PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

topaz
06-24-2010, 06:06 AM
And yeah it's a bit annoying the way Sookie is freaking out over Bill. Not surprising though since he's her "first love" and people are usually more dramatic about that hehe.

Tara is ridiculous on the other hand. She liked Eggs, yeah...but this guy was traveling around with Mary-Ann who was some weirdo. Move on, Tara!

lol. Regarding Sookie there are so many people who think its romantic and adorable she accepted the proposal of her first love and first lover. I'm not one of those people :lol:

I like Tara, I just think she's having a pitty party now. She's the daughter of an alcoholic, so her coping skills aren't that great. And I liked Eggs. He was lost soul and he was bespelled by Mary Ann.

Satellitegirl
06-24-2010, 02:06 PM
I don't see anything wrong with her accepting the proposal of her first love/first lover, but it's waaaaay too soon.

rfisher
06-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Honestly, I still can't help but to think those who've read the books still have faith that AB is gonna make them a couple or a relationship similar to the ones in the books. AB has done 1, 1 book related sequence involving Sookie and Eric.

I think many bookies would save themselves some grief and disappointment if they just understand the books are the books and True Blood is the show. Don't expect anything. Just go with the flow. I know I have.

Perhaps, but the fan base were fans of the books. I do know some who've stopped watching the show. I don't know how many of the viewers have not read the books, but if there is significant deviation from the original, such as the relationship between Eric and Sookie which if central to all the books from 4 onward, there could be a loss of viewership. It remains to be seen what AB chooses to do with the story arcs.

Matryeshka
06-28-2010, 04:46 AM
As long as it's well done, I don't mind the deviations. I kind of like the different interpretation about how it could go. I even like Anna Paquin as Sookie in the TV show, though I still picture someone more like a Scarlette Johanesen when I read the book.

Tara and Spanish vampire sex is creepy. I'm already tired of Sam's family. And Sam too.

MarieM
06-28-2010, 07:57 AM
Perhaps, but the fan base were fans of the books. I do know some who've stopped watching the show. I don't know how many of the viewers have not read the books, but if there is significant deviation from the original, such as the relationship between Eric and Sookie which if central to all the books from 4 onward, there could be a loss of viewership. It remains to be seen what AB chooses to do with the story arcs.

I think the fan base read the books AFTER watching the show that first season.
The fan base is of geeks. And geeks don't read books like that, a cheap harlequin version of vampire.
That is the genius of AB there : he created something wonderfull from a piece of crap.

Satellitegirl
06-28-2010, 01:13 PM
I wouldn't call them a piece of crap. Certainly not fine literature, but still well written.

rfisher
06-28-2010, 01:23 PM
I think the fan base read the books AFTER watching the show that first season.
The fan base is of geeks. And geeks don't read books like that, a cheap harlequin version of vampire.
That is the genius of AB there : he created something wonderfull from a piece of crap.

I wouldn't call them a piece of crap. Certainly not fine literature, but still well written.

ITA. This series was popular long before HBO decided to make a series. In fact, its popularity was the reason why they chose to do so. They were the inspiration for much of the subsequent vamp phenomenon including the Twilight series.

Sam's story arc sucks.

I don't like what they're doing with the werewolves. They're making them too violent and too redneck. I'm already bored with them. Let's just move on to nekked Eric.

Satellitegirl
06-28-2010, 01:38 PM
I agree about the werewolves. I didn't picture them as rednecks at all in the books....more like the tough biker types(like they were pretty much described). Somewhat disappointed with that as well........but yes...nekkid Eric pls.

screech
06-28-2010, 04:35 PM
I loved seeing the different side of Lorena - I found myself liking her (and thinking she looked GORGEOUS) in the flashbacks. And I covet her dress from the... interesting scene with Bill. I watched with my friend and he claims that Bill had to have sex with her because she said 'make love to me' but I disagree - he was ripping off her clothes before that, and she didn't command him as his maker. Plus, we saw his reaction to what he was doing... Bill's baaaaad!

I kind of adore Franklin. And Eric's ador(k)able wave and 'Hello Sweetheart' to Lafayette was brilliant. Disappointed that its not his car though - I wanted to see him driving a flashy red car with the BLDSKR license plate, dammit!

topaz
06-28-2010, 10:44 PM
I loved seeing the different side of Lorena - I found myself liking her (and thinking she looked GORGEOUS) in the flashbacks. And I covet her dress from the... interesting scene with Bill. I watched with my friend and he claims that Bill had to have sex with her because she said 'make love to me' but I disagree - he was ripping off her clothes before that, and she didn't command him as his maker. Plus, we saw his reaction to what he was doing... Bill's baaaaad!

