PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Octoberopals
08-04-2010, 07:32 AM
Sookie seems to have become quite a "screamer" lately......the new Scream Queen. Not too cool.

screech
08-04-2010, 07:26 PM
I really hope her scream was related to Bill and not to freaking out over her fairyland dream or whatever. But this is Sookie we're talking about here. She'll probably say she was willingly going to give Bill however much of her blood he needed and she luuuuurves him so she's just happy he's 'alive' and then somehow blame everything on Eric.

Satellitegirl
08-04-2010, 08:18 PM
I'm going to refer to the Sookie on TV as Sooktv now, because she's not resembling her book character at all.

AliasJohnDoe
08-04-2010, 08:35 PM
One question. Who's running Merlottes when all the employees are everywhere but there? The customers? I would have fired all of them long ago for excessive time-off or never showing up for work. I don't think Sookie has been at work 2 days in a row since season 1. Or is that how it is in the books? I'm thinking... maybe Merlottes has invisible people who haven't been written into the script yet.

BigB08822
08-04-2010, 10:56 PM
I know that in the past I have seen some employees in the background besides the few that have been featured on the show. I even saw a male server once walking around. So I think it is safe to assume they have other employees we aren't seeing or hearing about. No place of business could run on 3-4 servers all week. I just began the books but apparently Sookie is religious about going to work, never misses very much. Must be a change they made for the show.

jen_faith
08-05-2010, 02:42 AM
My first comments this season!

I guess I am a bit of an oddball, but I kind of like the Micken's storyline. I hope Sam finds some family. I am not liking Eric much this season. Maybe I just have different expectations from reading the books. I do wish Sookie were more assertive/less needing to be rescued all the time. James Frain (Franklin) is an interesting character. I can't decide if I loathe him or like him. I also think Talbot is funny. I do think the show has gotten really gory, it's gotten grosser than the maenad scenes last year -- hard to imagine... Ick..

As to the last episode: the fairyland was so incredibly cheezy it just had to be deliberately cheezy. I am going to fanwank it that this is how Sookie would see fairyland because surely Ball can put together something more realistic/less stoopid than that?? Or maybe my faith is misplaced..

screech
08-05-2010, 04:16 AM
One question. Who's running Merlottes when all the employees are everywhere but there? The customers? I would have fired all of them long ago for excessive time-off or never showing up for work. I don't think Sookie has been at work 2 days in a row since season 1. Or is that how it is in the books? I'm thinking... maybe Merlottes has invisible people who haven't been written into the script yet.

Book Sookie does miss a lot of work because of her involvement with the vampires, but she is always regretful and always lets Sam know that she knows its an inconvenience, but she also shows up whenever possible. As Sam said this season, he knows that she's stubborn in needing to help people. And really, she even showed up when there were werewolves after her, so she's really not quite THAT flakey. In the books she misses work time in every book except 4 I think (and she has an amnesiac vampire to take care of and witches to battle in that one). To be fair though, the vamps do have her traveling a lot - Dallas, Mississippi, NOLA, Rhodes, Arkansas (though that's the fairies)... and the vamps do pay her better money than waitressing does. Why she doesn't just quit and sign a contract with the vampires (through Eric or Sophie-Anne since she's 'their asset') to hire out her services, I have no idea.

I think Lafayette is in charge right now, since last season Sam asked Terry to be in charge because Sookie was away and he couldn't find Lafayette - so with Laf around, it makes sense he'd be in charge. Though why he'd ask Terry before Arlene last year, I have no idea. In the books Sookie has to run the restaurant for a bit when Sam is away.

He should leave Jessica in charge - if things go to hell, she can just glamour everyone into doing what she wants and making the restaurant a lot of money.

Random thought, but for this season, since they're butchering Eric to shit, I hope they at least have him buy her a new driveway like he does in the books. And I'm kind of pissed that while he gave Lafayette a kick ass red convertible, we still haven't seen the BLDSKR Corvette. It's iconic in the books.

MarieM
08-05-2010, 07:57 AM
I'm going to refer to the Sookie on TV as Sooktv now, because she's not resembling her book character at all.
How on earth can you say that ?

The sookie in the book is what we call in french "une cruche". She's stupid, and the show illustrates that at every moment. At least, with the show, you have an outside view, not collored only by sookie's stupid thoughts :D

PrincessLeppard
08-05-2010, 03:08 PM
You must be reading a pretty crappy translation of the books, then. She's not worldly, but I wouldn't call her stupid, either.

screech
08-05-2010, 05:05 PM
I wouldn't call her stupid either in the books. She's uneducated and starts off as extremely naive, but as the books progress, she gets a lot more 'street smart'.

