PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

screech
08-23-2010, 04:21 AM
I thought it was Russell and Eric drinking from Sookie in the picture?

You're right. That scene in that picture must pertain to the spoiler for the finale that says that Eric struggles with his conscience in his quest for revenge.

flutzilla1
08-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Bill didn't annoy me nearly as much in this episode as he has in previous ones. Maybe because I am sensing he is on his way out of Sookie's good graces (FINALLY).

Loved Jason throwing him out of his house. It was the first intelligent thing he'd done the whole episode.

I loved the Eric/Sookie kiss (I yelled 'it's about time'! at my TV) but I don't like what he did at the end. Then again this behavior could be a reflection of the 'heavy handedness' he shows in the books that Sookie is always complaining about. Whatever, as long as it gets us more Sookie and Eric I don't care.

Am I the only one who likes Tommy being on the show? He's sort of like a bizzaro-world version of Sam, and I think his presence is why we might be seeing Sam recollecting some of the not so nice things he's done in his past. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who sort of wanted to see a Tommy/Jessica pairing, even if it was brief, to see her have her more 'dark' side embraced by someone. They seemed to have more chemistry this episode than she and Hoyt did, at least to me.

Sure hope they don't eff the next season up. If someone else besides Eric has memory problems I am going to be peeeeesed (I'm pronouncing it Sookie-style). ;)

screech
08-23-2010, 05:12 PM
but I don't like what he did at the end. Then again this behavior could be a reflection of the 'heavy handedness' he shows in the books that Sookie is always complaining about. Whatever, as long as it gets us more Sookie and Eric I don't care.
I think Pam mentioning Godric to Eric caused it. I really wish Eric would have actually said to Sookie, "Shut up and listen. Remember when I tried whatever I could to get Godric to stay undead instead of dead, dead? Well Pam is doing the same to me, because like Godric, I'm also a freaking awesome and lovable maker, unlike Bill, and without the help of your magical blood, I'll be vampire dust. You and I both know that I won't let you die, because I haven't f*cked you yet, but I need your help, mmmkay? And I have I ever told you that that collar chain is absolutely ravishing on you? Let's kiss again. In memory of Godric."

PrincessLeppard
08-23-2010, 05:42 PM
:rofl: That would be awesome. And also more in line with Eric in the books. There's one scene (in book 5? the werewolves changing leaders one) where Eric says something about Alcide using Sookie, and she said, "well, so do you," and he says something like, "yes, but I'm up front about it."

topaz
08-23-2010, 06:09 PM
I enjoyed the episode last night too.

Flutzilla... I'm completely there with you, especially about Jason kicking Bill's arse out. I wished Jason would have kicked the door shut and then did a karate chop afterwards.. ala A Low Down Dirty Shame.

I noticed that Eric and Sookie's kiss had a different music compared to Bill and Sookie's hook ups.

Pam was incredible last night, I love their relationship.

Interesting that Sookie's "Ewww" and Eric saying how she does care about him, yet Sookie's first question was asking about where's going and later on his "goodbye" kiss.

Autumm_wind
08-23-2010, 06:48 PM
Just for the fun of it, I just found this photoshopped version of the cover (http://www.inquisitr.com/82423/true-blood-rolling-stone-cover/). Basically, they pasted Stephen's torso on Anna's leg-raised body and smushed it closer to Alex's. It's all kinds of bloody hotness.

Kinda late, but this shopped version gives less vibe of being touched than the original. :lol:

And Eric's expression is more fitting here. ;)

BigB08822
08-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Good episode, I do wonder if Eric is protecting Sookie or just preparing to use her. Probably a bit of both.

I hate that Calvin is so darn mean, in the book he is as nice as can be. The show keeps my interest with Lafayette since he isn't around in the books, at least I am clueless with his storylines and it keeps me wondering.

They better go with the amnesia storyling next season, if they skip that or give the amnesia to Bill then I will be really upset. I want to see that play out!

screech
08-23-2010, 07:54 PM
They better go with the amnesia storyling next season, if they skip that or give the amnesia to Bill then I will be really upset. I want to see that play out!

It will be Eric. At Comic Con, Alan Ball said that 'someone won't know who they are, and someone who hated them will end up feeling differently' or something like that. Pretty clear (IMO) that it will be Eric and Sookie.

In some awesome news, Anna, Stephen and Alex will be presenters at the Emmy awards on Sunday (http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/08/23/true-blood-emmys/). First major appearance of the newlyweds, plus ASkars in a suit? Yay! Wonder if Alex will be wearing Hickey Freeman, since he's their 'face' now. And pleeeease, leave the Stage 5 Clinger at home.

Speaking of the newlyweds, there are some paparazzi photos from their wedding circulating the internet (http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/08/22/anna-paquin-wedding-pictures-stephen-moyer/). I don't love her dress, but he looks dapper. There's also a report that she wore 50 carats of Neil Lane diamonds around her neck (http://www.trueblood-news.com/anna-paquins-wedding-bling) at the wedding. Wow!!

DBZ
08-23-2010, 08:47 PM
All I want to say is Rutina Wesley deserves an emmy nod for her performance this season. The emotional weight she's given to Tara, especially this season, has been stellar.

I'm also happy the show finally revisited her love for Jason, if only briefly. Now that Jason has confessed, I doubt they'll be together anytime soon, but at least he's aware now and, by the looks of it, he was enjoying that kiss too.

Sam is still way too separate from everyone else (and boring), and it was weird to see him in a suit.

