PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Orable
08-11-2010, 03:33 PM
I think TB-verse collapsed Book-verse's Mickey and Franklin Mott. TV Franklin's personality, pov and history isn't what it is in the book.

Jessica's a creation of TB - she's not in the books at all. One of the best "innovations" that AB had, imo :cheer:

topaz
08-11-2010, 05:29 PM
I think TB-verse collapsed Book-verse's Mickey and Franklin Mott. TV Franklin's personality, pov and history isn't what it is in the book.

Jessica's a creation of TB - she's not in the books at all. One of the best "innovations" that AB had, imo :cheer:

I agree with you about Franklin Mott. I absolutely love this character. He's interesting. I would love the background on Franklin's character, age, when he was turned, why he's a little off. Franklin's lost to the show is gonna be felt by fans. I don't know anyone who doesn't look forward to his scenes in the show.

I don't think reading the books spoil the show, if you can separate the two and enjoy each on their own. Ball has put in little tidbits that only book readers would understand and know.

screech
08-11-2010, 06:44 PM
I agree with you about Franklin Mott. I absolutely love this character. He's interesting. I would love the background on Franklin's character, age, when he was turned, why he's a little off. Franklin's lost to the show is gonna be felt by fans. I don't know anyone who doesn't look forward to his scenes in the show.
At Comic Con, Alan said that they weren't exploring why Franklin is so... kooky, but that his oddness would continue.

I too kind of see the combination of Franklin/Mickey in him - starts off kind of charming a la Franklin, then turns into quite possessive a la Franklin.

I adore him and would love a show of him, Lafayette, Pam, Eric and Jessica enthralling the vermin at Fangtasia.

rfisher
08-11-2010, 07:24 PM
OK. The vote is in. Sookie and Beeelllll out. Everybody else in.

Orable
08-11-2010, 11:02 PM
James Frain as Franklin and Denis O'Hare as Russell have really made this season for me. They are both tremendous actors and manage to pull out all the characteristics that make vampires intriguing to me - possessiveness, power, extreme emotions, arrogance, seduction of "prey" and an odd connection to whoever they used to be when they were human - in the scariest way. I want Emmys for both of them! :mitchell:

BTW, I've come to terms that the book's Sookie-Eric relationship will probably never materialize in TB, and since the show can be a stand alone from the books, I suppose I don't mind. But I do want GOOD character development for each of the characters, including Eric and Sookie. I agree with those of you upthread who complain that AB is writing her too dumb. "Bookie" (TM someone way wittier than I) is not a university educated gal, but she has got street smarts, protects her heart and is tough as nails. And her strength is often revealed when she interacts with Supes in general, and with the Supes who screw her over in particular. I'd like to see more of that in TB.

screech
08-12-2010, 04:13 AM
Alan has said that at points both Eric and Bill fans would be happy, and said that in season 4 'someone will forget who they are, and someone who used to hate them won't hate them anymore' so it seems they will at least explore amnesiac Eric/Sookie.

Even if I had never read the books, I personally would find it hard to get behind Bill/Sookie because I don't think they write the character of Bill to be overly likeable. Aside from being a 'Southern Gentleman', he has nothing going for him IMO. As much as I love Eric, at this point on the show (if I'd never read the books) I'd be completely Team Alcide - the chemistry between Sookie and him is amazing. Heck, for Eric I'm almost on Team Yvetta at this point. At least she appreciates him and his marathon sex sessions.

CDANN1013
08-12-2010, 01:58 PM
At least she appreciates him and his marathon sex sessions.

