PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

screech
09-13-2010, 04:45 AM
One word... Godric. I love him!!!!!

Sookie was (dare I say) AWESOME for the half of the episode that took place at Fangtasia. Standing up to Bill (for once), saving Eric, taunting Russell while reading Star magazine (with Russell ripping out the spine on the cover), then dumping Talbot (I laughed at Ginger drying the empty 'urn'). I actually think the Star magazine was an 'in' joke, because the cast apparently regularly teases Alexander for his appearances in the tabloids.

Nice to see Tara taking a look at herself. Didn't like the haircut. Just wish she would have taken out the braids, because Rutina's un-braided hair is gorgeous in RL.

Hoyt and Jessica = swoon, though I hope this doesn't mean the end of Summer, cause I kind of adored her.

Jason/Crystal = dumb. Jason actually had a decent idea for Crystal to escape Felton, but she instead went with him? DUMB!!

Was anyone else surprisingly sad to see Sam fire that gun at Tommy? But since we didn't see it hit anything, anyone else thinking baby bro will be back?

THANK GOD FOR ERIC! After giving Bill multiple chances to come clean to Sookie, he finally (though after just learning the truth a few episodes ago) spilled the beans. Loved how he then tried to comfort Sookie in his own way, saying he regrets she has to go through this, but also putting a bit of a good word in for himself saying he wasn't going to give her to Russell. And love how it appears that to him, losing Sookie is a bigger punishment than dying.

Anyone else scream at Eric not to shake hands with Bill? Haha bill totally stole Eric's idea of the handcuffs and the Viking fell for it! Thank god for the maker/child 'tingle phone'. Hee Eric was so cute picking cement out of his hair when talking to Bill and Sookie. And speaking of his hair, why didn't his hair burn when he was in the sun? When he was back inside his hair was still perfectly gelled back into place.

And anyone else find it hilarious that to cement Russell Eric was wearing a velour tracksuit? Almost as awesome as his ringtone from the last episode.

Will Jesus be involved with the witches for season 4? If they remotely follow the book, I can't see how he'd be involved, unless it's a bit of revenge on behalf of La La, but La La and Eric are on decent terms now - Eric has even given him a nickname! (Ru Paul).

The ending... STUPID! Seriously, no half naked Eric running down the road, instead we have Sookie going off to Fairy Land with Claudine? And speaking of insane things, since when can Bill mimic voices? And will we ever get to meet this Mr. Ruben (who Eric had in episode 1 yelled at for not finding Bill)

I'm wondering if Sookie going to Fairy Land means they're going to finally move forward in time a bit, cause so far everything's taken place over the course of like 2 months. Maybe she'll be gone for a few, since the season 4 main storyline should really start on New Year's Eve...

Is it June yet?

Alan Ball thanks the fans for watching and dishes a smidge about season 4. (http://www.trueblood-news.com/video-after-the-season-finale-episode-with-alan-ball)

Joe Manganiello (http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/09/12/joe-manganiello-mtv-vmas-2010-red-carpet/) and Evan Rachel Wood (http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/09/12/evan-rachel-wood-mtv-vmas-2010-red-carpet/) presented together at the VMAs tonight. Evan's commercial for the new Gucci fragarance premiered during the show.

And finally, the winner of the Battle of the Fang will be announced tomorrow. Go Team Eric! But together, both teams have raised about $50,000 for charity from this battle, so absolutely amazing job!

Satellitegirl
09-13-2010, 05:15 AM
LOL @ Eric's "I want my phone back" that was classic and had me rolling. Glad he wasn't encased at the end of the season. I'm really glad Bill got what he deserved for deceiving Sookie. I hope that means a shift towards a confused Eric next season.

Talbot in the garbage disposal was hilarious.

I actually like Tara's hair short, and I liked her this episode.

Jason story boring.

Lafayette story more interesting with him seeing more about the other people's lives, but still rather blah.

Loved seeing Alcide yet again...was secretly hoping they'd have something go on with him and Sookie lol.

Not sure what the deal was with Sookie disappearing with the fairies at the end....kinda silly.

I'm hoping Alan Ball talking about the upheaval in the Vampire world, means that they're going ahead with the amnesiac Eric thing. Guess we'll see!....in another 9 months :P

screech
09-13-2010, 05:51 AM
Loved seeing Alcide yet again...was secretly hoping they'd have something go on with him and Sookie lol.

LOVED when Eric said (re: Bill and Alcide's stare-down) "If you two are finished eye-f*cking..." hee hee.

Did anyone thing some of the special effects this episode kind of sucked? Like the makeup on Russell looked like charred paper pasted all over his face. And the Bill/Sophie-Anne floating towards each other... which makes no sense, because Bill said in season 1 that he couldn't fly! Um, continuity fairy, where are you? (Probably drinking the fun juice with Sookie and Claudine).

Anyone notice that both times Eric has majorly taunted Bill he's played with his hair? This season when he makes Bill reveal the truth, he's ruffling it and pulling out concrete. Last season when they're outside QSA's and he's just flown in he's ruffling it there too. Hee.

