PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

screech
07-03-2009, 02:32 AM
They better not try to hook Eric up with Lafayette. :mad: Lafayette can hook up with Eggs if he's looking for a hot new man.

Spoilery... info from books and an interview
In the books we learn that Eric has been with men - Eric was 'made' by a man who was interested in men, so Eric had to have sex with him (as a 'maker' can't be disobeyed) and he says he learned to like even that. So if they go by the books, Eric is somewhat bisexual, though his preference is women.

In an spoilers before the season started it was stated that Eric was going to have a homoerotic encounter with a (nameless) character. I've also read in an interview that Lafayette will be drinking Eric's blood next week, and that apparently it comes across rather sexual on screen (though Nelsan Ellis - Lafayette says that when he was filming he was just thinking that he hated Eric). So we'll see. Also, Eric has been a bit flirty with Lafayette so far.

I think they're going to end up building up for an Eric/Sookie pairing eventually, if they go by the books, so a Lafayette encounter could potentially spoil that. However, they might just do it for the heck of it.

In any case, I'll take my naked/semi-naked/sexual Eric any way I can get him. And if it happens to be in a way that brings the sassiness back to Lafayette, then I won't complain about that either.

rfisher
07-03-2009, 02:42 AM
In any case, I'll take my naked/semi-naked/sexual Eric any way I can get him. And if it happens to be in a way that brings the sassiness back to Lafayette, then I won't complain about that either.

Yes, but my fantasy needs to picture Eric with me. Sookie is closer to me than Lafayette. :lol:

jen_faith
07-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Somewhere out there I read that Alan Ball is saying that some spoilers on the web are incorrect (shocker, I know). Maybe this is the case with the supposed upcoming homoerotic encounter between Lafayette and Eric. However, given this particular spoiler is supposed to have originated with the actor that plays Lafayette, I have my doubts that it is an untrue one.

I am not opposed to homoerotic encounters per se on tv nor do I particularly mind Alan Ball's deviations from the books. In this particular case, however, I am just not happy. It strays too far from the main thread running through all the books: the eventual Eric/Sookie relationship . However, in Club Dead (book 3 I think) Eric does go off and hook up with a male vampire at the King of Mississippi's mansion so there is precedent, I guess. Still, in the books, Eric is almost relentlessly heterosexual in his pursuit of Sookie

:oI feel like such a geek knowing this much detail about such a cheezy series... oh well, summer fluff, I guess

Yes, but my fantasy needs to picture Eric with me. Sookie is closer to me than Lafayette. :lol:

rfisher
07-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Somewhere out there I read that Alan Ball is saying that some spoilers on the web are incorrect (shocker, I know). Maybe this is the case with the supposed upcoming homoerotic encounter between Lafayette and Eric. However, given this particular spoiler is supposed to have originated with the actor that plays Lafayette, I have my doubts that it is an untrue one.

I am not opposed to homoerotic encounters per se on tv nor do I particularly mind Alan Ball's deviations from the books. In this particular case, however, I am just not happy. It strays too far from the main thread running through all the books: the eventual Eric/Sookie relationship . However, in Club Dead (book 3) Eric does go off and hook up with a male vampire at the King of Mississippi's mansion so there is precedent, I guess. Still, in the books, Eric is almost relentlessly heterosexual in his pursuit of Sookie

:oI feel like such a geek knowing this much detail about such a cheezy series... oh well, summer fluff, I guess

Yes. And in the books it was acknowledged that Eric was made by a male vamp but the focus was on he and Sookie. All that was off screen as it were. It would completely change the dynamics of the relationship for it to be on screen. IIRC, the incident in MS was not sexual. The King of MS is homosexual but has a human consort. Now, I'm going to have to reread that book. It was one of my favorites. I'm still :wuzrobbed we're not going to have Bubba.

jen_faith
07-03-2009, 01:06 PM
When Eric/Leif is in the King of MS mansion, after Sookie has been staked and more or less healed (and after she and Eric have a close encounter spoiled by Bubba...wheeeee), they decide they have to go get a car with a big trunk to stash the rescued Bill in. Eric says the only way for Eric to get back into the mansion compound is take take the short homosexual vampire up on his offer to "share his coffin" for the night. Eric later returns to Sookie with something that looks like a hickey on his neck.

I told you I was a geek :o

IIRC, the incident in MS was not sexual. The King of MS is homosexual but has a human consort. Now, I'm going to have to reread that book. It was one of my favorites. I'm still :wuzrobbed we're not going to have Bubba.

jen_faith
07-03-2009, 03:36 PM
For those who can't resist being completely and utterly spoiled for the season, episode synopses are available here (http://tv.ign.com/objects/143/14306881.html) . I think the synopsis for the finale is missing, however, rumour has it that Charlaine Harris (the author of the book series) has a cameo role in the last episode.

rfisher
07-03-2009, 03:57 PM
When Eric/Leif is in the King of MS mansion, after Sookie has been staked and more or less healed (and after she and Eric have a close encounter spoiled by Bubba...wheeeee), they decide they have to go get a car with a big trunk to stash the rescued Bill in. Eric says the only way for Eric to get back into the mansion compound is take take the short homosexual vampire up on his offer to "share his coffin" for the night. Eric later returns to Sookie with something that looks like a hickey on his neck.

I told you I was a geek :o

:lol: He sacrificed himself for the greater good.

jen_faith
07-03-2009, 04:48 PM
:lol: He sacrificed himself for the greater good.

Yeah, it seems he's a sucker (ha ha) for a pretty face!

Anyway, I think some of the viral marketing (http://bloodcopy.com/?paged=1) for the show is fairly clever

screech
07-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Though I haven't seen it, one of the actresses (I think it's Deborah who plays Jessica) said in an interview that the True Blood drink (what the actors drink that's supposedly a delicious raspberry puree) is available to buy in some supermarkets. I so wish I could find some and try it!

rfisher
07-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Though I haven't seen it, one of the actresses (I think it's Deborah who plays Jessica) said in an interview that the True Blood drink (what the actors drink that's supposedly a delicious raspberry puree) is available to buy in some supermarkets. I so wish I could find some and try it!

OMG are you going to be a fake fangbanger? :lol: Will you ask for B+?

I wonder how much CH made selling the rights to HBO? I've been less than impressed with her non-Sookie books (although I always support a fellow Arkansan :cheer2: ) I find it highly amusing that she sold the Sookie rights and Janet Evanovich can't get a buyer for Plum.

screech
07-03-2009, 08:38 PM
I would so be a fangbanger if vampires were 'out of the coffin.' Especially if they looked like Eric and were polite like Bill. Mmmm. Yeah, I'd pretty much be Ginger (the Fangtasia human worker).

But according to the actors, the bottled drink is delicious and Deborah (Jessica) said it was hard to look like she was disgusted by it. Supposedly the 'real' blood is not quite as appetizing though (kinda opposite of the show!)

topaz
07-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Sneak Peek vids of Episode 4...
http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/07/true-blood-episode-204-shake-and_7867.html

topaz
07-09-2009, 10:54 PM
It has not been confirmed that that we will get an Eric/Sookie hook up. One of the writers on the show mentioned that IF, IF it happens it won't be this season. Also, the writer said personally she would like a Sam/Sookie/Bill triangle, which was hinted at last season.

I think we book readers need to let go and let it happen. AB has not given us any moments for Eric/Sookie to connect and they is for a reason I think. He's cut some big moments.

rfisher
07-10-2009, 12:40 AM
I'll still hope. They really didn't connect until the third book. I believe. I believe. I believe.

screech
07-10-2009, 05:11 AM
I read that when asked about a S/E pair up, Stephen Moyer acted a bit jealous. It's also been hinted at by I think Alan Ball that fans of both pairings will be pleased and will be upset, so I think if the show keeps getting picked up (still no confirmation for a season 3, though it's very probable) they'll do it.