I think book Sookie's most 'stupid'ness is that she can't seem to see the good in people who deserve it (like Eric) but has a hard time accepting the bad in people who deserve it (like Arlene) and is far too stubborn. Like refusing to stay at Eric's house when there's a serious threat to her safety (which could have saved a few lives) saying it would be inconvenient to get to work, and just on a whole, inconvenient to both of them. Seriously Sookie! And she didn't even grasp Eric's confusion over her reaction and refused to acknowledge why he wanted her there. I guess that makes her 'relationship stupid.'

rfisher
08-05-2010, 06:18 PM
I wouldn't call her stupid either in the books. She's uneducated and starts off as extremely naive, but as the books progress, she gets a lot more 'street smart'.

I think book Sookie's most 'stupid'ness is that she can't seem to see the good in people who deserve it (like Eric) but has a hard time accepting the bad in people who deserve it (like Arlene) and is far too stubborn. Like refusing to stay at Eric's house when there's a serious threat to her safety (which could have saved a few lives) saying it would be inconvenient to get to work, and just on a whole, inconvenient to both of them. Seriously Sookie! And she didn't even grasp Eric's confusion over her reaction and refused to acknowledge why he wanted her there. I guess that makes her 'relationship stupid.'

I've never read a CH book where the female lead is stupid. They are all intelligent and hard working. All her books, regardless of the series or even the stand alones, feature strong, competent female leads. That fact alone separates her romantic suspense books from Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum. A couple of her stand alones are very intense, one is about rape, but the female lead always stands on her own two feet, has a strong work ethic, and takes responsiblity for her own actions. To me, Sookie Stackhouse captures the heart of small-town Southern women. She just happens to hang out with supernatural characters, but the supernaturalness is secondary to the stories.

screech
08-08-2010, 01:29 AM
To get away from complaining about the direction the show is taking... A fun interview with Stephen, Anna and Alex. (http://www.trueblood-news.com/anna-alex-stephen-talk-blondes-sex-scenes-battle-of-the-fang)

Some tidbits:
Stephen on his relationship with Alex who has love scenes with his fiance Anna: "I’m really lucky because the camera operator is a British guy called Simon Jayes whom we all love. He set up a closed-circuit TV monitor in my bedroom at home (laughs). So I get to watch that stuff. Alex doesn’t know that, so don’t tell him."

Anna on going blonde: "The boys staring-at-the-blonde thing is a cliché kind of truth. I don’t notice it anymore but the first few weeks, I was like, “This is odd [laughs].” I guess if you look tanned, blonde and you are perky, people pay attention to you. Translation – push-up bra, bleached hair and a fake tan. I guess the eyes go to bright shiny objects like a magpie."

Alex on his 'sexiest man in Sweden' titles: "It’s not like I wasn’t happy about it (laughing). Dude, I was flattered. I wasn’t like “Oh, really – again?” I’m only human in real life. The thing I didn’t like in Sweden was that it became the focus. Because I was voted the sexiest man in Sweden a couple of times, the roles that came in were the young hot guy. I wanted to do something that was more interesting than that. I didn’t get offers to play characters like Brad Colbert in “Generation Kill” or Eric in “True Blood” in Sweden. I wasn’t looking for the pretty boy parts."

PrincessLeppard
08-09-2010, 03:03 AM
Good and bad episode!

Good: Eric naked and making out with pretty Talbot. :swoon: Though, sadly, Talbot is no longer with us...

Baby Jessica getting the best of the werewolf.

Sookie not being a total wuss (though she should've just shot Debbie in the first place)

Bad: Yet another character with PTSD? Really? This is getting tiresome.

Sam's impulsive little brother. This could get old. (though I realize it's probably true to his character. Be the alpha dog and all that. But still.)

And npw Jason clearly has some dipshit plan. Lovely.

But really, Eric slowly removing his stripey shirt made this the best episode ever. :grope:

rfisher
08-09-2010, 03:09 AM
Eric :swoon:

Jessica :rofl: thank goodness since she's the only comic relief without Pam

Bill: :blah:

Since they're screwing up the Queen's marriage, they'll have to find someway to divorce (since it's supposed to be the King of Arkansas and he bites the big one in Rhodes, but that's book 5 and who knows if they'll make it that far).

I forgot when Claudine lets Sookie know about the fairy blood. Is that in book 3 or was that in one of the short stories?

I hope they send all of Sam's family back to Magnolia.

SkateSkates
08-09-2010, 04:08 AM
ERIC :)
seeing him shirtless made this episode great no matter whatever else happened