I think any woman would appreciate that with Eric.

flutzilla1
08-13-2010, 08:22 PM
It's funny -- I just finished watching all the 'Trubies and Newbies' on HBO On Demand, and I have had to admit to myself that I just adore Stephen Moyer. His personality, mannerisms and accent are adorable and he makes me smile every time I see him interviewed on TV. I'm not sure how I can like him so much when I so, so despise the character he plays on TB....

screech
08-13-2010, 11:21 PM
It's funny -- I just finished watching all the 'Trubies and Newbies' on HBO On Demand, and I have had to admit to myself that I just adore Stephen Moyer. His personality, mannerisms and accent are adorable and he makes me smile every time I see him interviewed on TV. I'm not sure how I can like him so much when I so, so despise the character he plays on TB....

ITA. My sister has never read the books but every time Bill is mentioned when we discuss the show she just groans and complains about him. When I try to convince her how adorable and charming Stephen is she just goes 'no.' She won't even pretend to accept that the actor is so likeable. She's kind of the same way with Anna Paquin (though she and I both agree with George Lopez, that our favourite of her roles is as Freddie Prinze Jr's little sister in She's All That.)

In other news, there's a great new ASkars interview (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/7938942/Alexander-Skarsgard-interview-True-Blood-lust.html)... Papa Skarsgard even stops by!!! I love that he doesn't hide from his past - owns up to spending his teenage years getting drunk, talks about botox and plastic surgery, talks about his passionate love life in his 20s, and even addresses the Kate Bosworth rumours in the most direct manner we've seen since they started.

screech
08-15-2010, 06:55 AM
Some more TB news:

Kristin Bauer is quite an animal activist and her latest thing is an attempt to save chimpanzees. (http://www.trueblood-news.com/kristin-bauer-hopes-to-save-chimpanzees) 200 chimps are being sent to a Texas lab for experiments.

Some gorgeous outtake pictures of Deborah Ann Woll from Entertainment Weekly (http://www.trueblood-news.com/entertainment-weekly-outtakes-of-deborah-ann-woll).

Evan Rachel Wood is the spokes model for Gucci's new fragrance (http://justjared.buzznet.com/photo-gallery/2473095/evan-rachel-wood-gucci-guilty-ad-02/) (along with Chris Evans). She looks GORGEOUS!

Sam Trammell did a Funny or Die video. (http://www.trueblood-news.com/so-you-wanna-be-a-pizza-delivery-driver)

I can't remember if I posted this earlier, but Anna Paquin was incredibly charming on George Lopez (http://www.trueblood-news.com/anna-paquin-charms-george-lopez) last week.

The trailer for Anna's new movie The Romantics has been released. (http://www.trueblood-news.com/anna-paquins-the-romantics-trailer) The movie is set to be released on Sept 10. She stars with Katie Holmes, Josh Duhamel, Adam Brody, Elijah Wood, Dianna Agron, Malin Akerman...

And for the gossip... Alexander Skarsgard and Kate Bosworth were spotted at a music festival in Goteborg, Sweden yesterday. (http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/08/14/alexander-skarsgard-way-out-west-music-festival-with-kate-bosworth/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+justjared%2FTOvO+%28Just+Jare d%29) There is a video of them clapping and bobbing to the music, where for once Kate looks upset at the cameras. But it could be related to the reports (on other sites) of a fight at the festival which resulted in Kate telling Alex to "go f*ck yourself." (One report from another concertgoer says that it was in response to him telling her to get over herself when she was appalled at the lack of VIP treatment). She also apparently left him at a bar after telling him and his friends that she "can't do this anymore."
Alex is in Sweden (Trollhättan, not too far from Goteborg) filming Melancholia. Another movie of his, Puss, had an early premiere in Goteborg yesterday. I don't know whether or not he attended.

And in other Alex news, his next movie to film, Battleship, looks to be in rough shape (http://www.montrealgazette.com/entertainment/Costly+Battleship+sailing+rough+waters/3396503/story.html), despite filming not yet having started. It already has a budget exceeding $200 million, which is huge, considering none of its stars are major A-listers (Alex is their biggest name). Even before the budget woes, most movie critics and gossip sites were skeptical about the movie and its premise, not thinking it was a necessary movie or a money maker. In fact, 2 months ago the studio considered scrapping the project. Part of me is thinking Alex may (if possible) drop out of the project to film another project - he was recently attached to a more indie-sounding film about oil that he didn't know if he'd have time to film...

BigB08822
08-15-2010, 04:01 PM
I am now on book 4 and just loving the series! I went through book 3 in one day! I never read this much but now that I am in new territory and beyond where the television series is at, it is much more interesting and exciting!

Matryeshka
08-15-2010, 04:18 PM
In real life I think Stephen and Anna have great chemistry - they always look at each other so adoringly and seem to have really good banter, but I think it's more how they're writing Bill that makes it seem there's no chemistry. He's just so depressed and all emo. ).

I think in general, it's harder for RL couples to have chemistry on-screen. I would imagine it would be difficult to pretend an emotion you actually feel--I can see the actors just feeling silly. I'd also imagine it's hard to appear all lovey dovey when the other person did something that really made you #@$$#!!. Can you imagine Bill and Sookie being all melodramatic and Epic Love Fraught With Epic Issues:

Bill: Suuukeee...I love you, and because I love you, I have to let you go. It's over.
Sookie: Oh Bill...I'll never forget you...like the way you constantly forget to take out the trash.
AB & crew: huh? That's not in the script.
Bill: My love for you will last an eternity [slips into Brit accent]...just slightly shorter than you take in the bathroom every bloody morning.
AB & crew: CUT!!!!!!!!!!!

screech
08-15-2010, 08:40 PM
I think in general, it's harder for RL couples to have chemistry on-screen. I would imagine it would be difficult to pretend an emotion you actually feel--I can see the actors just feeling silly. I'd also imagine it's hard to appear all lovey dovey when the other person did something that really made you #@$$#!!. Can you imagine Bill and Sookie being all melodramatic and Epic Love Fraught With Epic Issues:

Bill: Suuukeee...I love you, and because I love you, I have to let you go. It's over.
Sookie: Oh Bill...I'll never forget you...like the way you constantly forget to take out the trash.
AB & crew: huh? That's not in the script.
Bill: My love for you will last an eternity [slips into Brit accent]...just slightly shorter than you take in the bathroom every bloody morning.
AB & crew: CUT!!!!!!!!!!!

Hee I love your lines. Makes me want to make a game and do some for all the characters. And makes me wonder if Alexander ever wants to mix things up when he does the translating from English to Swedish for his scenes (apparently he does actually do the translating). Like maybe instead of something like 'Pam, leave now...' he's tempted to say something really dirty... oh the possibilities.

As pervy as I feel watching them, I must say that I do sometimes find the Sookie/Bill sex scenes quite hot and full of chemistry... at least when it's not all romantic sappy sex. But I feel like a pervert watching them because I feel like I'm invading Anna and Stephen's bedroom when watching. So we know at least there's chemistry in that department...

SkateSkates
08-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Hee I love your lines. Makes me want to make a game and do some for all the characters. And makes me wonder if Alexander ever wants to mix things up when he does the translating from English to Swedish for his scenes (apparently he does actually do the translating). Like maybe instead of something like 'Pam, leave now...' he's tempted to say something really dirty... oh the possibilities.

As pervy as I feel watching them, I must say that I do sometimes find the Sookie/Bill sex scenes quite hot and full of chemistry... at least when it's not all romantic sappy sex. But I feel like a pervert watching them because I feel like I'm invading Anna and Stephen's bedroom when watching. So we know at least there's chemistry in that department...

I agree. I feel like I am invading their bedroom a lot, especially in the last episode at the very end.

PrincessLeppard
08-16-2010, 03:14 AM
Let's see: Bill in Fairyland. (weird) Eric being called "a little bitch." (hilarious) Jason shooting Franklin. (sad, but necessary). Russell with the urn of Talbot's blood. (hysterical) And the ending. (magnificent)

Excellent episode. :respec: