PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

BigB08822
08-30-2010, 06:23 PM
There's a hot weretiger who may come around later. :grope:

I've always thought that the guy who played the crazy bald tatted vampire in season 1 would be a good person to play Quinn. Of course he would have to lose the tats and the "crazy" but as an actor I bet he could lose the crazy. Any ideas on good casting choices for Quinn? I guess they don't have to exactly follow the description from the book, Sam doesn't really match up.

Allen
08-30-2010, 06:37 PM
There's a hot weretiger who may come around later. :grope:

Strangely enough, I'm not that excited about Quinn popping up. I never liked him as much as a lot of other people seem to like him. My cousin, in fact, named her newest dog Quinn after him.

BigB08822
08-30-2010, 06:56 PM
Strangely enough, I'm not that excited about Quinn popping up. I never liked him as much as a lot of other people seem to like him. My cousin, in fact, named her newest dog Quinn after him.

Oh wow! LOL! I never cared much for his character. I just finished book 8 and maybe more happens in 9 and 10 but if not, I could care less. I felt like he could have easily just been left in as a minor character and not had to have been a romantic interest.

flutzilla1
08-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Oh wow! LOL! I never cared much for his character. I just finished book 8 and maybe more happens in 9 and 10 but if not, I could care less. I felt like he could have easily just been left in as a minor character and not had to have been a romantic interest.

Blech, I couldn't STAND Quinn with his "babe" this and "babe" that. Would not be remotely disappointed if they leave him off the show entirely.

screech
08-30-2010, 07:10 PM
I never cared much for Quinn either,except for getting to see how hilarious Jealous!Eric was - Quinn was never around! And he did indirectly lead Sookie and her vamps to almost be killed. I would have much rather had her hook up with Alcide - I mean, yeah, the guy did use her a bit, but he asked her to move in with him, and pretended to be engaged to her. Unfortunately, as he mentioned in book 10, despite his desire for them to get together it's not likely they'll end up together, what with his having packmaster duties. Which makes me wonder - he never wanted to have Were kids (a reason he broke up with Debbie in both the books and the show), but the packmaster's duty is to do some reproduction. Wonder how book Alcide's liking that gig? Gah, writing about Alcide (and knowing the issues that are yet to be broached with Eric), it's really leading me to believe Sookie will end up with Sam in the books. Especially with her always mentioning how she always feels so much better after discussing things with him - how she can't keep secrets from him, but she does keep some from Eric.

Oh, just a thought about yesterday's episode - Love Yvetta's comment about her being a cardiologist back home. But hmm, if I had a chance to be promised a 'job and good sex' with Eric, I'd probably drop the awesome job as well to take the perks of the stripper/dancer one.

rfisher
08-30-2010, 07:21 PM
I do think Sookie will either end up with Sam or Hadley's ex when CH finishes the books. She wants a family. The other alternative is being turned by Eric, and I just don't see CH ending the books that way.

screech
08-30-2010, 08:10 PM
CH has already said that Sookie will NOT become a vampire in the end. Unless she decides to live a life with Eric as long as she can, since they do love each other, or her fairy blood (along with regular doses of Eric's blood) helps her have a longer life. I don't think she'll be able to be with Remy, because he's human and she'd be constantly bombarded with his thoughts. And I also think Sookie would consider that a bit incestuous in a way. I do think she will be involved in Hunter's life though.

Charlaine has hinted that Eric wanting Sookie to become a vampire will be broached in the next book. He has already promised not to turn her, but he may say something like 'that was before we were married and discussed our feelings for each other.'

BigB08822
08-30-2010, 08:11 PM
The drama lover in me would love to see Sookie turned but that is way too predictable and isn't that how Twilight ends? It would feel like a cop out even if she did it the right way. I could definitely see her with Sam. I can't picture her with Hadley's ex but I have only read through book 8 and I must assume they have more interactions in book 9 and 10 or you wouldn't probably predict that.

Speaking of the books, I went to get book 9 and 10 at B&N and was upset that they had every book except for 9!! I almost went ahead and got 10 but figured there was no point if I couldn't read it yet. Ugh!

DBZ
08-31-2010, 02:04 AM
I really could have done without the whole Sam temper tantrum last night. Boring and waaaaaaaaaaay out of character for how they've written him thus far.

Word. Even the acting felt incredibly forced. It was as if Sam Trammell himself didn't believe in it enough to really commit himself to that scene. I really dislike how the writers seem to always equate "interesting" with "badass". Not every character has to be a jerk with a heart of gold to be a compelling character. I actually liked Sam as the everyman nice guy, trying to keep the peace amid an ocean of crazy locals and supernaturals. But instead of creatively weaving him into the main storyline to generate interest in his character, they concocted a contrived and boring "Sawyer-type" backstory.

In fact, that goes for Lafayette and Jason, both interesting characters with boring subplots that have almost nothing to do with the most interesting aspect of the show--vampires!

I don't care about Jason chasing after some high school Jock strung out on V or his werepanther :huh: girlfriend. I mean, who the hell cares?

And Lafayette's relationship with Jesus was interesting as a normal relationship, but now they're introducing all this voodoo/shaman stuff which is totally killing it IMO.

Maybe these are all crucial elements in the books, but frankly I think the initial premise of the show--vampires "coming out" into society and the social implications of that--was interesting enough without all the shapeshifters, maenads, witches, shamans, fairies, werewolves/panthers, etc.

CDANN1013
08-31-2010, 03:29 AM
CH has already said that Sookie will NOT become a vampire in the end. Unless she decides to live a life with Eric as long as she can, since they do love each other, or her fairy blood (along with regular doses of Eric's blood) helps her have a longer life. I don't think she'll be able to be with Remy, because he's human and she'd be constantly bombarded with his thoughts. And I also think Sookie would consider that a bit incestuous in a way. I do think she will be involved in Hunter's life though.

Charlaine has hinted that Eric wanting Sookie to become a vampire will be broached in the next book. He has already promised not to turn her, but he may say something like 'that was before we were married and discussed our feelings for each other.'

My theory on how the books will end Sookie's grandfather has some sort of spell that can only be used once to turn a vampire back into a human and he will use it on Eric.

Carol

screech
08-31-2010, 03:35 AM
My theory on how the books will end Sookie's grandfather has some sort of spell that can only be used once to turn a vampire back into a human and he will use it on Eric.

Carol

Good theory, but Eric loves being a vampire, and if he were turned into a human he'd probably become a serial killer or something, because he was a Viking as a human, then 1000 years as a vampire who has done a hell of a lot of killing, obstruction of justice, kidnapping, torturing, stealing, etc in his 'life'time. Unless it's just for once so they can procreate, but even then, Sookie would grow old and die.

Personally, I think Appius' comment to Sookie towards the end of Book 10 where he says "you won't keep Eric" is a bit of an omen. He meant it with regards to killing him I think, but I sadly believe their differences are too great.

But then again, in her Harper Connolly novels, the main character ends up with her stepbrother and marries him so we can't really say what Charlaine has in her head.

For all the ASkars fans, you'll love this! (http://www.celebitchy.com/114817/did_kate_bosworth_dump_alexander_skarsgard_because _he_wouldnt_marry_her/) Rumours are starting that Kate Bosworth dumped him because he wouldn't marry her. And that she couldn't deal with the drunken stripper/gay-ish video. And that she was cheating. And she didn't shadow him to the Emmys. Of course it's likely fake, since it says they haven't been seen together in months, whereas in reality she was just in Sweden with him (where rumours of a huge fight took place, along with talk from bystanders of lots of canoodling). What I want to know from the article is... where are these homoerotic (and heterosexual) nude sex-pictures of him that are supposedly all over the internet? Bah, if she dumped him it's probably because while on a date he tried to get her to order food or something.

ETA: Eric's hilariously perky ringtone - I have found out that the song is "Ain't We Got Fun." Here's a version with Doris Day singing it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2lwb6Zqoz8) Hee hee, Eric with Doris Day.

Desperado
08-31-2010, 04:47 PM
Bah, if she dumped him it's probably because while on a date he tried to get her to order food or something.
:rofl: Thanks - I really needed that laugh!!! And I want to find those pictures too.

Not sure what to think of the last ep. As many of you mentioned, it's pretty stupid planning on Eric's part not to have a human stake Russell and leaving Sookie drained is not making him shine either. Loved to see Tara/Sam and Hoyt/Jessica together though (wish we could've see more of them actually ;)) I was pleasantly surprised that Jim Parrack could bring the sexy.

Couldn't care less about anything else that happened and Russell is so much fun to watch, I find his soon demise to be pretty bitter sweet.

Allen
08-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Couldn't care less about anything else that happened and Russell is so much fun to watch, I find his soon demise to be pretty bitter sweet.

I'm sad to see Russell go. He's been one of the best villains I've ever seen on a tv show. If he doesn't win an emmy of some sort for the episode where he took over the newscast, then something is really wrong in the world.

screech
08-31-2010, 05:02 PM
I found the last episode just sped by, which is nice. But it did focus more on Russell and Eric, and Alex has really let his acting chops shine this season with his layered performance - many critics thought he was a huge snub at the Emmys, but to me he's really come into his own in season 3, so maybe he'll get some recognition at the Globes in January with a nomination. And Denis O'Hare damn well better be the John Lithgow of the next awards season, because he has been absolutely BRILLIANT! I mean, who else could make walking around with a dish full of your dead lover's remains begin to seem a bit normal?

I enjoyed many parts of the episode, the main storyline at least. All the stuff at Fangtasia/the museum was really well done. And of course, Jessica and Hoyt. I could do without the Sam, Jason and Tara stuff, but it was nice to see Andy's confession to her and how heartfelt it was. And Rutina looks great in that mens shirt she's been wearing. She should borrow clothes from Jason more often. It even pains me to say that I could do without all the Lala stuff. Scratch that - I love the Lala and his mom, but Jesus is just dull IMO and is messing him up a bit.

TB News:
Stephen is rumoured to be up for the part of Dr. Doom in the Fantastic Four remake. (http://movies.about.com/b/2010/08/31/will-stephen-moyer-star-in-fantastic-four-reboot.htm) It was reported the part had been offered to him, but at the Emmys he said he hadn't heard about it, but he'd 'maybe' consider it if offered.

Anna and Stephen at the airport en route to their belated honeymoon. (http://celebrity-gossip.net/anna-paquin/anna-paquin-stephen-moyers-belated-honeymoon-405624)

If still together, the old saying 'while the cat's away the mice will play' doesn't apply to Alex. (http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/08/31/2010-08-31_emmy_winners_and_losers_like_claire_danes_tina_ fey_hit_the_hopping_afterparties.html) At the Emmys parties he was apparently constantly approached by women, but he behaved, turning down the attentions and instead hung around with male friends and Anna and Stephen. Kind of seems to refute the break up rumour, because you'd think he'd be all for rebound sex, considering he's thought to be a bit of a 'playboy'.

Satellitegirl
09-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Just read "Watch With Kristin" on E!'s site, and spoilers said Supposedly Sam's jerkish ways are going to last into season 4...ugh. And also Russell may not die in the finale....I think she's go that one wrong though personally...