PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

screech
07-09-2010, 06:01 AM
Here's the direct youtube link to the Drunk Dancing Alex video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpH-N9zufQM)

In spite of the drunkenness I bet he's probably actually a decent dancer - he sure works his butt really well. And he's definitely pumped up his body since filming Beyond the Pole... Seems like it would have been a fun set. But I guess when you're all bunking together in storage sheds in Greenland, things like this happen. Hee hee.

In other news. Stephen will be on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Friday, July 16.

Satellitegirl
07-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Last night's show was great. More Alcide :swoon: and risque scene with Eric and Sookie. Good times!

Loved the scene of Eric appearing outside Sookie's window and flying, in his thoughts. Glad to see they're going to utilize the flying bit from the books :)

Thought it was hilarious when Eric swooped in to help Lafayette, and also their conversation in the car, and him promptly leaving via window lol.

Poor Pam :( stuck in the middle of Eric's shenanigans.

Best of the season yet.

AliasJohnDoe
07-12-2010, 06:37 PM
I liked Tara's response after she was asked if Jason could read minds too.

"Jason doesn't know what's going on in his own head, let alone anyone elses." :rofl:

rfisher
07-12-2010, 07:32 PM
I alternated between boredom and :smokin: last night. Sam and family are total :yawn: And whoever wrote that dialog and the dialog coach should be shot. Unbelievably bad acting and script.

Sookie is acting like an idiot. She deserves to be ripped to shreds if she needs told 3 times to run when a bar full of bikers start turning into wolves. Franklin shouldn't have been able to glamor Tara into letting him into the house. Tara is also acting stupid. Bill, the King, and Lorena are boring. The book did a better job with the king. The whole Nazi vamp/were thing is stupid. So is the whole V storyline.

Good parts: Eric's daydream, Lafayette. Oh, and Alcide's hotness.

mashenka82
07-12-2010, 07:46 PM
I'm a bit torn about yesterday because the thing that I love about this series (along with Vampire Diaries) is that it doesn't follow the books to a T. While I personally love the Twilight Saga and the fact that I know what will happen and just see the book realized on the big screen (which is not meant to bring in a discussion of Twilight v. True Blood, etc), I love that, with True Blood, while the series vaguely follows the books, you are still in for some surprises.

But having said that, I wish that some of the things from the books had been realized in this episode. Eric flying was nicely done, but I wish it were real and we had a real Eric/Sookie interaction, not just dreams! Also, the whole bit of Alcide/Sookie/Debbie/weres, I wish it were set up the way it was in the books with Sookie pretending to be Alcide's girlfriend at the engagement and, while there was a lot of sexual tension between Alcide/Sookie, I kind of wanted something more.

On the upside, I love the Lafayette/Eric bits as well as Eric/Pam.

Satellitegirl
07-12-2010, 08:42 PM
I agree about the whole thing with Bill Lorena and the King last night being boring. It does seem like filler. And I didn't like Tara being so dumb and vulnerable either.

screech
07-13-2010, 12:24 PM
I personally thought last night was the best episode of the season so far. I'm still sick of the Sam stuff, and was so happy he wasn't giving in to his family, but of course he had to in the end.

I love how badass Bill is acting - he's so much more interesting when he's with Lorena and away from Sookie. Sookie crying over Bill was really well done and pretty realistic I thought, though I loved how annoyed sounding Alcide was.

Loved Eric's day (night?) dream. And IMO he had the best line of the night when he referred to one of the Hot Shot guys as Calvin's 'brother cousin'. Had me snorting since its so book-like!

Loved the reveal of Russell as the guy that Eric is looking for who's the leader of the non-Nazi weres. Also loved Pam's quick thinking with the Magister and Eric kind of hesitantly at first but quickly agreeing with her.

The Tara stuff - I thought was more interesting today. I actually thought it was kind of nice of Franklin (in a twisted way) to remove her bottoms and have the toilet seat open for her - just in case, you know? hee. I'm sorry, he amuses me to no end because he's so damn sassy!

Jason... I found him almost as interesting as Sam this week.

And can I just say... please let Joe Manganiello (who isn't in the opening credits? WTF? And neither is James Frain, but anyways...) develop an allergy to shirts. Abs like that should NOT be covered. He makes Alex and Ryan look unfit and obese! Also, kudos to Anna Paquin - her body is freaking amazing!!!

Other lines I loved:
Eric calling Lafayette 'RuPaul.' Hee hee.
Sookie's "Shut the eff up!" when Bill broke up with her
Bill's "We effeded like only two vampires can..."
Talbot's "Is this for me? It's skinny." about Tara

Oh, and loved in one recap where I read "There's Eric, fantasizing about hovering outside Sookie's window like a Viking Peter Pan." And another with Sookie's disguise as "Sydney Bristow from Alias dressed undercover at a goth bar." hee.

DBZ
07-14-2010, 06:24 AM
Did anyone else think Lorena was toast when Bill left her in the limo with Russell? I thought he was going to uphold his end of the bargain he struck with Bill.

Can someone clarify something for me?

So, is the Magister the highest ranking Vampire or something? I thought the Kings and Queens have highest authority, but everyone seems to answer to the Magister.

screech
07-14-2010, 07:46 AM
Did anyone else think Lorena was toast when Bill left her in the limo with Russell? I thought he was going to uphold his end of the bargain he struck with Bill.

