PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

topaz
08-20-2010, 05:47 AM
I just began reading Definitely Dead. The first chapter mentions Hadley's murder and how she was apparently a vampire and the Queen of Louisiana brought her murderer to Sookie for judgement? Ummm, was I sleeping through part of Dead As a Doornail because I am not recalling ANY of this. Was this just thrown in there to further whatever plot this book has? If so, very weak writing...

I actually thought I must have grabbed the wrong book and skipped one but I checked the order online and I am going in order...

I dont' recall that. Sookie is summoned to New Orleans by the queen via her lawyer but its mostly to get Hadley's things in order. Sookie finds out Hadley was turned and other tidbits about her cousin in this book.

Read the end of the book 5, last chapter, it will come back to you. Hold on to your hat, in this book "all things that are done in the dark, come to life". The differences between Bill and Eric personality and how they behave is like night and day in this book.

Orable
08-20-2010, 06:53 AM
Just 3 days until the next episode!!!! So sad to realize there's only 3 until the season is done.
Do you know what day the season finale is?

I just began reading Definitely Dead. The first chapter mentions Hadley's murder ...I actually thought I must have grabbed the wrong book and skipped one but I checked the order online and I am going in order...
The exact same thing happened to me. I think that was one of the worst editorial decisions ever in the series. I actually stopped reading the book and went through the couple before it again to see if I'd missed it. It was SO stupid that she refers to events that happen in a short story, as though the reader already has intimate knowledge of them. So lazy :blah:

rfisher
08-20-2010, 11:02 AM

The exact same thing happened to me. I think that was one of the worst editorial decisions ever in the series. I actually stopped reading the book and went through the couple before it again to see if I'd missed it. It was SO stupid that she refers to events that happen in a short story, as though the reader already has intimate knowledge of them. So lazy :blah:

This is actually fairly common in some series. Evanovich did it in Plum with her between the numbers novellas, JD Robb has several Eve Dallas short stories and so do a lot of other series authors. I think the publisher assumes the author's fans will read the short stories since they are published between the main novels. :lol:

screech
08-20-2010, 05:15 PM

According to IMDB, episode 11 airs next week (during the Emmys, dammit!), followed by a TWO WEEK BREAK! TORTURE! The finale airs on September 12.

As for the short stories, the only one that irritates me is One Word Answer (the Hadley one) because it is such a major plot point. None of the other ones really have anything to do with the actual stories (except for the in passing allusion to The Gift in book 10). Most people I know who read the books were really confused when reading book 6 because it seemed like something was really missing.

There's a paparazzi video of the filming of a scene from the finale. (http://skarsgardnews.com/?p=7937) Not much exciting - Stephen and Alex standing around waiting (Alex looks very focused).

Rolling Stone has also published a picture from an upcoming episode (http://www.trueblood-news.com/spoiler-pic-from-rolling-stone). Yikes!

screech
08-21-2010, 01:40 AM
Just an update on The Battle of the Fang (Team Bill vs Team Eric). For some reason unbeknownst to me, Bill has been the frontrunner! Since about episode 3, Team Bill has been ahead, but as of today, Eric has just squeaked into the lead.

Team Bill: $12,794
Team Eric: $12,905

I am in awe of the amount of money that has been raised for charity in the past 2 months. The money for Team Bill is going to help with the Gulf Coast, and the money for Team Eric is going to childrens charities. The winning team gets to design a T-Shirt for the loser to have to wear, so if Bill wins, Alexander may have to wear a t-shirt that says something like 'Bill's Bitch' and if Eric Wins, maybe Stephen will wear 'Mrs. Skarsgard'. Pictures will be taken and names (from those who donated money) will be drawn to win the actual T-shirts (signed by the actors).

Stephen is trying to sweeten the deal by donating some items. (http://www.trueblood-news.com/give-aways-from-stephen-moyer-for-battle-of-the-fang) Included in the items list:
- Season 1 DVD (signed by the cast)
- Season 2 DVD (signed by the cast)
- Stephen's personal copy of the Season 3 Finale script, signed by him and the cast (this one will be auctioned off separately over Ebay)
- aaaand.... A COCK SOCK! (to be auctioned on Ebay... no word on whether its been used)

Alex has also added some items... (http://askarsgard.com/?p=15108) to be auctioned on ebay: two of his personal scripts, signed by him and including his own personal notes for his scenes. The episodes are 3x03 "It Hurts Me Too" ("I've got your rug all wet" werewolf fight, giving Lafayette the Porsche) and 3x06 "I Got a Right to Sing the Blues" (Eric and Russell meet up with QSA after Eric screams at Sookie that she means nothing to him).

The rep at the site of the Alex-focused side of the battle recently spoke to him

I filled him in on some of the t-shirt ideas the other team is scheming to put him in…he scoffed knowing full well which vampire/guy had the better fans…
Eric Northman / Alexander Skarsgard of course!!!
She also added how proud he is of the money raised

The battle runs only until the season finale, where we'll see which team reigns supreme (personally I have no idea how come so many people adore Bill, but that's just me). Go Team Eric!!

