PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Satellitegirl
08-02-2010, 02:55 AM
Yeah, I'm officially tired of Bill.

BUT It looks like her and Billy are going to break up for a bit...probably not long...but we can hope!

lol loved the Lorena montage. "there is no excuse.....for domestic violence"

rfisher
08-02-2010, 02:57 AM
And that was NOT how Claudine is described in the books. I guess we'll be robbed of Claude.

I'm losing patience with this show.

Satellitegirl
08-02-2010, 03:54 AM
I'm having to pretend that it's not related to the books to enjoy it now, otherwise I just get annoyed.

screech
08-02-2010, 04:17 AM
I actually didn't mind tonight's episode, though I'm disappointed in a sick way that Bill didn't appear to rape Sookie. Again, they took away another good Eric/Sookie bonding moment where he rescues her and she leaves with him, leaving Bill behind.

I was giggling all through the fairy sequence - I thought it was so unintentionally cheesy and hilarious, though I did love Sookie and Claudine's dresses. And on the show now, Sookie has had Bill's blood the magical 3 times, whereas in the books she only does 2 times... (and by this point in the books she's had Eric's 3 times if you count the biting his hand at the orgy, whereas in the show she's only had it once).

I loved seeing Eric's softer side with Pam when he went to rescue her with the royalty - making sure she was okay, then standing so close to her during Russell's tirade. Sad to see the magister go, though I have decided now that I absolutely ADORE Evan Rachel Wood and the Queen. I giggled at the fact that they locked her in a birdcage for her imprisonment in her palace.

Wonder what Hadley told Eric about Sophie-Anne's interest. If it were about her fairy blood, wouldn't he have tasted it in her blood and given her higher than 3 for a rating? Or did Hadley tell him about Bill... I was also snickering at his feeding sounds.

At least they kept Lorena's end, though I was actually sad to see her go - I kind of grew to adore her.

Sam's storyline was tolerable today and even Jason. I giggled when Lafayette brought up his V use and Jason said 'I'm done with that. I just need some meth.' I love Jason when he's at his dimwitted best. And when he's being tender with Sookie.

I kind of have to say that I kind of wish Eric and Sophie-Anne would hook up. Obviously (if the rumors from a year ago, pre-Bosworth and re-Manson are to believed) Alex and ERW have chemistry, and I love their interactions on the show. I also covet Sophie-Anne's wardrobe. Can she take me shopping? And maybe do my hair and makeup?

I also decided today that I really, really dislike Bill. I never really enjoyed him, but I now officially dislike him. He's so boring and annoying. Can they kill him off and bring back Godric instead?

On a different, random note, I was flipping through he channels yesterday and when it got to a golf tournament, there was a golfer named 'Erik Compton' playing. It made me laugh hysterically and I had to explain to my roommate what I found so funny. She didn't quite get it.

And the preview for next week... (http://www.trueblood-news.com/)
Is that Rene I saw with Arlene? SQUEEE! And Eric is seemingly looking out for Sookie with having Hadley deliver a message to her (probably because Sookie would shoot Eric in the nuts with silver bullets at this point).

flutzilla1
08-02-2010, 03:23 PM
I also decided today that I really, really dislike Bill. I never really enjoyed him, but I now officially dislike him. He's so boring and annoying. Can they kill him off and bring back Godric instead?

Yes please. I was half-expecting her to open her eyes at the end of the episode and coo about how much she loved Beeeelll, and I was pleasantly surprised she actually had the reaction a normal person would have had in that situation.

Did not like the previews for next week when she seemed to be defending him, though....:mad: Compared to book Sookie she is a bit of a moron....

PrincessLeppard
08-02-2010, 05:56 PM
I'm finally caught up!

Random comments: why has no one brought up the resemblance between Talbot and Stephane Lambiel? I love talbot, what an awesome character. Loved his flirtation with Eric as well.

Alcide doesn't do it for me at all. You all can have him; I'll keep Eric happy. :grope: Though I was happy when Alcide just shot Cooter. I thought we were going to have another long drawn out conversation, with Sookie simpering. Who knew Tara would be the voice of reason?