Can someone clarify something for me?

So, is the Magister the highest ranking Vampire or something? I thought the Kings and Queens have highest authority, but everyone seems to answer to the Magister.

I think the Kings and Queens run the states, but the Magister is kind of like the President/Prime Minister. I'm sure each country or continent or whatever, has their own version of the Magister.

I also thought that Lorena was toast - I thought Russell was going to bomb the car. Though I kind of adore Lorena now - she's so hilariously delusional and actually makes Bill interesting and fun to watch.

Evilynn
07-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Is there anybody who actually *likes* Sam's story line this year? Jason's is almost as bad, but considering they're already setting up book 4 for him I suppose it should get better by the end of the season.

I really like the King of Mississippi-bits and I don't mind the V storyline much either (mostly because it means lots of Pam and Lafayette). I like Franklin Mott, even if he's a psycho, and I hope to god they let Tara be less annoying this season. I'm assuming they're being satirical with the Nazi weres, because...Nazi weres? :P

BigB08822
07-15-2010, 04:22 AM
Ok I am avoiding reading the thread but I am on epsiode 8 of season 1 and am HOOKED. What a great show!

Allen
07-15-2010, 06:11 AM
Ok I am avoiding reading the thread but I am on epsiode 8 of season 1 and am HOOKED. What a great show!

For me, the series really took off about episode 6 of season 1. It was good before, but it got really good toward the end of the season and in the early part of season 2.

screech
07-16-2010, 09:28 AM
There is going to be lots of True Blood stuff at Comic Con this year (July 22-25 in San Diego)

The big True Blood Event is considered the 'main attraction' of Comic Con this year. The panel Q&A will be Friday, July 23 from 5:15-6:15 Most of the main cast will be attending:
* Alan Ball, Executive Producer
* Anna Paquin, Sookie Stackhouse
* Stephen Moyer, Bill Compton
* Nelsan Ellis, Lafayette Reynolds
* Sam Trammell, Sam Merlotte
* Rutina Wesley, Tara Thornton
* Deborah Ann Woll, Jessica Hamby
* Kristin Bauer van Straten, Pam (YAY!)
* Denis O’Hare, Russell Ediington
* Joe Manganiello, Alcide Hervaux

Ryan Kwanten and Alexander Skarsgard are not scheduled to be there. AFAIK, Ryan is in Australia and Alex has tried but thinks he will be working too much to make it, though a moderator at skarsgardnews.com has been in contact with him and offering suggestions (my guess is she suggested he do satellite). He is supposed to be in Sweden any time now to start working on Melancholia before heading back to Honolulu to work on Battleship (he was just there for some pre-production stuff). Kate Bosworth was (conveniently) overheard at an event this week saying how she was going off to Sweden for a month, so it seems she's following him during his filming. I recommend they seat cardboard cut-outs of Ryan and Alex at the table. I imagine it will garner the same amount of screams.

Anyways, other True Blood related stuff:
Thursday, July 22:

1:00-2:00 Spotlight on Charlaine Harris (author and creator of The Southern Vampire Mysteries)
4:00-5:00 From Screen to Comic - shows and movies that have been turned into comics will be discussed, including the new True Blood comics
4:30-5:30 Behind the Music: Composing for Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Film & TV (Nathan Barr, composer for True Blood is part of this panel)

Friday, July 23

11:00-12:00 - Audrey Fisher (costume designer) - Costume Designers: Designing for TV Production
2:15-3:15 - James Frain (Franklin Mott) The Cape: Sneak Peek and Panel Discussion
4:30-5:30Michael MacMillian (Steve Newlin) will be discussing his comic Archaia: Lucid
4:00-6:00 Sony Pictures Entertainment: The Other Guys, The Green Hornet, and Priest - Stephen Moyer is part of the cast of Priest and will be on hand to discuss it

Saturday, July 24

8:30-11:30 HBO's True Blood Presents: The San Diego Comic-Con International Masquerade— Fabulous original and re-created costumes crafted by our talented attendees appear on stage before an audience of thousands, with impressive awards and cash prizes bestowed to those judged most outstanding. This will be simulcast in many different locations at the event.

And on a different note, just because we all deserve some eye candy... ET behind the scenes with a Shirtless! Joe Manganiello at a photoshoot for Muscle & Body magazine (http://www.trueblood-online.com/cast-crew/joe-manganiello-alcide/video-joe-manganiello-photo-shoot-behind-the-scenes/). His muscles are RIDICULOUS! They are so perfect and defined that they almost look fake. Rowr.

Satellitegirl
07-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Good. Lord. *passes out*

I think Alcide has surpassed Eric in swooniness for me this season. lol

delicious.

In other news http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b190306_next_up_losts_michael_emerson_true_blood.h tml I put this in the Lost thread as well, but it's a tidbit about Michael Emerson from Lost. Alan Ball said he'd love to have him on the show somehow and Emerson said he'd love to be on the show somehow, so maybe we'll see him in a part eventually. He's married to the woman that plays Arlene.

screech
07-16-2010, 03:04 PM
I'd love to see Michael play a Fellowship of the Sun follower settled in Louisiana. In the books Arlene gets sucked in to the Fellowship so it could work kind of awesomely. He has the perfect 'creepiness' to play such a fanatical role.