PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

screech
07-04-2010, 06:43 AM
Unfortunately no new episode this week - like last year they are not airing over the July 4th weekend.

As for some news, there was a cast wrap party in West Hollywood last weekend where most of the cast (sans Stephen and Anna who I believe are in London). According to Kristin Bauer (Pam) there was an awesome blooper reel shown. I would love to see it!
Individual videos of cast members (http://www.trueblood-online.com/video/true-blood-cast-party-at-stk-in-west-hollywood/)
A kind of 'summary' video (http://thecelebrityspot.com/paparazzi/video/true-blood-cast-parties-at-stk/)
Looks like while they still don't want to admit its anything 'real', Skarsworth is still going quite strong. And it seems Alex has inherited book Eric's penchant for driving fast. Maybe he just hates the paparazzi and wanted to get away?

Sam Trammell on Chelsea Lately (http://www.trueblood-news.com/sam-trammell-says-weve-been-itching-for-that-gay-love-scene). He talks about the dream scene with Bill and more.

Alexander is in the current Entertainment Weekly (http://www.trueblood-news.com/alexander-skarsgard-featured-in-entertainment-weekly), listed on their Summer Must List as the issue's 'Best Actor with Bite'. Its just a small blurb but he says the fake blood tastes disgusting and he'd love to see Eric in 17th century France, probably feasting on Louis XIV.

Allan Hyde talks (http://www.trueblood-news.com/allan-hyde-confirms-its-hard-to-speak-swedish-with-fangs) speaking Swedish with fangs, how his life has changed since Godric, and wants fans to keep calling for him to come back.

Some tidbits from the set designer on different sets on the show (http://www.trueblood-news.com/secrets-behind-the-sets), including the King of Mississippi's mansion, Lou Pine's, Lafayette's house, Fangtasia and Bill's house.

Can't remember if I've mentioned this before, but the Team Bill vs Team Eric Battle of the Fang (http://www.trueblood-news.com/battle-of-the-fang-a-looziana-grudge-match) wages on. The ultimate Team battle. Stephen Moyer and Alexander Skarsgard have each picked a charity, and fans for each Team can donate money to the actors charity of choice. The team who has raised the most money at the end of season 3 (the battle wages all season long) wins. The 'loser' has to wear a shirt that the winner's supporters choose and will be photographed in the shirt (a possible Stephen in a 'Mrs. Skarsgard' shirt?). The actors will both sign shirts for both teams and one person who supported Team Eric will get the Alex's shirt and a Team Bill supporter will get Stephen's shirt.

Stephen is supporting Gulf Relief.

The mission of the Gulf Relief Foundation is to provide relief to the fishing community of the Gulf Coast and their families, and to address the long-term challenge of restoring and protecting America’s Coast wetlands. For more information visit www.gulfaid.org.
Alex is supporting SOS Children’s Villages, an organization that works to focus on children without parental care and children of families in difficult circumstances.

So far Team Eric is winning. The last update of the $ raised is Team Bill: $4293 and Team Eric: $5475. For the first few weeks Team Eric had more than double the amount of Team Bill, but Bill is gaining ground fast...

Anyways, on a different note, is it next Sunday yet?

Octoberopals
07-05-2010, 04:22 AM
OK, I simply became curious......especially after seasons 1 & 2. I've started reading the books [what lovely escapism]. Thank goodness the TV writers have taken liberties with the book's story line. The TV series is sooooo much better than the books.

In fact I've even purchased Seasons ! & 2 on Blue Ray.....How's that for being a fan?

Satellitegirl
07-05-2010, 05:20 AM
You think the TV series is better than the books? interesting, I find it the opposite, although I love both.

screech
07-05-2010, 07:06 AM
I prefer the books, mostly because I prefer the books portrayal of Bill and Eric - book Bill isn't quite so whiny and book Eric isn't quite so heartless (though I found book 10 Eric rather pussywhipped for lack of a better term - I found it kind of hard to believe that he would be the emotional one in his relationship with Sookie, bring up that their relationship was 'true love' and being the one to want to know how she feels, saying 'I missed you' first thing after a week apart, being the first to admit his feelings, constantly irritated that while he insists she's his wife, she won't accept it, etc. Who would have thought that Sookie would wear the pants in that relationship?).

