PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy Thread - 2009

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16

pixie cut
03-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Didn't she leave with Meredith when Mere was still just a little girl.

After all, this man was supposed to be someone who kept up with the top surgeons (knowing Richard's research topics and Derek's experimental treatments), but he wasn't aware that Ellis was no longer at the hospital that she had done her residency at?

That question took me out of the moment.

That is a good question that I feel the writers have never really answered. They've played with it to suit the situation.

In the first or second season that nurse came to Seattle Grace to die and she told Meredith she was Ellis Gray's scrub nurse for 18 years.

They did say she left after her residency, but did she return to Seattle at some point?
Was that house empty for over 20 years?
Who lived there and when?
Why did she wind up in Seattle when she developed Alzheimer's?

In one episode Richard made some reference to Ellis working with the United Nations, but that was never really detailed.

If she left over 25 years before, why would Harper Avery ask for her?

smurfy
03-06-2010, 01:29 AM
I thought Ellis had been working at Seattle Grace til a few years (say 2-5) before Mer showed up for her residency. Then she went away 2-5 years ago for the UN or some cover, but was really being treated for Alzheimer's. That has been my impression.
Mer's father had been out of Mer's life for over 20 years.
This is all based on things from the begining of the show, so could be hazy.

pixie cut
03-06-2010, 01:49 AM
I thought Ellis had been working at Seattle Grace til a few years (say 2-5) before Mer showed up for her residency. Then she went away 2-5 years ago for the UN or some cover, but was really being treated for Alzheimer's. That has been my impression.
Mer's father had been out of Mer's life for over 20 years.
This is all based on things from the begining of the show, so could be hazy.

It's hazy because they've morphed the story several times.

At first, she left a few years before. Really did go work for the UN. Wound up back in Seattle when she developed Alzheimers.

Then the story seemed to say she left Seattle for the East Coast immediately after residency never to return.

Perpetual creative license. :rolleyes:

ArtisticFan
03-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Then the story seemed to say she left Seattle for the East Coast immediately after residency never to return.

That's the one I've pretty much gone with, as my memory and interpretation have always been that she left after Richard refused to leave his wife. I couldn't imagine her coming back to work at the same location he was at.

pixie cut
03-06-2010, 03:23 PM
That's the one I've pretty much gone with, as my memory and interpretation have always been that she left after Richard refused to leave his wife. I couldn't imagine her coming back to work at the same location he was at.

That seems to be the way the story has gone the past few years, but then why did she still have a house. Did the house really sit empty for over 20 years? Why did she wind up back in Seattle when she developed Alzheimer's? All very fluid. Add to that, why did Richard have an 18-year drinking problem if it wasn't fueled by Ellis' continuing presence in the hospital? It makes sense he'd have had a bad time for a year or two after she left, but why was it ongoing? :mad:

smurfy
03-06-2010, 11:23 PM
I thought Richard had been sober for awhile, then recently starting drinking again. But this show does play with continuity. I still really enjoy the show, and just have to go with the flow.

Jimena
03-12-2010, 02:05 AM
And apparently Heigl (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/03/11/greys-anatomy-katherine-heigl-leaving/) is leaving the show. Or rather, left it already. As in, no more episode with Izzie.

Finally. I haven't missed her at all and the show is better without her.

HeatherC
03-12-2010, 05:23 AM
Count me as another who is happy Izzy won't be around anymore. I've enjoyed the show so much more with her gone and I was dreading her coming back. :blah:

I know I haven't commented much in this thread lately (which is sad since I'm the originator of it, LOL :P) but I am still watching the show and for the most part have enjoyed this season. I like the stories, I like how Mer & Derek aren't the main focus all the time, I like Owen & Cristina and the new Cardio god lady, and I really like that Sloan is growing up and becoming more of an adult even without losing his snarkiness and sarcasm. It's been a good year for Grey's and I'm looking forward to seeing what's coming up next. :)

kimkom
03-12-2010, 05:24 AM
Callie and Bailey were priceless tonight! :rofl:

pixie cut
03-12-2010, 02:38 PM
no more episode with Izzie.

Finally. I haven't missed her at all and the show is better without her.

There might be one more appearance to officially wrap up her storyline, but it really is for the best. Once she walked out the first time at the beginning of the season, her character became extraneous. Give the new characters some room to breathe. She doesn't want to be on the show. Diva Heigl has made that painfully obvious. Time to give her what she wants. I predict within three years her movie "career" will have run its course. If Grey's is still on the air, she'll magically reappear just as Alex, Meredith and Cristina are all finishing their residencies and becoming attendings.

Andora
03-12-2010, 03:06 PM
With the exception of Derek being chief, which I just CAN NOT stand, I've really enjoyed this season. And I'm sad to say that, because that means I don't miss George or Izzie. I think the show really did need this shot in the arm from the new characters, and the writers have risen to the challenge with more to work with. It's not all saaaad Snow Patrol songs and heartbreak anymore; it's quirky and fun and I even enjoy Meh a lot these days. I bet you I could stomach a breakup of her and Derek, even.

So, sad to see Heigl go, because I really liked her, but what else were they going to do with her character?

ArtisticFan
03-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Callie and Bailey were priceless tonight! :rofl:

Just the fact that Bailey was shown as more vulnerable was great for me. I laughed and laughed at the whole "surgical area" scene.

Satellitegirl
03-12-2010, 07:12 PM
I am glad to see some fun back in the show again. I enjoyed last night's episode a lot. I love Sloan trying to find a meaningful relationship. Eric Danes really plays the "confused macho guy trying to be sincere" well lol. Loved Callie and Bailey's scenes. Kinda bummed the whole kid thing came up with Callie and whatsername. I like them as a couple on the show. Loved when Bailey's guy told her to stop lecturing him and told her how to have a conversation about it lol. Someone finally put Bailey in her place!

Jimena
03-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Loved last night's episode. Loved it. Loved Callie and Bailey. Loved Mark and Teddy. And finally they let Miranda have a make out session. It's about time.

pixie cut
03-12-2010, 07:47 PM
"I told her to think of him as a candy bar." Finally, something memorable from Arizona.