PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

screech
06-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Sam's story arc is :yawn: , but then I thought it was in the books also. I was hoping for better on the show. I'm not certain about all the overt hostility between the wears and the vamps. CH does a lot with the wears in subsequent books and this could make those story arcs difficult. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

Eric :swoon: Bill :blah: Bring on Book 4

I didn't mind Sam's as much this week, but it's still so separate from everyone else that it just makes me groan when he comes on. I'm guessing that the weres (and Nazi!Eric) are related to the vengeance storyline Alex has been talking about (my guess is that the Operation Werewolf weres killed his family when he was human and that's what he's going on about.)

And even though its all blood, I kind of thought that the vamp dinner looked kind of delicious. Especially desert!

But I agree, Eric (especially vulnerable and feeling disturbingly human and emotional Nazi!Eric) is very :swoon: and I had to say I giggled when he 'blah blah blah blah blah'ed through wedding vows when mocking Sookie. Anyone else thing Eric sounded kind of drunk in that bit?

And GODRIC!! So amazing to see him back and I wish they could work out a way to have more of him. I read an interview with Allan Hyde where when his arc was ending last year he was randomly throwing out suggestions like 'maybe Godric has an evil twin...' just so he could stick around. Heck, if we get to have awesome badass Nazi!Godric flashbacks, I'm all for any reason to keep Allan around. Even if he just pops up in one episode/season. I wasn't a fan of the Bill flashbacks to the civil war era, or to his time with Lorena, but I do enjoy the Eric flashbacks, because he has so much more history that has gotten him to where he is. Plus his maker is totally awesome, as is his child.

Whenever this show gets canceled they should totally make a spin-off and call it 'Eric Through the Ages' or something, where each week is a new era. Like tights and wig wearing England. Or pirate. Or chillin' with. Or bell bottom disco 70s (hee).

Satellitegirl
06-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Some thoughts from last night:

Last night's episode was much better than the first, even though I liked the first. Loved Eric being at Sookies and wanting to come inside to protect her, and his suggestiveness. :swoon:

I couldn't tell whether Bill tossing the lantern at Lorena was real or a fantasy he was having when he saw her lol.

The dinner cracked me up with all the different ways they served blood.

I like seeing all the wolves. Very pretty :)

Sam's brother is a jerk.

Loved Lafayette this episode and his always matter of factness with Tara.

I liked Pam's "lets go to the bathroom and stare at ourselves in the mirror" or whatever she said, when she took Jessica away from Sookie/Eric lol.

Jason is just annoying. I don't enjoy his character at all.

flyingsit
06-21-2010, 06:02 PM
I love Jason! Of course, my husband and I have nicknamed him "Rocks." As in, dumber than...

mila19
06-21-2010, 11:37 PM
Moi thinks the lantern thing thrown to Lorena is fantasy. He couldn't cheat on her when he wanted to get out of the hotel room when Sookie's being held in Texas because she was older therefore more powerful than him.
I <3 Godric! Oh please Alan Ball, find a way to make him appear longer. I thinks the actor, Allan :kickass: Hyde has something similar to Ralph Fiennes.
There's something so boring that it becomes irritating about Sam. UGH
Lurved the end of the episode. WHEEE

Evilynn
06-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Moi thinks the lantern thing thrown to Lorena is fantasy.

I'm pretty sure the actress has more appearances, and it was sort of oddly shot, so I'm pretty sure it's fantasy too.

I liked ep2 more than ep1, because it seems like a lot of the plots are converging. Except Sam's that I don't really know what they're going to do with. "Sam's off doing something no one really cares about"? :huh: I thought Lafayette was brilliant and Russell Edgington makes for a lot more creepy royal than Sophie Anne. Also, I found Franklin Mott disturbingly attractive (eventhough the actor really...isn't). :grope:

screech
06-22-2010, 01:37 PM
. Also, I found Franklin Mott disturbingly attractive (eventhough the actor really...isn't). :grope:

I think its the accent - something about it, it doesn't just sound like a normal British accent, there's something there... rowr.

Eric and Godric were the best part and they both looked hot as Nazis, which is not something I ever thought I'd say. I still love seeing the badass version of Godric, stabbing and killing for Eric, though I found it weird that 950 years into his life, Godric was still schooling him on the vampire ways. We now know why Eric is so emotionless, except when dealing with Sookie.

I loved his vulnerability when talking to her, and then how sarcastically mad he got when discussing marriage (and how hung up on 'you were Nazis?' Sookie was with him). And when he mentioned not wanting her to cry - that was absolutely straight from the books - Eric never could handle a crying Sookie.

And of course, Sookie imitating Bill's way of saying her name was AMAZING!

As for Allan Hyde appearing again, I can say that set pictures were leaked from the filming of the finale, and he was there. And appeared to be wearing his clothes from meeting the sun. Based on the other actors that were there, and the makeup, I'm going to assume it's a vision or something, but still... GODRIC!

Anyone else kind of irritated that Sookie was all 'Bill is everything to me'? I mean, she's known the guy for like 2 months. Seriously?! And Tara trying to kill herself over Eggs - she was with the guy for like 2 weeks! Dude!