I'm personally hoping that Sookie's disappearing act is basically to allow for a time leap and she'll be back once the show returns. Unless we get to meet Niall in Fairy Land and Charlaine Harris gets her wish of David Bowie(!) playing him. Can't you just picture Labyrinth Bowie as Niall?

And I still completely covet QSA's wardrobe. GORGEOUS dress. And if a younger QSA can put her heel next to Eric's genitals and fang out at him after throwing him against a wall, you better believe she could kick a younger Bill's ass! Wonder if she'll forgive Eric for turning on her? He did basically lead to her getting Mississippi...

The only thing I liked about La La this episode was when after his freak out phone call with Jesus he re-sassed himself.

mashenka82
09-13-2010, 01:40 PM
I agree that the make-up on Russell was just weird!

Also, the one and only thing that truly bothered me about this episode was the end with Bill and QSA - obviously they won't be killing off Bill, so I fear that they'll kill QSA which makes zero sense in terms of continuity because tehy've constantly said that the younger vampire stands no chance - so there's no way that Bill should win, but obviously (no matter how much I may personally want it), Bill will not be meeting the final death... I'm not even deigning to hope for this result!

flutzilla1
09-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Overall I thought it was a great episode until the last 2 minutes. As my husband commented, "Come with us Sookie to 1980's land." What a hugely disappointing cliffhanger, especially when you consider what they could have ended it with. Ugh.

Satellitegirl
09-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Yeah I agree the final scene was lame.

skategal
09-13-2010, 05:11 PM
And will we ever get to meet this Mr. Ruben (who Eric had in episode 1 yelled at for not finding Bill)

I thought Pam said that she killed him when he came after her on Bill's orders.

I LURVED Eric's velour tracksuit. That was so cute. He and Sookie need to get together...like yesterday. :lol:

screech
09-13-2010, 06:13 PM
I thought Pam said that she killed him when he came after her on Bill's orders.

I LURVED Eric's velour tracksuit. That was so cute. He and Sookie need to get together...like yesterday. :lol:

Oh, you're right about Mr. Ruben. Dang. Wonder if he was meant to be the show's version of Bobby from the book. But seriously, since when does Bill mimic voices?

I don't think they'll kill off QSA or Bill. But Bill is extremely minor in Book 4, so maybe he'll be in New Orleans with the Queen in order to make up for all his bullshit?

Alan Ball has said now that season 4 will pick up right when season 3 ended, so I guess we won't be moving on with the time or anything... so apparently its still summer, 2008. I'm now guessing that while Sookie is off in Fern Gully or wherever she is, Eric will be dealing with Hallow (the casting call was made about a month ago) and when she gets back that whole storyline will start, so maybe around episode 3ish? And hopefully it will last at least 6 episodes.

And maybe that's why Tara drove off to find herself or whatever, so that she'd be gone while Sookie deals with Eric. And maybe she'll bring JB (from the books) back with her!

flyingsit
09-13-2010, 07:22 PM
I feel like an outcast... I adore Jason and do not find Eric exceptionally attractive.

rfisher
09-13-2010, 08:13 PM
I feel like an outcast... I adore Jason and do not find Eric exceptionally attractive.

My hairdresser is with you.

Satellitegirl
09-13-2010, 08:29 PM
I think the guy that plays Jason is very good looking...however the fact that Jason is a dimwit completely turns me off from finding him attractive in the show lol

screech
09-13-2010, 09:06 PM
I find ASkars insanely hot, but I can also see why others don't - puffy eyes, almost receding hairline, somewhat oily looking skin, a bit of an overbite... but weirdly to me his imperfections kind of came together in a rather attractive manner. Plus, apparently he's one of the sweetest guys in Hollywood (even bitchy Ted Casablancas says so!) so that adds to his charm IMO.

I find Ryan really cute, but I don't find his body as spectacular as its made out to be. Yeah, he's insanely fit, but in a weird looking way to me. I kind of adore his dimwitted Jason, because I kind of consider him more innocently naive than stupid.

Weirdly, I don't find Stephen attractive as Bill, but in real life I find him insanely adorable and charming. His sense of humour and his British accent just do it for me I guess. Plus seeing him with Anna, you can't help but adore him.

Now Joe, on the other hand, it'd be hard for me to understand people not finding him hot (especially when he's shaved). Dude is freaking beautiful! And even taller than Alex!

Satellitegirl
09-13-2010, 09:23 PM
Agreed about Joe. He's wolfalicious.

flutzilla1
09-13-2010, 10:13 PM
Weirdly, I don't find Stephen attractive as Bill, but in real life I find him insanely adorable and charming. His sense of humour and his British accent just do it for me I guess.

I totally agree! :)

PrincessLeppard
09-13-2010, 11:06 PM
Now Joe, on the other hand, it'd be hard for me to understand people not finding him hot (especially when he's shaved). Dude is freaking beautiful! And even taller than Alex!

Joe doesn't do it for me--I just don't like that hairy, well-built type of guy attractive.

But I'll take good care of Alex. :grope: