that she went to Dartmouth, graduated and basically had no direction with her life, and then later decides to go to med school when her mother is diagnosed with Alzheimer's. So, Meredith should look older from other residents, who went straight from undergrad to med school. Plus, Ellen Pompeo is 39...not that old to be a resident, and they purposefully make her look tired and less "glammed up" on the show.

And Cristina's story is that she went to med school after earning a PhD in biochemistry. And Izzie's story is that it took her six years to finish college because of financial constraints and longer for med school because she was modeling to pay her way. Yes, they're supposed to be older than the other residents, but not THAT much older. They are careful never to say age. Notice how Dr. Wyatt interupted Cristina during the therapy session just as she said, "Owen enlisted at the age of..." They've jumped back and forth about how old Meredith is supposed to be and where she grew up and when she started med school. Still, the inference is she's around 30 or 31. Ellen Pompeo looks every day of her age. Unless they're going to make Meredith at least 35, she's becoming increasingly unrealistic in the part.

*Jen*
10-04-2009, 02:35 AM
I think it'll be Mark and Lexie. I just don't buy them as a couple, but on many of the forums people can't stand them together.

Lexie only moved in because she was jealous of Callie and sick of walking in on MerDer sex. The latter thing especially.

Although, I conceed that the only couple I'm sure will remain together this season is Meredith and Derek, because she's on mat leave and there won't be much focus on them to try to conceal her lack of screen time.

nerdycool
10-04-2009, 05:45 AM
I don't know... I actually am starting to warm up to Mark & Lexie. They seem to have pretty good chemistry, though I don't agree with her reasoning for actually moving in with him. It should be because she WANTS to, not because she feels she needs to.

And I've made it no secret that I really like Alex and Izzie together, so I hope it's not them. I think they'll leave Derrick & Meredith alone for at least a little while, so that leaves Owen & Christina as the couple to not make it. That does not make me sad at the moment. It's not that I don't like them together, but that it's still pretty new and I haven't really decided what I think.

TinyTwinkleToes
10-04-2009, 06:04 AM
I find Patrick Dempsey acts his scenes like he has one foot out the door to go make more bad movies.

Anyone here remember his role as "Jimbo Scott" in the movie Outbreak? Saw it in my Science and Fiction class last week and was LMAO over Patrick.

vesperholly
10-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Maybe she's flunked a few times and is the equivalent of a seventh-year senior? If only she'd spend less time on her relationships and more time on her doctoring ... :saint:

pixie cut
10-09-2009, 11:35 AM
I found last night's episode not very good. It's like it's desperate to find a rhythm and can't. Season six has not carried the momentum from season five. Grey's is back in a rut.

JJH
10-09-2009, 01:18 PM
There was virtually no suspense or drama built into the liver transplant. The writers seemed to treat this only as a convenient plot point to allow Pompeo some maternity leave. I am not hopeful about the incoming actors.