Love how they're starting to hint at a higher purpose for Bill being in Bon Temps. Those who have read the books know, but the file in his office, and Russell's comments... methinks things will be revealed soon...

rfisher
06-22-2010, 01:44 PM
I will say I smiled when Sam's family were located in Magnolia, AR rather than Texas. CH lives in Magnolia.

Satellitegirl
06-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Yeah, they're taking their time getting to the higher purpose with Bill, that's for sure lol. I have read through the first 3 books so far...I think 3...maybe 4.... Anyhow, the last one I read was with the werewolves. Pretty sure that's 3. I need to get started on the next one. Went through a non-reading phase for a few months though.

And yeah it's a bit annoying the way Sookie is freaking out over Bill. Not surprising though since he's her "first love" and people are usually more dramatic about that hehe.

Tara is ridiculous on the other hand. She liked Eggs, yeah...but this guy was traveling around with Mary-Ann who was some weirdo. Move on, Tara!

I like that James Frain is in this season...although I keep thinking of him as Forney from "Where the Heart Is" lol

And I agree about how Sookie imitated Bill. That cracked me up. She did it really well.

rfisher
06-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Yeah, they're taking their time getting to the higher purpose with Bill, that's for sure lol. I have read through the first 3 books so far...I think 3...maybe 4.... Anyhow, the last one I read was with the werewolves. Pretty sure that's 3. I need to get started on the next one. Went through a non-reading phase for a few months though.

You'd know if you'd read Book 4 :smokin:

Satellitegirl
06-22-2010, 02:54 PM
I got through the one with Alcide, and Bill's kidnapping, etc. Which book was that? lol

Evilynn
06-22-2010, 02:57 PM
I got through the one with Alcide, and Bill's kidnapping, etc. Which book was that? lol

Book 3. You'd remember book 4 if you'd read it. ;) :grope:

Satellitegirl
06-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Is book 4 the one with Eric running nekkid down the road and Sookie has to help him? because I read that one too...I was just mushing it with book 3 I think. can't forget nekkid Eric *grin* :swoon:

Ok, nm, remembering book 4 more now. House full of witches, Jason getting turned into a shifter, etc

Also does anyone else wish Anna wasn't engaged to Stephen so they could shift it more away from Bill/Sookie? I just have a feeling they're keeping him in things more and her devotion to him more due to the situation. Maybe not though.

screech
06-23-2010, 03:15 AM
I like that they're slowly revelaing Bill's higher purpose sooner than season 6 (Cause its book 6 where it's revealed), so hopefully it'll come to fruition soon.

Alan Ball has said that Bill and Eric fans will be happy, so that lets me believe they will allow the Eric route, especially since they've been making him a bit more book-like this season. Though he has said that Bill and Sookie have a connection that will never go away (though it is kind of like that in the books in a way too), but if they don't allow some Eric/Sookie on the show, I will probably not keep watching until the end, since they are basically a huge aspect of the books and IMO are MUCH more interesting than Bill/Sookie. I find them together kind of grating all 'I love you. I need you. I can't live without you. But I barely know you. But I love you.' I mean seriously!

Alex has said that at some point Eric will get Sookie - he has to, because multiple years of 1 couple being happy just isn't good for a drama series. Plus, I think most of the fans of the books would leave the tv show if they didn't hook them up at some point (preferably season 4...)

And... spoilers have come out that one of Bill and Sookie sleeps with someone else. And from things I've seen - twisted Bill sex with Lorena occurs. Literally (you'll find out). I believe it happens next episode. Of course Sookie will find out. And maybe find out about Bill's higher purpose of still working for QSA and blamo! Eric will get amnesia and the he'll finally get to have his passionate, primal sex with her.

rfisher
06-23-2010, 11:36 AM
We do have the opportunity to introduce Quinn (although I was never quite sure why CH did) and the whole fairy aspect. It's clear in the books that Bill really did love Sookie and she still cares about him. He's just not Eric.

topaz
06-24-2010, 05:58 AM
I like that they're slowly revelaing Bill's higher purpose sooner than season 6 (Cause its book 6 where it's revealed), so hopefully it'll come to fruition soon.

Alan Ball has said that Bill and Eric fans will be happy, so that lets me believe they will allow the Eric route, especially since they've been making him a bit more book-like this season. Though he has said that Bill and Sookie have a connection that will never go away (though it is kind of like that in the books in a way too), but if they don't allow some Eric/Sookie on the show, I will probably not keep watching until the end, since they are basically a huge aspect of the books and IMO are MUCH more interesting than Bill/Sookie. I find them together kind of grating all 'I love you. I need you. I can't live without you. But I barely know you. But I love you.' I mean seriously!

Alex has said that at some point Eric will get Sookie - he has to, because multiple years of 1 couple being happy just isn't good for a drama series. Plus, I think most of the fans of the books would leave the tv show if they didn't hook them up at some point (preferably season 4...)

Honestly, I still can't help but to think those who've read the books still have faith that AB is gonna make them a couple or a relationship similar to the ones in the books. AB has done 1, 1 book related sequence involving Sookie and Eric.

I think many bookies would save themselves some grief and disappointment if they just understand the books are the books and True Blood is the show. Don't expect anything. Just go with the flow. I know I have.