Bill-focused BotF site (http://www.trueblood-news.com/battle-of-the-fang-a-looziana-grudge-match)
Eric focused BotF site (http://askarsgard.com/?p=13520)
Both sites include info on the charities and how to donate

SOS Childrens Villages (Alex's charity) has actually also set up their own page focused on the battle. (https://help.sos-usa.org/sslpage.aspx?pid=234) They also kind of cutely have a link to send Alex a message to wish him a happy 34th birthday on August 25th. (http://support.sos-usa.org/site/Survey?ACTION_REQUIRED=URI_ACTION_USER_REQUESTS&SURVEY_ID=2181)

Amy L
08-22-2010, 04:42 AM
Anna and Stephen got married today. (http://www.usmagazine.com/healthylifestyle/news/anna-paquin-and-stephen-moyer-get-married-2010218)

screech
08-22-2010, 06:26 AM
You beat me!

Congratulations to the couple. Hope they are able to enjoy some privacy on their honeymoon before Anna starts publicity for The Romantics (opening September 10).

And Alan Ball, they're married off the show... so you can keep them apart now on TB!!

rfisher
08-23-2010, 02:22 AM
I love you Sooookie; your heart, your mind, your soul. :blah:

Jessica rules, but she should bite Tommy the Jerk.

I can't believe what they're doing with Calvin. That's disappointing.

Eric dreams :swoon:

rfisher
08-23-2010, 02:50 AM
Well, didn't they give Sam a tortured past.

Satellitegirl
08-23-2010, 02:59 AM
Loved tonight's episode. The scene with Jason and Bill had me dying laughing. Great stuff.

Loved the Eric and Sookie scenes, and I'm glad to see some affection from Eric for Sookie :) Gives me hope!! For later seasons at least.

rfisher
08-23-2010, 03:02 AM
I love the music selections at the end of the show. :lol:

Mama.

Finally, some Eric connection.

SkateSkates
08-23-2010, 03:06 AM
Great Episode!
I can't wait for next week, but I'm sad there are only two episodes left :(

PrincessLeppard
08-23-2010, 03:11 AM
I was hoping Jessica would throw Tommy right out of the show. Alas, he appears to still be with us.

"Sookie is mine." We need to drink every time that line gets said. Or remove a digit from the writer. Either one.

Why does Eric Northman never appear at the end of my couch? Life is so unfair. (Random whine: The True Blood calender only has one picture of Eric. I suspect my calender will always be open to March....)

screech
08-23-2010, 04:03 AM
In a weird way I kind of love that Eric force-kissed Sookie (before she got into it) because that's how a lot of them happen in the book (though she can never resist).

Will Bill just FINALLY confess to Sookie already? And did anyone else notice that Eric specifically said to bill "Sophie-Anne didn't tell you why she sent you to Sookie?" Finally! And I wanted to smack Sookie upside the head. She questions whether Bill's love for her is based on her blood, but still hasn't questioned the fact that she had his blood almost immediately after meeting him? And love that Dream Eric informed Sookie that it's more than the blood that attracts her to him. And hee hee at Bill calling Eric Russell's 'butt boy.' Rowr!

And he sooooo totally Lafayette-chained Sookie for her own protection. They're finally making some headway (hee hee, the way to get what you want from Sookie is to be helpless) - he wouldn't torture her. And love his yelling at Yvetta, and especially how they subtitled 'gold-digging whore' even though he said it in English. Eric, I'll take a promise of a job and good sex... I won't go into it with a desire for your buttloads of money or farms. Anyone wondering if that lawyer was Mr. Cataliades? And is TB Pam French instead of British (based on the last name?) And how gorgeous was that deep purple-ish shirt on him?

Anyone else not like the V-trip? Went on way too long and was way too remniscent (at first) of season 1 Jason.

Loved Sookie's reaction to finding out she's a fairy. Hee.

Sam is still way too separate from everyone else (and boring), and it was weird to see him in a suit. LOVE Terry and his awesomeness (boo Arlene). Glad they didn't drag out a 'what is Holly' storyline. AWESOME to see Steve Newlin again. Tommy was a lot less annoying tonight.

That panther was GORGEOUS! Wonder what Jason's reaction is going to be. Speaking of Jason, I enjoyed his bits with Tara (though I kept yelling 'noooo, don't kiss!' because of her former love for him) and love that he confessed to her (and Sookie).

YAY Hoyt and Jessica! Anyone else wondering who vandalized Casa de Vamp? Summer, maybe?

The fauxTalbot really did look like him. And nice to see Theo Alexander (real Talbot) in that brief bit when Russel snuggled up to the corpse.

And good job, Nan, with spinning Russell's newscast. And quite validly too.

Just 2 more episodes... my prediction for the main storyline:
Sookie will allow both Bill and Eric to drink her magic blood so they can survive briefly in the daytime (hence the pictures from a few months ago of ASkars on set for the finale with smoke tubes attached to him) so they can work together to defeat Russell.

Satellitegirl
08-23-2010, 04:12 AM
I thought it was Russell and Eric drinking from Sookie in the picture?