I kind of adore Franklin. And Eric's ador(k)able wave and 'Hello Sweetheart' to Lafayette was brilliant. Disappointed that its not his car though - I wanted to see him driving a flashy red car with the BLDSKR license plate, dammit!

I completely agree Screech. I started to like Lorena last season, I just found her description of Bill to be right on the head and I did enjoy her humor, her remark about "Bill's domestic abuse.. aka him hitting her over the head with the TV set".

mila19
06-29-2010, 12:32 AM
And I covet her dress from the... interesting scene with Bill.

But can Lorena still command Bill as his maker even after she'd release him?

Satellitegirl
06-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Ok I'd just like to say I have the hots for Alcide. Lordamerceh. That's a nice looking werewolf :swoon: Eric and Alcide...in a room all to myself. Plz and thx.

I thought the "scene" was kinda ridiculous. It didn't shock me and I didn't considering something people would be talking about for 20 years. It's funny, I love the show, but I spend half the time watching it going "this is so ridiculous" lol. I liked the set up of the Werewolf bar though. It's how I imagined it pretty much, although I was expecting it to be darker. Nice to see Swayze in a role. He fit well.

I found myself liking Lorena as well when Bill went back to his wife and had that whole scenario take place. Bill did his wife no favors by putting her through that when she had just lost a child.

I'm sort of annoyed at how googley eyed Sookie is when going around talking about Bill. Way too "sweet" and naive sounding. Also annoyed that Tara is being so easily manipulated yet again. I realize she's in a weakened state though right now.

Good episode, and the best of the season so far.

screech
06-29-2010, 04:41 PM
I absolutely have the hots for Joe Manganiello as well. Dude is freaking gorgeous. Can't wait to (hopefully) see him and Alex in a scene together. And surprisingly Joe is actually TALLER than Alex! Can they please both be shirtless and in a scene together? Rowr!

I wasn't too impressed with the scene either. Yeah, it was some effed up sex, but not as insane as it was made out to be beforehand. What stuck with me through it was that Bill never unzipped his pants. Does he have a magical penis or something?

I adore Franklin and his sarcasm and description of Jessica to Tara. But I have to wonder, between Bill glamouring Jessica's sister to get into the Hamby house, and Franklin glamouring Tara to get in to Sookie's house - what the hell is the point of vampires having to be granted an invitation to enter a house if they can just force it out of the person anyways?

And I've decided I want to hire Talbot as an interior decorator, but I'd never let him know that I'm a bit of a klutz and might make the occasional mess. I absolutely adore Russell as well.

And the best lines of the night went to Eric:
"I got your rug wet." (which had me snort laughing, but then I thought... this is Eric, it could also be taken sexually)
"He had a Mississippi accent. Can't you tell the difference?" (total in-joke about the accents on the show. And hilarious of course)
"Hello Sweetheart." Eric saying 'sweetheart' is just amazing. Almost as awesome as his "Dang" when pretending to be a member of the FotS last year.
And while I can't remember the actual lines, Sookie asking Eric how he was after the gunshot, and him saying he would have healed faster if she had sucked it out, and her rebuttal that she'll never fall for that again... love Sense of Humor!Eric and Snarky!Sookie.

Oh, and when we saw Yvetta in the throes of passion, before we saw who was causing it, was anyone else thinking it was Eric? Loved getting to see Pam's sexuality explored.

Satellitegirl
06-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Haha, I forgot to mention that as well. Pam in the office cracked me up. "Think about Estonia" or something to that effect. Loved Eric's lines as well. Good stuff. And LOL @ magic penis.

Evilynn
06-30-2010, 01:00 PM
And the best lines of the night went to Eric:
"I got your rug wet." (which had me snort laughing, but then I thought... this is Eric, it could also be taken sexually)

So *that's* what he said! I watched that bit about 3 times but totally couldn't hear what he said (except "rug").

"He had a Mississippi accent. Can't you tell the difference?" (total in-joke about the accents on the show. And hilarious of course)

That also had me :rofl: as well as Pam's "Lie back and think of Estonia". :grope: