PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy Thread - 2009

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16

Capella
05-21-2010, 05:32 AM
I don't know if I'll ever calm down enough to sleep. I'm still shaking from the episode. WOW!

The Village Idiot
05-21-2010, 07:02 AM
Shooter...not a rockstar. :revenge: Shooter...not a rockstar, but the actor who played him (Michael O'Neill), I bow at his feet. Though I must admit in the first few scenes, I was like AGENT BUTTERFIELD! (his very fine and upstanding West Wing character) WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?

The whole episode was amazing. Many, many moments, but one that stuck out was when Cristina's voice cracked "Owen" while she was operating on Shepherd. She is hard as a rock and to see the crack, while forging forward, was tough.

genevieve
05-21-2010, 07:13 AM
ok I think this makes the bomb episode from a few seasons ago seem tame :lol:

I haven't watched GA at all this season, and only a few eps last season. Lots of new people I don't know.

In general the first hour was pretty incredible. Very taut, completely frightening. As always, Bailey completely steals the show - every scene with her in it was stellar, and I was totally teary during the other doctor's death. Their entire interaction was so heartwrenching.

The initial shooting was so sudden and the pileup of carnage so immediate...well done.

The Meh/Cristina show in the 2nd hour was a bit like Titanic at the end - the drama just never stopped piling on, and it really pushed my patience. The reveal of the shooter in the OR with Xtina etc was pretty good, but OMG when Meh started begging him to killer I was like PLEASE DO! And take that blabbering farm girl too, because I never want to hear her whiny voice again. I wonder if Meh's pleading of "Shoot me" was designed to echo her infamous "Choose me. Love. Me." speech, cause that's what I thought of. Fooling the shooter that Derek was dead was pretty swift (although I just do not believe a guy willing to kill that many people would simply walk away without pumping another bullet into Derek just for the hell of it), and of course then Meh has to be harangued into saving Owen. Oh, and just to make sure everyone knows that MEH's misery is more than anyone else's on the planet, she miscarried and keeps on working!. Ok, Shonda, that's taking it beyond drama into buffoonery.

Aaaaaargh, and did anyone NOT see that Kate Capshaw would totally change her entire stance on having kids after this? :rolleyes:

Very nice final scene between the (real) Chief and the shooter.

nerdycool
05-21-2010, 07:21 AM
I'm sorry, but that was an awesome episode. It was so tense that my heart is only now starting to relax. So many had scenes that could be Emmy-worthy... Christina, Bailey, Mercy dude, Mercy chick (not the one who died), Arizona, Callie, Lexie and even Meredith. Just, wow.

The only thing I had a problem with was when the shooter was on the catwalk and the SWAT team was coming in and not one of them saw him. He should have caught an eye... he was silhouetted against the bright windows and out in the open for crying out loud!

The scene I loved the most was in the OR while Christina was operating on Derrick. Even though Owen totally gave it away, I still was shocked to find the gunman holding a gun to Christina's head. This was probably the climax of the episode, and after that, everything slows down. That's okay that we didn't get a true cliffhanger... although I was expecting it with Derrick's life on the line.

Feel badly for Mark for hearing Lexie tell Alex that she loves him. And then for Lexie when Alex, even in his delirious state, makes it obvious that he's still in love with Izzie. That'll be a good love triangle next season.

pixie cut
05-21-2010, 02:13 PM
ok I think this makes the bomb episode from a few seasons ago seem tame :lol:

Ok, Shonda, that's taking it beyond drama into buffoonery.

Aaaaaargh, and did anyone NOT see that Kate Capshaw would totally change her entire stance on having kids after this? :rolleyes:

Very nice final scene between the (real) Chief and the shooter.

The sad and sorry contrast is that the bomb episode was incredibly well acted and had a point. From Christina Ricci as the scared EMT to the moment where Cristina told Derek that Meredith had her hand on the bomb to when the bomb squad guy blew up to the scene where Cristina and Izzie take Meredith into the shower. Just an incredible, compelling episode.

This was buffoonery.

The scene between Webber and the shooter was too little, too late.

And it's Jessica Capshaw, Kate's daughter. I will give you, the moment she was lying shielding the little girl with the burst appendix and saying, "There are only children here," was one of the few decent scenes. Her reconcilliation with Callie was, however, pure soap opera melodrama.

genevieve
05-21-2010, 04:10 PM
The sad and sorry contrast is that the bomb episode was incredibly well acted and had a point. From Christina Ricci as the scared EMT to the moment where Cristina told Derek that Meredith had her hand on the bomb to when the bomb squad guy blew up to the scene where Cristina and Izzie take Meredith into the shower. Just an incredible, compelling episode.
true

This was buffoonery.
I'd say that's 65% true. There was about 35% of great drama in there.

And it's Jessica Capshaw, Kate's daughter.

:o oops

Capella
05-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Jessica Capshaw is pregnant in real life, so I wonder if that is going to play any part in the storyline next season.

Okay, it's been 12 hours and I'm still all fried from this episode.

pixie cut
05-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Jessica Capshaw is pregnant in real life, so I wonder if that is going to play any part in the storyline next season.

Okay, it's been 12 hours and I'm still all fried from this episode.

It would be Grey's appropriate that there will be an episode where Callie can't get pregnant and Arizona agrees to have the baby.

It's been 12 1/2 hours and I'm still disgusted. :angryfire

Freespirit
05-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Amazing epidose. Watched a little of it again this morning. Bailey's performance was stellar, the scene on the floor by the elevators broke my heart.

pixie cut
05-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Amazing epidose. Watched a little of it again this morning. Bailey's performance was stellar, the scene on the floor by the elevators broke my heart.

I guess I'm a bad person. All I kept thinking was the actress who played Reed must have been so pissed she took it quick between the eyes, but Charles got a great death scene. He looked like he was thinking, "Finally, screen time!" :wall:

jenji124
05-21-2010, 05:38 PM
I thought it was an amazing episode. I first hour or so I was so tense, sitting on the edge of my seat. I work in a hospital and I didn't want to come into work today (completely irrational I know but a couple of my coworkers who watch the show said the same thing)

The only thing that really didn't 'fit' for me was Bailey not looking for other ways to get Charles out. I thought she would have tried a bit harder with that. Overall really well done episode though.

Capella
05-21-2010, 08:33 PM
HERE (http://www.greyswriters.com/2010/05/shonda-rhimes-on-sanctuary-and-death-and-all-his-friends.html) is Shonda's blog about why she chose to have everything happen in the finale. And how she couldn't have Bailey get shot.

*Jen*
05-21-2010, 10:29 PM
I liked it, but I wasn't shaking with the tension. I saw another show which had a shootout in it not so long ago (Silent Witness, BBC, series 13, eps 7-8 if anyone is interested) and that had me on the edge of my seat for the first hour.

This I thought was good, but kind of predictable given all the spoilers out there.

Then again, at least there wasn't a cruel cliffhanger like last year!

Very enjoyable episode, IMO :)

tarotx
05-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Correct spoilers do not make things predictable. Others thing in the finale may have (still haven't seen it. I have to wait for my sister to watch) but spoilers usually come from the script or eye witnesses at the filming.

DBZ
05-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Haven't watched Grey's all season, but tuned in for the much hyped finale.

Most. Ridiculous. Finale. Ever. :lol:

I can't even begin to list all the comically implausible contrivances in it, but I must say Shonda has definitely outdone herself in that regard here.

That had to be the most incompetent SWAT team on the face of the earth. I literally could not stop laughing when one of them actually shot the gunman to save Lexi...then let him walk away!!! Are you kidding me? :lol:

Fooling the shooter that Derek was dead was pretty swift (although I just do not believe a guy willing to kill that many people would simply walk away without pumping another bullet into Derek just for the hell of it)...

I know!

So, the gunman is specifically targeting and killing surgeons in cold blood left and right (even shooting one point-blank in the head) in an effort to find and kill Sheperd. So when he actually sees a surgeon freaking operating on Derek and trying to save his life...that's when he decides to hesitate? Puh-lease. :rolleyes:

This show can't even stay contained in it's own internal logic.

Hell, why didn't the gunman pop Derek off in the head when he shot him initially to make sure he was dead? Isn't that what this whole rampage was about? To kill Sheperd?

And are you telling me those 6 people in that OR couldn't have jumped and taken down a 60+ year old man with a pistol? Owen was in the freakin military for crying out loud! You expect me to believe one non-life theatening gunshot to the shoulder, and he's out?

Just...:lol:

Obviously I haven't missed much.

Nice to see Sandra and Chandra still acting their butts off though.