PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

rfisher
08-09-2010, 11:14 PM
I would! But with my luck, a brother/sister team would choose it. :scream:

Ick! Ick! Ick! Now, I'm picturing the Hubbles rubbing against each other like the opening credits. Maybe one of them could portray the dead possum.

screech
08-10-2010, 03:15 AM
This was a pretty good read - Theo Alexander (Talbot) talks about his gay sex scene with Alexander Skarsgard (http://www.movieline.com/2010/08/true-bloods-theo-alexander-on-his-gay-vampire-sex-scene.php?page=1) (though to me it looked like 'almost sex' - like Eric didn't quite thrust in before he, well, thrust the stake in. God, so many possible euphemisms.)

He comes off as adorable. He says he's going to make sure his mom gets an edited copy of the episode so she doesn't see that scene. He also says that as a straight man, it was pretty hard to gear up for the scene and that he and Alex were both pretty anxious that whole week, but were joking and being professional and that Alex helped him get beyond the physical aspect of the scene because he (Theo) couldn't get passed the kissing another guy thing.

I thought it was pretty neat to hear about how a straight man approaches a gay scene like that, giving an honest answer about it. Theo also talks about his friendship with Denis O'Hare (Russell) and how they hung out quite a bit and came up with their own thoughts about Talbot and Russell's history. Theo also said that he's planning for Talbot a ritual that will bring him back as a straight man who will get with Sookie. Him and Godric both, I hope.

There's also a good current Swedish interview with Alex (http://skarsgardnews.com/?p=7705). I tend to prefer these to the Hollywood ones, since they ask different questions. Some key bits
- he is hesitant to buy a place in LA (he's renting a house right now) because it makes it more 'permanent' and he doesn't know yet when he wants to move back home to Sweden
- Says he doesn't know much about Rihanna who will be his costar in Battleship
- Can't say much about Melancholia, except his character marries Kirsten Dunst's and they are very happy and in love... in the beginning. And no, Stellan doesn't play his father, he is his best man at the wedding.
- He and his brother Gustaf both have big parts in Puss (which opens in Sweden on August 20) but have no scenes together. It was also an issue to film because the director burnt out so there was a year hiatus in filming, during which Alex cut his hair for Straw Dogs. He had to go back to Sweden to film a bit while filming SD in Louisiana.
- On this interview day he had to do 16 voice recordings for TB to sync things up, over the phone while watching the scenes on a monitor in a sweltering studio... with no complaints.

BigB08822
08-10-2010, 03:50 AM
I finally began reading my books, I put the first book down after finishing the first Chapter and seriously thought about never picking it up again. It was so much like the first few episodes of the series that I was completely bored. I picked it back up again today and am glad I did, it is getting much better and beginning to veer from the series slowly but surely so I don't feel so bored. It is a quick and fun read. I just hope my enjoyment of the books don't ruin the show for me like it seems it has done for many of you.

Evilynn
08-10-2010, 11:33 AM
In the books Holly is a Wiccan (though that's not common knowledge) who helps Sookie out a bit with the big plotline in book 4. Show Holly doesn't exactly look like I expected, but oh well.

Wasn't she and Sookie supposed to be the same age? (I think they went to high school together in the books?)

Another thing that's odd is that I haven't been feeling a chemistry between Bill/Sookie. I felt it between Talbot/Eric, Eric/Sookie, Jesus/Lafayette, Jessica/Hoyt... but Bill/Sookie is lacking for me...

I keep wondering if part of that is because Moyer and Paquin are an item IRL...

rfisher
08-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Wasn't she and Sookie supposed to be the same age? (I think they went to high school together in the books?)

I keep wondering if part of that is because Moyer and Paquin are an item IRL...

:rofl: because they don't have it IRL? Maybe they should pay closer attention to the film and see what we see.

Desperado
08-10-2010, 12:35 PM
I enjoyed this week's ep. Sookie got a bit of her strength back and I liked seeing Bill showing Jessica how to fight. I had to ffwd the Sam and the Jason scenes though.

It was great seeing Eric stripping a little and almost naked (wish we could've seen that stabbing scene from the back or a better frontal however :D). I didn't think he would go for killing Talbot - wouldn't Russell figure it out pretty quickly unless maybe something was done to frame the Queen for it...

screech
08-10-2010, 05:21 PM
I think that Eric will either own up to it (vamps are all 'an eye for an eye...') or he'll come up with some kick ass excuse. If he doesn't stay on Russell's good side, he'd have to move, since he will have bitch slapped both of the royals of his area... unless he confesses his reasoning to QSA and she decides to keep him around.

In real life I think Stephen and Anna have great chemistry - they always look at each other so adoringly and seem to have really good banter, but I think it's more how they're writing Bill that makes it seem there's no chemistry. He's just so depressed and all emo. It's hard to see chemistry with someone who hates what they are. I think there's more chemistry with Alcide and Eric because they are so full of life and challenge Sookie and bring out emotions other than 'I love you. Save me. I'll save you.' Plus... it's Joe and Alex. As I've said before, Alex could make you believe he's having primal passionate sex with a brick, and Joe is just so smouldering that you can't help but see it.