I hope Franklin isn't dead. He's hysterical. Though I like him better when he's not around Tara.

brina
08-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Sookie in this show appears to be so darn desperate. Why is it that the female lead must be portrayed as batsh*t crazy over a guy? I much prefer book Sookie. I found it refreshing compared to the twilight fans who expect a girl to throw herself off a cliff when they are broken up with!

rfisher
08-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Sookie in this show appears to be so darn desperate. Why is it that the female lead must be portrayed as batsh*t crazy over a guy? I much prefer book Sookie. I found it refreshing compared to the twilight fans who expect a girl to throw herself off a cliff when they are broken up with!

CH doesn't write wimpy women. Alan Ball and the writers need to take a close look at the books.

I'm trying not to make comparisons and minor character changes don't bother me. Major plot changes do.

screech
08-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Yes, I hate the major plot changes and major character changes (Sookie would be calling Bill out on his BS and would have convinced both Eric and Alcide to help her with whatever she needs help with and probably would have worked a double shift at Merlottes into there, if she were the strong, still slightly naive character she is in the books at this point).

As I've said before, I get that Alan Ball prefers Bill and wants things to be good for Sookie and Bill, so I get why he's making the changes, but he (and the other writers) need to realize that their duty is to the fans and not to their own selfish wants. Look at the reaction Stephen got at Comic Con and then look at the reaction cardboard cutout Alex got. That should give them their answer right there.

Satellitegirl
08-03-2010, 03:29 PM
http://babyvamp-jessica.com/

Latest blog from Jessica features Pam. Very funny :)

They could do a spin-off show with just Eric and those two and I'd be happy. They crack me up, and are good actresses.

rfisher
08-03-2010, 04:02 PM
http://babyvamp-jessica.com/

Latest blog from Jessica features Pam. Very funny :)

They could do a spin-off show with just Eric and those two and I'd be happy. They crack me up, and are good actresses.

:rofl: That's the type of changes to the story I have no problem with. AB is missing a great opportunity.

Michalle
08-03-2010, 09:11 PM
I found Sookie at the beginning of the new episode so off-putting that I simply stopped watching the episode and don't know if I'll start watching any of the rest. It is just too frustrating, even though I haven't read the books, to see someone who I know is meant to be strong and "spunky" acting like such a drip. I'm just done with this show for now.

Desperado
08-04-2010, 12:19 AM
I was bored throughout most of the episode and disappointed by their pick for Claudine. I'm starting to think that reading eight out of the 10 CH books might have spoiled me for the show because I enjoyed them so much more.

Lets face it, it's probably 100% because of the liberties HBO is taking with the Eric character :D... and the weakling TV Sookie (both physically and emotionally). I keep thinking that she should be more mature and stronger after all she's been through but instead she just seems to have reverted to someone unbelievably naive and self-involved.

rfisher
08-04-2010, 12:31 AM
I was bored throughout most of the episode and disappointed by their pick for Claudine. I'm starting to think that reading eight out of the 10 CH books might have spoiled me for the show because I enjoyed them so much more.

Lets face it, it's probably 100% because of the liberties HBO is taking with the Eric character :D... and the weakling TV Sookie (both physically and emotionally). I keep thinking that she should be more mature and stronger after all she's been through but instead she just seems to have reverted to someone unbelievably naive and self-involved.

With no work ethic. Book Sookie never misses work unless she has to. She's proud of being able to support herself and CH makes a big deal about that in all the books. I'm almost ready to drop Sookie and Billlllllll from the show and just focus on all the other characters.

screech
08-04-2010, 01:11 AM
I read a recap of the last episode where the writer mentioned when Russell walks into Fangtasia and mentions 'franchising' with Eric. The recapper said 'they could turn this show into a workplace sitcom at Fangtasia and it would be brilliant!'

Can you imagine? Eric and Pam going about their business at Fangtasia, maybe with Russell, QSA, Franklin, Lafayette and Jessica stopping by every now and then.