There are some changes that I like but dislike in the same way. For example, I wish they had Eric kill Longshadow on the show for Sookie as in the books, but then we wouldn't have had Jessica, who I adore. I also wish they would have had Eric help Sookie out with regards to the orgy stuff (and not only for the pink lycra), because it was a huge step in her beginning to trust him in the books. It also helped show that Eric is actually interested in her, rather than the show's random 'I find her curious' comments that have suddenly turned into more.

I love that Lafayette is still around, but I prefer book Tara to show Tara. I LOVE(d) Godric, but I would also love to see Eric's backstory with Appius play out. I also love book Sookie and Pam's relationship, whereas show Pam is still a bit cold towards her (hopefully that changes soon).

Basically, while I love the show, my biggest dislike of it is the way they wrote Eric the first two seasons. Season 3 Eric is much more like book Eric (though much more 'feeling')- still badass, but with a bit of a heart and interest in Sookie... though I'm waiting for them to bring out his kick ass sense of humour. Don't get me wrong - I agree with those who, when reviewing the show, say that Alexander is its most talented actor (and not just because I want to play with him) - he can say something in a complete monotone, trying to make it seem as though, as big shot vampire, he doesn't care, yet still let you know what he's really thinking, etc - his portrayal of Eric is amazing, but the Eric he's portraying isn't as likeable and awesome as the one that Charlaine Harris wrote.

rfisher
07-05-2010, 12:07 PM
You think the TV series is better than the books? interesting, I find it the opposite, although I love both.

ITA.

flutzilla1
07-05-2010, 06:23 PM
I agree that the books are better, however they finally seem to be listening to the fans this season in regards to Eric and Bill, thank goodness and IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!

Still don't get the Alex/Kate Bosworth real-life pairing -- hasn't he been quoted often as saying his ideal woman was a natural, more low-maintenance type? From what I've seen of Kate she seems about as low-maintenance as Cher. Oh well, there's no accounting for taste...:D

screech
07-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Still don't get the Alex/Kate Bosworth real-life pairing -- hasn't he been quoted often as saying his ideal woman was a natural, more low-maintenance type? From what I've seen of Kate she seems about as low-maintenance as Cher. Oh well, there's no accounting for taste...:D

For all we know she's really low key and sweet - heck, she seems to never brush her hair, so that could be a plus in the 'natural' column. A lot of gossip bloggers think its a showmance meant to garner interest in Straw Dogs. One blogger (Lainey Gossip) has taken to calling Kate a 'stage 5 clinger', which I somewhat see. She seems to appear at events that deal with him (TB premiere, TB wrap party, GQ men of the year...), whereas he doesn't go to ones that she's at in unless he's involved somehow as well. Also, he's the big star/heartthrob now, whereas she hasn't had any major role in a few years. Makes sense she'd latch on so that her name (and face) is still out there.

For some reason though, whether it started as a showmance or eff buddies or whatever, I think its actually turned into something. She went with him to Sweden for a weekend, supposedly to meet his family and friends (though his brother Gustaf was an extra in 21, and she met Stellan when she was dating Orlando during Pirates), and their excursions seem more domesticated lately (from pap photos), though based on rumors, it seems she calls the paparazzi to notify them of their whereabouts (no word as to whether he's in on it, but it could be the source of his miserable expressions when photographed together). On a different note, he's just arrived in Honolulu to film Battleship (hopefully with a sexy marine haircut a la Generation Kill) so we should be getting a bit of a break from the paparazzi calls on them.

Speaking of True Blood romances, no matter what we think of their characters, you have to agree that Stephen and Anna have the most adorable relationship. I love seeing photos of her hanging out with his daughter. Or them frolicking and kissing in the surf. And she looks so 'normal' when out - not fancy clothes or anything. Steve said in an interview that he's never been in a relationship like this one where immediately everything was laid out (he said he knew from the start about her bisexuality). Adore them and hope they go through with their wedding soon.

Blah, enough gossip talk. Is it Sunday yet?

Evilynn
07-07-2010, 09:06 AM

While still in Sweden he dated models, so I think maybe his "low maintenance" comment should be taken with a pinch of salt. :lol:

I suppose I'm in the minority in that I prefer TB over the books, at least so far. I'd read Club Dead before TB started and had no thought of reading the rest of them. Roll on TB and by now I've read all the books. ;)

screech
07-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Just read an interview with him where he almost confirms that he was with Kate in Sweden (something we all know but have never heard them mention). He talks about how he would tell his friends in LA how there was no paparazzi in Sweden and they didn't believe him, and then how he went back for the first time in 6 months to see family and friends and he got stalked. He said that one guy
followed us 24/7, he took notes on when we left the apartment and when we got back. After three days when he still was there, I walked up to him and said “I think this is enough.” He was cool about it and backed off.

It was his use of 'we' and 'us'(not once mentioning that there was a female, or her name though) that seems to be the first 'confirmation' of anything. It's also kind of creepy though. He mentioned his mom calling him

It was absurd. My Mom called me from Gotland on Sunday evening that week and said “I know exactly what you’ve been doing all weekend, who you’ve been seeing, what bars you went to, what time you took a cab and from where you took it.”

But hey, if Kate does really call the paps, it makes sense why suddenly the paps were out and about in Stockholm.

Anyways, in addition to his sorta-confirmation that he was in Stockholm with someone, this particular interview is really good and doesn't hit all the usual topics (not one mention of him being naked!). He mentions why he left Sweden, why he didn't give up and go back during his years of no success in LA, how where he grew up made him who he is, his beloved football team, and a possible Skarsgard family project. He even talks about living in a somewhat shady neighborhood and being chased as a kid down the street by an old man with a knife. Yikes! (Source) (http://www.trueblood-news.com/alexander-skarsgard-in-situation-stockholm)

In other TB news, CNN is reporting (http://newsroom.blogs.cnn.com/2010/07/06/bite-marks-the-new-hickey/) that instead of hickeys, biting has become the new trendy way of 'marking' someone, based on the popularity of Twilight, TB and Vampire Diaries.. That seems kind of scary.

HBO has released some new stills of the next few episodes (http://www.trueblood-news.com/hbo-releases-new-true-blood-stills). Lorena and QSA look gorgeous, though I like the picture with Jessica and Tommy in Merlotte's uniforms. Nothing good can come from that.

HBO's informational video about vampires (http://www.trueblood-news.com/how-many-ways-are-there-to-kill-a-vampire) - how to kill them, the politics, vampire powers and the maker/child relationship. The show's vampires provide the information.

Ryan Kwanten visits the Ronald McDonald House. (http://www.trueblood-news.com/ryan-kwanten-visits-the-ronald-mcdonald-house)

Evilynn
07-08-2010, 01:01 PM
But hey, if Kate does really call the paps, it makes sense why suddenly the paps were out and about in Stockholm.

At least one of the bigger Swedish gossip blogs had some sort of competition on who could get the best (or most, I forget?) pictures of Skarsgård and Bosworth while they were in Stockholm, and I think that probably counted for a fair amount of the photos.

screech
07-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Emmy nominations were announced about half an hour ago, and our beloved show garnered 5 nominations, including one for the golden category!!

OUTSTANDING ART DIRECTION FOR A SINGLE-CAMERA SERIES
- Episodes "Never Let Me Go" (I'm guessing for the viking flashback scene), "I Will Rise Up" (Probably for the rooftop scene), "Frenzy" (not sure which for this one - maybe the Jason as 'the god who comes' scene?)
OUTSTANDING CASTING FOR A DRAMA SERIES
OUTSTANDING PROSTHETIC MAKEUP FOR A SERIES, MINISERIES, MOVIE OR A SPECIAL
- Episode "Scratches". Sookie's back scratches were pretty gruesome.
OUTSTANDING SOUND EDITING FOR A SERIES
- Episode "Beyond Here Lies Nothing" (finale). Not sure what scene would be the focus.
OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES
- No particular episode listed.

Sadly no recognition for Allan Hyde, who IMO would be the most deserving actor of a nomination for season 2 (though would never have a chance of winning against John Lithgow). I thought Anna Paquin had a 50% chance of being nominated, but alas. A huge congratulations though for the best drama series nomination - a huge accomplishment (even though they'll either lose to Lost or Mad Men).

Evilynn
07-08-2010, 03:36 PM
OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES

:respec:

I'm also sure Mad Men or Lost will take it, but huge props for getting a nom!

screech
07-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Just because every TB (and Alex) fan MUST see this...

Drunk Alex dancing/strip teasing/grinding against another guy behind the scenes of Beyond the Pole (http://skarsgardnews.com/?p=7424)

HILARIOUS!!

Desperado
07-09-2010, 12:21 AM
Sadly the video has already been removed...

Satellitegirl
07-09-2010, 04:20 AM
That was pretty hilarious...I watched it earlier today.