I'm going to miss Talbot and his bitchy one-liners. Russell's gonna be pissed... unless Eric sleeps with him to make up for it. I'd forgive him pretty much anything if he had sex with me (but no stakes please).

SkateSkates
08-10-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm going to miss Talbot and his bitchy one-liners. Russell's gonna be pissed... unless Eric sleeps with him to make up for it. I'd forgive him pretty much anything if he had sex with me (but no stakes please).

I totally agree

rfisher
08-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Eric will just blackmail him for cutting off the magister's head. That can't be a good thing. They can do pretty much anything they want with the KoM as I don't recall him appearing in any other books.

And why is Alcide living in Jackson? He's supposed to be in Shreveport so he can be in all the subsequent books?

PrincessLeppard
08-10-2010, 11:18 PM
If the shower scene from Book Four is not in the series, I will whine. A lot.

screech
08-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Russell is in book 7 at least (he gets married at Rhodes) and he and Sookie have a cheeky friendly banter going on there. And hilariously Eric is ordained and officiates the wedding.

In the books, Alcide is based in Shreveport, but spends a lot of time in Jackson because of his family and business - he has an apartment (in a building owned by his father) in Jackson. I think he has a house in Shreveport in the books. But while he travels for business, Shreveport is his base, considering the whole packmaster debacles.

They will do whatever they want with Russell, but Denis O'Hare is getting rave reviews for his performance (and rightfully so). Since they have him married to QSA (who I hope we continually get to see more of) maybe we'll see lots of him... maybe he'll take the place of Andre?

I saw a spoiler for the finale where it says "Eric grapples with his conscience while plotting his perfect revenge against Russell." Seems killing Talbot wasn't enough revenge for Eric. Really, with 1000 years to deal with the death of his family, killing the vampire's child (in a pleasurable manner mind you) really doesn't seem like quite enough. But the 'grapples with his conscience' makes me think that some sort of arrangement is going to happen. Maybe Eric'll do something and then Russell will retaliate by sic-ing the witches on Eric, leading up to season 4...

I don't want to see Russell go because I really enjoy him. Nor do I want to see Franklin go. But Franklin is only in book 3 (Mickey takes over after that... but I can't see show Franklin passing Tara on to another vampire)... I hope they keep him around (considering Talbot only said he had to clean Franklin's brains off, not his decocmposed vamp body...)

The show has had some really great lines this season. OF course Talbot's are hilarious, but I also laughed at "They killed my Cooter" from Debbie, and Eric's "I enjoy a good head rolling as much as the next vampire..." Hee hee.

ETA... and I agree, there damn well better be a steamy shower scene that takes place shortly after Sookie walks in on his bare ass (though show Sookie has already seen it in action.) And please... PLEASE let him have the red speedo underwear!

DBZ
08-10-2010, 11:49 PM
Nor do I want to see Franklin go. But Franklin is only in book 3 (Mickey takes over after that... but I can't see show Franklin passing Tara on to another vampire)... I hope they keep him around (considering Talbot only said he had to clean Franklin's brains off, not his decocmposed vamp body...)

I'm confused. Are you saying Franklin is still "alive?"

Are vampires able to regenerate even after getting their brains smashed in that badly?

screech
08-10-2010, 11:59 PM
I'm pretty sure Franklin is still alive, since he didn't turn into vampire bloody goop. And I think Tara realized it too, when Sookie showed her what dead vampire looks like. AFAIK the only ways to kill a vampire in the Sookieverse is staking, chopping off their head, draining (and leaving them out to the sun) or exposure to sunlight. In the books, vampires can lose limbs but just re-grow them (painfully).

Also, in previews, we don't see who, but someone is holding Tara and she says something like 'if you're going to kill me, kill me'. My guess is its Franklin.

But IMO the lack of bloody vampire goop means that Franklin is 'alive'.

AliasJohnDoe
08-11-2010, 12:42 AM
I'm confused. Are you saying Franklin is still "alive?"

Are vampires able to regenerate even after getting their brains smashed in that badly?

I was thinking Franklin was alive after Tara had the shower sex dream about him.

Do they stop having the sex dreams if the vampire is dead?

PS: I didn't read the books. Not sure if I want to untill the series is done.
I never know what's coming week to week. I like it that way.
But I'd be devasted if they ever killed off baby vampire Jessica. Love her.
I was pizzed Bill didn't at least check on her before jumping Sookie.

rfisher
08-11-2010, 12:46 AM
I was thinking Franklin was alive after Tara had the shower sex dream about him.

Do they stop having the sex dreams if the vampire is dead?

(I didn't read the books. Not sure if I want to untill the series is done.)

At this point, there is considerable deviation between the books and the show. :lol: Tara is a relatively minor character in the books and becomes more so as the books progress. We never know her POV so we don't know if she had sex dreams or not. She only dated one psycho vamp and he doesn't last long.