I agree, and I like Sam a lot. But his backstory is a total snoozefest. I just wish the show would drop that, and integrate him back into the Vampire storyline again. Hell, hook him up with Bill or something. Anything would be better than watching flashback scenes of characters I don't know or care about.

Bostonfan
08-24-2010, 01:26 AM
All I want to say is Rutina Wesley deserves an emmy nod for her performance this season. The emotional weight she's given to Tara, especially this season, has been stellar.

Wow, different strokes I guess. To me, she's like nails on a chalkboard. Her acting is so labored and over the top, that I physically cringe when she's on the screen.

Satellitegirl
08-24-2010, 01:58 AM
I just don't like they part that has been written for Tara this season. It's boring but in a very overactive annoying way. No depth to her situation. She's just distraught about Eggs, and everything makes her jumpy and weepy. I do think her chin quiver was a bit overdone though.

BigB08822
08-24-2010, 02:43 AM
One person who I think is deserving of nominations is the actress who plays Tara's mom. I thought she was great in the earlier seasons but she hasn't had much screen time this season.

DBZ
08-24-2010, 03:27 AM
Her acting is so labored and over the top, that I physically cringe when she's on the screen.

Really? She's one of the least over-actors on the show I think. Different strokes indeed. :)

No depth to her situation. She's just distraught about Eggs, and everything makes her jumpy and weepy.

No depth? Getting kidnapped and raped has no emotional depth in terms of storyline? And wouldn't you be jumpy and weepy if you went through her experiences?

I disagree she's only distraught about Eggs--she's distraught about her entire life. The girl has been chewed up and spit out time and time again, and Eggs (and now the ordeal with Franklin) was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

I also think the chin quiver is very effective and authentic. Most people don't cry silent, doe-eyed tears like Paquin does when they're in a highly emotional state of mind. Chins quiver, voices shake, noses run, eyes twitch...authentic crying is not always a pretty picture, and I think Rutina captures that wonderfully without it being an intrusive distraction.

But, again, different strokes.

screech
08-24-2010, 04:28 AM
My opinion on Rutina is that she tries too hard to act with her face. Her lip trembling and chin quivers look way too fake to me and way too over the top.

When she gets angry and yells, to me she tries too hard to make her voice trembly, but during other scenes, when she's being badass or soft, I find her enjoyable.

To me the most stellar actor on the show right now is Denis O'Hare (Russell) and he is the absolute most deserving of an award, though Alfre Woodard is doing really well as 'Lala's' mom (guest nod for next year?)

I also think that Anna Paquin has stepped up her game this year. Her more emotional scenes have been done really brilliantly this year, like when Bill broke up with her (though I giggled at her innocently crying 'I don't have any balls' to Alcide), and when she broke up with Bill. She is much more tolerable this year (especially when not in a 'we're in a relationship' scene with Bill). ASkars has also stepped up his game this year, allowing the different facets of Eric's personality to shine through - angry, lusty, vulnerable, regretful, loving, scared, playful... I really do think that they're going to push him for a supporting actor nod next year, and he may actually have a slim chance of being considered for a nomination. Nelsan Ellis (Lala) usually does a great job, but I find that I'm not enjoying his performance quite as much this year as I have the last two.

For the most part though, despite how enjoyable the show often is, the acting isn't really that stellar in a lot of cases.

A season finale spoiler bit from E!Online from an interview Kristen did with Denis "Sookie is very mean to me…Eric is very mean to me…and I cry tears of joy." He also said the finale was his most challenging work yet.
My guess is they gang up to defeat him, and Russell is happy to die in the end because it means he'll be reunited with Talbot. But his comment of 'yet' makes me wonder. Does he mean 'yet' on the show, or 'yet' in his career?

In peppier news, an auction is going on to win an autographed portrait of ASkars. (http://truebloodnet.com/win-original-signed-kristin-bauer-van-straten-sketch-alexander-skarsgard/) It's not just any picture though - it's hand-drawn by Pam herself - Kristin Bauer van Straten, and signed by both Kristin and Alex. The money raised will be going to The Amanda Foundation, which is a pet rescue organization.
Kristin is actually an accomplished artist, and her work can be seen on her website (http://www.kristinbauer.com/Kristin/art/art.html).

Pictures of Anna wearing her new bling. (http://www.trueblood-online.com/cast-crew/anna-paquin/anna-paquin-steps-out-in-santa-monica-with-her-new-ring/) And Stephen was wearing his new wedding ring while skateboarding.
(http://www.trueblood-online.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Stephen+Moyer+Anna+Mary+Paquin+Shop+Santa+7j9hxP9j rsdl.jpg)
ETA: Regarding Alex's charity birthday auctions which I mentioned in a previous post, some info has come out on other items to be donated (http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2010/08/23/alexander-skarsgard-charity-auction/) (Alex himself is donating 9 of his own personal items). Included in the items are a painting (that weirdly looks quite a bit like a blond Jake Gyllenhaal), a copy of Dead in the Family autographed by Charlaine Harris, exact replicas of viking flashback jewellery from the show, AND, Alex's personal copy (including notes on his scenes) for season 3 episode 'Night on the Sun', aka Naked almost sex/staking Talbot. Would be kind of fun to see his personal notes on that scene.

Satellitegirl
08-24-2010, 01:22 PM
DBZ....the first time she slept with Franklin was on her own....did they show them sleeping together any after that or imply rape? I don't remember that.