PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

AliasJohnDoe
07-14-2009, 02:03 AM
I thought the episode was a little less exciting than the first 3.

My favorite character is becoming Jessica. I'm hoping there is more Jessica and Hoyt interactions. A few of her quotes in that Southern Vampire drawl:

"Is it my fault my fangs come out when I get turned on?" after Hoyt leaves.

Flipping around in her coffin on the airport tarmac. "How the hell does this thing open?!?"

Bellman Barry shows up at the hotel room with a blond guy..."Male B-". Jessica grabs blond guys hand and says "That's for me." I guess she ordered a late night snack.

Jason becomes a "Soldier of the Sun". Jason and Sara's escapade must be coming soon. Jason was having a sexy hallucination of her dancing around the grill while he talked to her husband. I also found it funny how Jason has "no clue" when it comes to the bible.

Funny to see Lafayette flipping and dancing around after he drinks Eric's blood to heal his leg..."Thank you baby Thank you baby Thank you baby ...aaaaa." He musta caught a good buzz from Eric's very old blood. :rollin:

Oh....and Eric was in a black tank top last night. :grope:

jen_faith
07-14-2009, 02:12 AM
Lafayette getting V buzz :lol::lol:

Episode went too quickly for me but am getting *very* bored with the orgies--how many times can you roll around and grovel in the dirt/food/mammaries of others before it's time to get to the freakin' POINT!

rfisher
07-14-2009, 02:30 AM
Yeah. They're making a big deal of what was a minor thing in the book. Now it's just gratuitous sex. Which, I'm not interested in unless it's Eric. With Sookie, not Layette.

AliasJohnDoe
07-14-2009, 02:34 AM
I keep missing and can't make out what Jessica made the limo driver yell out in the hotel lobby after she playfully glamoured him.

She says "All your worst dreams will come true unless you yell out...."

What did he yell out?

screech
07-15-2009, 04:51 AM
I was a bit underwhelmed as well. Loved the Lafayette V healing and the humping with Eric's amusal. and love how Lafayette is so straightforward with everything he knows about vamps.

Loved Bill in daddy teaching mode and love Jessica now.

Still hate Maryanne though. Can't wait to see what happens with Daphne/Sam and her 'knowledge'. Love that the orgy though kind of made Arlene and Terry finally start canoodling.

Keep em coming HBO!!

Matryeshka
07-15-2009, 05:29 AM
I think one orgiefest was necessary to get the point across that Marianne Is Not What She Seems, but two was going into Skinemax territory and didn't advance her plotline at all. They established that she was evilllllle when she tempted Andy Bellafleure back into the bottle--anything after that was just gratuitous. It actually got to the point where it was just kind of silly. I mean, did we really need to see Jane Bodehouse's boobs while Erik's shirts remained closed the entire show?

I demand justice! I demand equality! EQUALITY IN NEKKIDITY FOR VAMPS! :soapbox:

screech
07-15-2009, 05:41 AM
Haha I agree! Though we got to see Eric's shoulder blades tonight (interesting tank top for a man, but no complaints)... so we're slowly getting there!

The one good thing coming from the Maryanne stuff IMO is we're getting to see a 'human' side to Andy, which I like.

And I love that the Eric/Lafayette potential has been kind of quashed and explained - he's intrigued by what's important to Sookie. Plus since Lafayette has now had his blood, Eric can track him...

rfisher
07-15-2009, 08:22 AM
I've been robbed of Bubba. I fear I'll be robbed of Eric. Oh the inhumanity. :drama:

screech
07-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Maybe they'll include Bubba in later seasons...

Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette) was robbed of an Emmy nomination. True, a lot of the show's acting sucks a lot of the time (coughANNAPAQUINcough) but Nelsan always brought it. Even Rutina Wesley (Tara) was usually pretty awesome.

Though no True Blood love, I'm hoping we'll get to see some Alexander Skarsgard at the Emmys since his miniseries Generation Kill was nominated for best Miniseries.

skategal
07-17-2009, 12:46 AM
Has anyone else noticed that YUMMY Alexander Skarsgard is in the new Lady Gaga video for the song 'Paparazzi?' :grope:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOrKLUlh-To

rfisher
07-17-2009, 01:10 AM
He was pretty, but I wish I'd quit watching before she started singing. Dead bodies isn't art or amusing. She is just too bizarre.

screech
07-17-2009, 02:14 AM
I'm not a fan of hers at all, but it was her most tolerable video (and not just because of Alexander). Dude looked hot but should have been nakeder.

rfisher
07-17-2009, 02:43 AM
= Dude looked hot but should have been nakeder.

ITA

rfisher
07-20-2009, 03:05 AM
Great episode. Now, I assume that was Sophie-Anne at the end? Are they making her Bill's maker instead of whoever she was in book 3? That will be interesting.

Eric's line *what's in it for me?* was classic Eric as I read him in the books.

jen_faith
07-20-2009, 12:17 PM
That's not Sophie-Anne, that was Lorena, Bill's maker.

I find not much is happening in each episode/that the stories are not really advancing very much. I suppose it's because Alan Ball is working towards weaving together three story lines. Once these all intersect I suspect the pace will pick up. Right now, however, there's only a little bit that gets done in each story line.

I hope the pace picks up soon, though because it's getting a bit dull, to be honest...

Great episode. Now, I assume that was Sophie-Anne at the end? Are they making her Bill's maker instead of whoever she was in book 3? That will be interesting.