PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67

DBZ
09-14-2010, 12:23 AM
As my husband commented, "Come with us Sookie to 1980's land."

Ha. For a moment I thought I was watching Xanadu. All that was missing from that scene were the roller skates. :lol:

For the book fans, seriously, is the Fairy stuff this corny in the books, with the outer glowing, Dragon Ball energy blasting, and the badly soft-lit herbal essences garden?

And although I think A-hole!Sam is totally contrived, I'm willing to suspend disblief for that one scene with Tommy. I'm one of those who hopes he didn't miss. :shuffle:

rfisher
09-14-2010, 12:31 AM
For the book fans, seriously, is the Fairy stuff this corny in the books, with the outer glowing, Dragon Ball energy blasting, and the badly soft-lit herbal essences garden?

:

No. It's nothing like what they've done on TV. In fact, the first fairies you meet are Claudine and her twin Claude who are described as gorgeous. Claude is a gay male stripper and Claudine wants to be an angel. Claude doesn't really like humans and only helps Sookie when he has to, although Claudine drops in now and again. And the vamps don't get to go out in the light when they drink her blood. It's described more like cats and catnip. No dragon ball blasting and Sookie doesn't have any powers other than her mind reading.

flutzilla1
09-14-2010, 03:10 AM
The "Battle of the Fang" contest screech mentioned a few posts back is finished. Bill won, but not by a whole lot, and the contest raised almost $70K for the Gulf Aid and SOS Childrens Village charities (wow)! I'm thrilled for both charities, but I still don't get Bill's appeal or how this was even a close contest. If this was a contest involving Stephen Moyer vs Alex Skarsgard I could understand, but I am truly stunned Vampire Bill still has so many fans....(shrugs)

screech
09-14-2010, 03:59 AM
I don't understand how Bill won either, but to be fair, in a battle that raised almost $70,000, the difference was just $820.
Team Boring Civil War Dude: $35,043
Team Awesome Hunky Viking: $34,223

I especially don't know how he won, considering just before the battle ended, Eric was ahead, and in the finale Bill was revealed to be a bit of a douche.

I have to wonder, donations came in past the 1am deadline... was Bill ahead at the time of the deadline, or did he just win by the squeakers?

Though I'm slightly bitter (especially cause I donated to Team Eric and won't get to see Stephen in an "I'm having a Skarsgasm" shirt), congratulations to both men for doing this and kudos to everybody who donated to the cause. It's really quite amazing!

Though I'm sure if Alex wore a c*ck sock to donate like Stephen did, Team Eric would have blown them out of the water! But heck, real men don't wear c*ck socks!
(http://skarsgardnews.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/battleofthefang.jpg)
And apparently, one of the Team Eric fans who does work with Doctors Without Borders has now decided to start doing some work as well for Alex's charity of SOS Children's Villages, and the Battle has picked up some sponsors for future years.

Go Team Eric, 2011!!!

And just a heads up, we have 9 months until Season 4, but I will still provide updates on things that I find out in the off-season for those interested. One note:
Alex's little brother Bill is in the movie that Sweden has selected for their 2011 Oscar bid for Foreign Language film. (http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwrap/the_next_generation_of_skarsgard_umbxo1uskYx4I9ISA rTIbP) The movie is called Simple Simon and Bill plays the titular character. 20 year-old Bill looks quite a lot like a younger, dark-haired Alex.

Alex's birthday charity auction is still going on. The current item up for bid is an autographed English version of the short film "To Kill a Child" for which Alex was co-writer and co-director. (http://skarsgardnews.com/?page_id=8354) It stars his little brother Valter and features Papa Skarsgard as the narrator.

Production for True Blood is predicted to start up again in mid to late November, so until then, my bits of info will likely be based on other projects or gossip, but it's still entertaining to know what our favourites are up to, such as...

First look at Evan Rachel Wood in HBO's Mildred Pierce miniseries. (http://www.trueblood-online.com/cast-crew/evan-rachel-wood/first-look-at-even-rachel-wood-in-hbos-mildred-pierce-miniseries/) She costars with Kate Winslet and Guy Pearce, and the miniseries is due in 2011.

ERW and Joe Manganiello presenting together that the MTV VMAs. (http://www.trueblood-online.com/cast-crew/evan-rachel-wood/evan-rachel-wood-and-joe-manganiello-present-at-the-mtv-video-music-awards/)

Orable
09-14-2010, 04:12 AM
I'm now guessing that while Sookie is off in Fern Gully or wherever she is,
PMLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :rofl: Fern Gully, tee hee hee! OMG, all the fairy scenes are insanely cheesy. Even the books - which are pure velveeta - don't portray the fairies this cheesily. Everything from the soft focus, to the Christmas lights and the prancing fairies, is ridiculous. I found BookClaudine intriguing and I hate her on the show [much like the late Calvin, but that's neither here nor there :shuffle: ], so having Sookie go to Summerland or whereever, is just a-ok by me.

IMO some of the best storylines on the show are where they diverge from the books (eg. Jessica), so I guess I'm looking forward to seeing what happens to Sookie next year. But we better see some Sookie-Eric relationship development now that Beel is out of the picture - at least for a little while :mitchell:

I find ASkars insanely hot, but I can also see why others don't - puffy eyes, almost receding hairline, somewhat oily looking skin, a bit of an overbite... but weirdly to me his imperfections kind of came together in a rather attractive manner. Plus, apparently he's one of the sweetest guys in Hollywood (even bitchy Ted Casablancas says so!) so that adds to his charm IMO.

Now Joe, on the other hand, it'd be hard for me to understand people not finding him hot (especially when he's shaved). Dude is freaking beautiful! And even taller than Alex!
ITA re: Askars. He has a weird overbite and puffy eyes (hard partying 20s?), he's a bit lankier than my usual likes and way more pale. But there's a little je ne sais quoi about him that makes him sooooo attractive. I'm thinking it has sth to do with how self-confident and comfortable he is in his own skin. Also, as you note, he comes off as very down to earth and that's always a plus.

Joe Mangianello (sp?) makes me phroawwwwr! everytime he comes on screen :swoon: Partly it's bc Alcide was one of my fave characters in the books (before CH dickified him) and partly it's bc that scruff, the jeans and those flannels, the bedimpled smile and work-tanned skin are just all the man this straight gal could want. He's been underused this season (I have a suspicion it's bc he might not be a v good actor :shuffle: ), so I look fwd to seeing more of him (and I do mean more of him :P) next season.

Oof. Is it June already? :slinkaway

screech
09-14-2010, 04:39 AM
ITA re: Askars. He has a weird overbite and puffy eyes (hard partying 20s?), he's a bit lankier than my usual likes and way more pale. But there's a little je ne sais quoi about him that makes him sooooo attractive. I'm thinking it has sth to do with how self-confident and comfortable he is in his own skin. Also, as you note, he comes off as very down to earth and that's always a plus.
While ASkars has owned up to drinking and partying a lot as a teen, and having tested drugs (which he says he didn't like), and partying in his 20s as well, (and still enjoying his alcohol to this day) he had the puffy eyes even as a toddler (http://skarsgardnews.com/gallery/content/001_Exclusives/004_Young_Alex/alex_baby_pics_004.jpg) and child in his first movie role (https://www.alexander-skarsgardfans.com/images/as_ake_och_han_varld_2.jpg). It must be part of the Skarsgard genes, because Papa Skarsgard, (http://www.empiremovies.com/_word_press/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/stellan-skarsgard.jpg)Gustaf, (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a1/Gustaf_Skarsg%C3%A5rd_20100805_2cr.JPG/220px-Gustaf_Skarsg%C3%A5rd_20100805_2cr.JPG) and Bill (http://www.svd.se/multimedia/dynamic/00418/bill-skarsg_rd_418701q.jpg) have the puffy eyes as well.

He is quite lanky though. He's said that if he doesn't work out he is insanely skinny, so he has to keep at it to keep some bulk. Just look at him in Zoolander - he was a string bean!

Orable
09-14-2010, 04:53 AM
OMG that retro 70s toddler picture is too adorable :lol: You're right; it looks like the puffy eyes are a genetic thing, so I take back my question about the partying. I have noticed that he was pretty skinny in S1, though, so I'm glad he's taking care to work at bulkifiying (I wish I had the same problem; I have to work at slimming down :shuffle: )

BigB08822
09-14-2010, 06:25 AM
Ugh, I have to wait 9 months now, boooo! I liked the finale but as many pointed out, some things stuck out like sore thumbs. I hated when Bill and QSA levitated to attack each other! It looked so fake, I could practically see the wires and harnesses they were hanging from, not to mention Bill can NOT fly. I also found it :lol: that if you REALLY rescind an invitation it will blow someone out of the door...but you have to mean it! I am ready for amnesiac Eric, please! I want a smoldering shower sex scene!

screech
09-14-2010, 06:33 AM
Oh, they damn well better have the shower scene (though they don't really do more than petting in the shower), and Eric in his red speedo undies.

You hear me Alan Ball? If you want to keep fans, you need Eric in red speedo undies and shower foreplay! With Eric and Sookie (not the stupid Bill and Sookie one we had this year).

MarieM
09-14-2010, 08:34 AM
Askars rocks *love*

flyingsit
09-14-2010, 01:31 PM
I think the guy that plays Jason is very good looking...however the fact that Jason is a dimwit completely turns me off from finding him attractive in the show lol

Hee hee. I love that his character is so clueless, but so well-meaning at the same time. He gets ideas and just goes at them 100% without bothering with that silly thinking.

rfisher
09-14-2010, 01:59 PM
I have to say I'm a little more fond of TV Jason than book Jason who was just annoying.

Satellitegirl
09-14-2010, 02:24 PM
That's funny, I actually like book Jason better. I didn't find that he was as idiotic and naive. Some, yes, but not to an unbelievable level.

Evilynn
09-14-2010, 02:49 PM
And although I think A-hole!Sam is totally contrived, I'm willing to suspend disblief for that one scene with Tommy. I'm one of those who hopes he didn't miss. :shuffle:

Me too. I hate the asshat!Sam story line (it seems completely superfluous) as well, but Tommy's been annoying the hell out of me all season, so in thsi instance: Goooo asshat!Sam!

Alex's little brother Bill is in the movie that Sweden has selected for their 2011 Oscar bid for Foreign Language film. (http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwrap/the_next_generation_of_skarsgard_umbxo1uskYx4I9ISA rTIbP) The movie is called Simple Simon and Bill plays the titular character. 20 year-old Bill looks quite a lot like a younger, dark-haired Alex.

They're calling it "Simple Simon" for real?? :eek: The Swedish title is "I rymden finns inga känslor" which means "There are no emotions in space" and the main character (Simon) has Aspergers. That's title!fail on an epic scale. :shuffle:

Desperado
09-14-2010, 03:39 PM
I was all set to hate the finale until Eric showed up on Sookie's porch covered in cement. :D And I just love that Pam saved him and got rid of the assassin for hire in one night.

However, the rest was mind bogglingy weird in a bad way. For instance, I don't understand why Sookie would be all eager to save Eric after he almost drained her.

Also, I was never a huge fan of Bill but in one quick swoop he becomes a totally different character - obsessed with Sookie to the point of killing everyone else and to top it off, he had her beat up? The book mentioned the Queen sending him but not that he sent the V pushers after her IIRC. And I don't even get why he went after the Queen. To be more powerful then Eric?

And speaking of Eric, there is no reason in the world why he wouldn't have killed Bill after what he did to him and Pam. Unless he wanted Sookie to hate him first, which he did accomplish, but then he just sends Bill on his way without even yelling at him.

There's also no reason why he would keep Russell alive. And even if I were to reach far enough to actually believe he would do it for Godric, then why torture him for centuries? Either way, he's not doing what Godric wants so why not just kill him? I know they probably wanted to keep the actor on, and he is great but heck, I would've been happy with a twin vampire story. Now it makes Eric look conflicted and stupid.

Lastly, they made Sam into a serial killer? So that now Sookie only has cold-
blooded killers in her life and no Tara to help her? Sheesh.

Sorry about the rant - maybe I still do hate the finally. :D