PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

AliasJohnDoe
06-17-2009, 07:20 PM
"True Blood" premiere sucks up strong ratings:

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2009/06/true-blood-sucks-up-strong-ratings.html

Evan Rachel Wood to guest on "True Blood":

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2009/04/true-blood-bites-evan-rachel-wood.html

Red Carpet Premiere Pics:

http://www.zap2it.com/news/custom/photogallery/events/zap-true-blood-season-two-red-carpet-pictures,0,5992396.photogallery

screech
06-18-2009, 01:38 AM
I think Evan is the perfect casting choice for the role of Sophie-Anne. I hope she lives up to expectations...

reckless
06-18-2009, 02:09 AM
I think Evan is the perfect casting choice for the role of Sophie-Anne. I hope she lives up to expectations...
I don't know. I think she is actually a bit too old. Wasn't Sophie-Anne turned as a young teen? (Sorry, I don't think that is really a spoiler.) I guess they will probably just make the character a little older. There are some practical problems about using a teen or even someone just past 18 for the role. First, they need to be able to circumvent child labor laws. Second, since Sophie-Anne would not age, a teenage actress would be a problem since she would certainly age over the life of the TV series.

I do wonder how they plan to integrate her into the show. IIRC, the character in the books didn't show up until pretty late in the series. If they are casting her now, they probably intend to move around some of the New Orleans details. That probably makes sense in light of Katrina, since most of the show seems set in the post-Katrina world.

BigB08822
06-18-2009, 03:21 PM
I am really aggravated. I wanted to watch this and I figured it would be available on On Demand. They have already taken the first 6 episodes of season 1 down! How ridiculous since they just began season 2. Grrr...guess they lost a possible viewer.

shiningstar
06-18-2009, 04:26 PM
I am really aggravated. I wanted to watch this and I figured it would be available on On Demand. They have already taken the first 6 episodes of season 1 down! How ridiculous since they just began season 2. Grrr...guess they lost a possible viewer.

I've been watching it online, but not via On Demand. I've watched it using Graboid. Google it and it will bring you to the site that will tell you all about it. It uses a lot of bandwidth but the quality is good. You can choose to stream or download. I downloaded because then you can watch as many times as you want. I don't want anybody to miss watching this show!

BigB08822
06-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks, I might check it out at home. Don't want to use it at work as this computer is already slow enough.

reckless
06-18-2009, 08:10 PM
I assume they took the On Demand down because the DVD of Season 1 was released a few weeks ago. They probably don't want On Demand to hurt DVD sales.

BigB08822
06-18-2009, 08:20 PM
I assume they took the On Demand down because the DVD of Season 1 was released a few weeks ago. They probably don't want On Demand to hurt DVD sales.

That makes sense but I still hate it. :lol:

shiningstar
06-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Here's the preview for this Sunday's episode :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd-aqZZ04og

I think I love this show too much.

AliasJohnDoe
06-18-2009, 10:31 PM
I think I love this show too much.

Me too.

This is the first show to come along in a while where I can't wait for the next episode.

It was torture waiting for season 2 to start.

shiningstar
06-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Me too.

This is the first show to come along in a while where I can't wait for the next episode.

I know! As the episode was finishing on Sunday, I couldn't believe it was over already! It's painful waiting for the next episode.

rfisher
06-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Me too.

:lol: Have you read the books?

Normally, (Harry Potter for example) I hate when books are turned into movies or TV shows. I hate Bones (although the only relation to the books is the name of the character), but I've liked True Blood so far. What they've changed or added haven't taken anything from the original storylines. Yet. I think there will be substantial deviation this season, but I'll wait and see. I'd watch just for the opening credits and song.

shiningstar
06-18-2009, 11:44 PM
:lol: Have you read the books?

Normally, (Harry Potter for example) I hate when books are turned into movies or TV shows. I hate Bones (although the only relation to the books is the name of the character), but I've liked True Blood so far. What they've changed or added haven't taken anything from the original storylines. Yet. I think there will be substantial deviation this season, but I'll wait and see. I'd watch just for the opening credits and song.

I agree with you about the books. I think this is the only book-to-movie/tv adaptation that I actually like.

screech
06-19-2009, 03:28 AM
I love the adaptation. I love how they keep the general idea but still kind of change it so the viewers have no idea. Like with the dead body in the car - they veered from the books and I love it! Though that probably means we won't get any Eric in pink spandex at an orgy with Sookie, but still, I love how the fans of the books can still be surprised.

And a note about the books, I read that book 10 will be released May 2010, and I think Charlaine Harris is also releasing a book of short stories, one which involves Pam and Sookie going to a strip club! (unless I misread what I saw on a fan site...)

shiningstar
06-19-2009, 08:39 PM
I love the adaptation. I love how they keep the general idea but still kind of change it so the viewers have no idea. Like with the dead body in the car - they veered from the books and I love it! Though that probably means we won't get any Eric in pink spandex at an orgy with Sookie, but still, I love how the fans of the books can still be surprised.

We better be seeing some Eric-Sookie action! They are one of my favourite parts of the books!! Interested to see who they will get to play the Weres if the series stays on that long!