PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy Thread - 2009

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

pixie cut
05-14-2010, 07:53 PM
I love Dell. I'm so annoyed that they killed him!

I've been annoyed all season that he was not used, except for the brief pocket where his wife died in the explosion. He deserved a storyline.

nerdycool
05-14-2010, 08:16 PM
This is my first full season watching Private Practice, so it didn't move me much when Dell died. What did though, was the knowledge that Betsy lost both her parents in the space of a year (in TV terms). Poor kid.

pixie cut
05-14-2010, 10:59 PM
This is my first full season watching Private Practice, so it didn't move me much when Dell died. What did though, was the knowledge that Betsy lost both her parents in the space of a year (in TV terms). Poor kid.

Dell was actually a really interesting character the first two seasons. There was also the promise he'd hook up with one of the women on the show. First, he had a huge infatuation with Naomi, but she rebuffed him. Then he seemed to be headed toward Violet. It would have been interesting. Instead he got shoved into the background this season, only aired out during the couple of shows where his meth addict wife blew up the house. The producers knew most viewers would be impacted by the death, so it was a convenient way to write him off.

smurfy
05-16-2010, 11:23 PM
Interesting to guess which Mercy character would get killed, and like others, don't know names. Just like the one with nice eyes/famous grandfather. The others bleh.
I am hoping Lexie goes back to Sloan, I like them together. But Alex would be hurt, which is sad. I love the actor that plays Alex, he is really good. Knowing the actor has a bunch of kids in real life and how good he always is with young patients shines through.

Sad about Del - Private practice is a lousy show, but I keep watching, mostly just to see Taye Diggs, and see how bad the show gets. Also I love Charlotte and Cooper's relationship.

HeatherC
05-17-2010, 06:06 AM
Private Practice isn't so bad if you take it for what it is: a very soapy TV drama. :P I don't take it too seriously (although it has had a few good moments that got me teary) and it can be fun if you just suspend a little disbelief and enjoy all the cheesy and soapy moments. Taye Diggs is freaking awesome as Sam, Cooper and Charlotte have oodles of potential, and even Pete is more likeable now that he's a father. Violet bugged me a little this year but she's gotten better. I adore Kate Walsh and would watch her in just about anything but the supporting cast for the show overall isn't so bad. Maybe I'm just easy to please with some of my TV choices....I don't know. I enjoy PP and I really don't think it's all that bad. :)

And just for the record, I have no clue what's going to happen on GA this week but I know I'll be sitting in front of my TV anxiously watching to see everything. I love season finale week! :biggrinbo

*Jen*
05-17-2010, 09:57 AM
I hated the part about the room in the new house. It was like, is Cristina so pathetic and unable to have a life of her own that she needs a room at Meredith's?

I actually didn't mind that bit. I think it was a continuation of a theme - the whole "It's always been me and you, but now it's me and you, and me and Derek". I think it was Meredith's way of showing that even though she has extra loyalty towards Derek now they're married, there will always be room in her life for Cristina, which I thought was nice. She was just betrayed by her boyfriend, but her best friend is standing by.

nerdycool
05-18-2010, 08:42 PM
ABC has the first 10 minutes on the finale up on its site. But you WILL be spoiled if you watch it, as the action gets going pretty quickly. So watch at your own risk!

pixie cut
05-18-2010, 09:45 PM
ABC has the first 10 minutes on the finale up on its site. But you WILL be spoiled if you watch it, as the action gets going pretty quickly. So watch at your own risk!

Honestly, I'm sick of the spoilers and sneak peaks. I just want this season over and done. Maybe Shonda Rhimes will do better next season.

*Jen*
05-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Honestly, I'm sick of the spoilers and sneak peaks. I just want this season over and done. Maybe Shonda Rhimes will do better next season.

Haven't we been saying that for a few years now?

It's no longer a great show for me, and it never will be again. But having given up on that idea, I find I'm able to enjoy it at least.

Andora
05-19-2010, 01:51 PM
:shuffle: I've kind of enjoyed this season, if I think about it. It's gotten meh at times, but it still doesn't drive me batty like when they have Meredith and Derek apart and moony over each other. I've really enjoyed the continued development of all the other characters, and can even overlook some BS like Derek as an obnoxious chief, stupid Mercy Westers (save pretty eyes) etc. etc. I'm trying to remember why I hated the show earlier this year.

I watched the opening 10 minutes due to procrastination, and whoa. I can't wait for tomorrow.

pixie cut
05-19-2010, 02:25 PM
It's no longer a great show for me, and it never will be again. But having given up on that idea, I find I'm able to enjoy it at least.

The arrival of Owen Hunt revived my interest last season. I just love Kevin McKidd and I love seeing more of Sandra Oh. This season, the writers quickly disposed of what was interesting about these characters and served up their relationship like a stew made of leftovers. The plots in general have been all over the place and lacking anything that makes you crave the next episode. I feel like I've been reading spoilers and speculation about this finale forever. I just want to see it. Then I want a nice long break from Grey's. There have been shows that rediscover their mojo. While Grey's Anatomy will never be as good as it was the first two seasons, it can become a lot better than it was this year. If it can't, time to say goodbye.

danafan
05-21-2010, 01:52 AM
OMG I'm almost an hour into the show now thanks to time shifting via the New Brunswick channel.

It's so intense I'm scared and almost in tears and there's more than an hour to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

HeatherC
05-21-2010, 02:16 AM
Um, I think I'm going to need therapy after this show is over tonight. The action started about ten minutes in tonight and I'm all ready doing this.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

fsfann
05-21-2010, 02:20 AM
We are in hour # 2, and this show is NUTS tonight.....that's all I can say ....
and I'm not even watching any of the hockey game, which says a lot.

mkats
05-21-2010, 02:25 AM
I just realized that it was tonight :duh: what do you think guys- should I jump in and start watching (now that I've missed the first half already), or wait to watch it in full tomorrow online?