PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Satellitegirl
01-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Yeah I can't believe Lost wasn't even nominated...what the hell.

Hope True Blood does well!

Also, I don't get the descriptions of the characters. Alan is taking a few too many liberties IMO. I still like the show...but it's just annoying when things are changed that don't really need to be sometimes.

screech
01-18-2010, 04:54 AM
HBO put out a cute video to acknowledge that they're back in production of the show:
http://true-blood.net/2010/01/12/video-true-blood-in-production-2/

Pictures of the cast members on the red carpet tat the Golden Globes:
http://true-blood.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=197&page=1
Pictures of Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer (Sookie & Bill) doing the red carpet together - IIRC it's their first time doing the whole red carpet thing together since coming out as a couple, Carrie Preston (Arlene) and her hubby Michael Emerson (Ben from Lost), Ryan Kwanten (Jason), Sam Trammell (Sam), and Alexander Skarsgard (Eric) who sure as hell looks good in a tux.

Unfortunately they didn't win anything, but everyone looked great! And I'm sure they're partying hard right now.

Spoiler for the show from one of its actor's twitters (according to Just Jared):
Allan Hyde tweeted on Tuesday, “Waking Godric to ‘life’ again. In my new apartment getting ready to shoot next week.” Godricccccc YAY!!! So excited! Especially because it means, RETURN OF THE WIG!

Orable
01-18-2010, 07:58 PM
Screech, thanks for the updates and links :) Re: AS, I was iming my friend about him this morning and in my haste, wrote: "6foot4 hunka Swedish yumma" and now I'm just totally owning that quote :rofl: He cuts a foine figure in that tux, yowza :swoon:

Oh? Were there other pictures? The rest of the cast looked nice too, I suppose :P

screech
01-19-2010, 02:24 AM
I think (and not just because I'm biased) that ASkars was the snazziest dressed man of the night - classic tux and he didn't make it look casual like so many did. YUM! One website listed him as one of the best dressed men. I'm hoping that Joan Rivers and the E! crew agree (if only so we can see more of him in his tux).

And for those interested, the gossip blogs are going crazy - apparently Alex and Kate Bosworth were caught having some long kissy times at the HBO party (including ass grabbing) and left hand in hand together in a chauffeured car. The amusing thing is earlier in the evening Alex blatantly said 'I'm single'. But so far, no pictures...

Anyways, the SAG awards are on Saturday and True Blood is nominated for best TV ensemble. Hopefully we'll get to see the cast all looking snazzy there too!

And in watching the Golden Globe awards, I saw at the True Blood table that Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette) and Rutina Wesley (Tara) were also there. Though it was hard to see anyone else over Anna's cleavage (and sparklyness). I thought she looked great! And loved how she basically told Ryan Seacrest to shut up when he was being incessantly nosy about her relationship with Stephen Moyer on the red carpet.

In show news, Alan Ball said they're casting Debbie Pelt this week and the first appearance of the character should be around the 3rd episode.

Also, some on-screen sex news for the 1st episode: SPOILERS!!!!
Sam ended up in a backwoods Arkansas motel room with a familiar face. "It should be curious and confusing to viewers," teases Trammell. But Ryan Kwanten says his character, Jason Stackhouse, ups Sam by one. "My character wakes up in the first episode with two women beside him," Ryan boasts. The actor's also looking forward to seeing Jason enjoy a more meaningful romance. "He will find love in the werewolf world, and love is a pretty unknown concept for him."

So excited!!!

screech
01-20-2010, 04:39 AM
Some verrry interesting news for season 3 regarding a certain blood exchange that happened in the season 2 finale... (source: Ausiello at EW)

"If you’re one of the (many) True Blood viewers who suspected there might be fallout from Bill “donating” blood to save Sam’s life in the finale last September, go ahead and give yourself a gold star. The show’s boss, Alan Ball, tells me that in season 3, the hunks will forge “not just any connection, an erotic connection.”

How erotic? Ball wouldn’t say.

So, thoughts on a Bill/Sam flirtation? Too far-out or not far enough? And do you even care, so long as the subplot leaves Sookie free to explore her attraction to Eric?"

Very interesting... I hope that means we'll get to see stuff resulting from a certain other vamp/non-Sookie blood exchange and since Alex said he has sex with men and women this season, I think we will. Even if they do go the book route and have him have a 'relationship' with his maker - we are getting some Eric/Godric flashbacks, but I'm looking forward to some Lafayette/Eric fantasy sequences hee hee.

In non-spoiler news, there are some pictures of the cast at the HBO post Globes party at http://truebloodguide.com/2010/01/18/true-blood-cast-at-hbos-post-golden-globe-awards-party/. The pictures show Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer, Ryan Kwanten, Deborah Ann Woll, Michelle Forbes, Nelsan Ellis, Todd Lowe, Rutina Wesley, Mariana Klaveno, Sam Trammell, Alan Ball, and Anna Camp.

D&Sfan4ever
01-25-2010, 04:55 PM
More news about Eric, Sam and the rest of the cast.
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malkin/b163796_true_bloods_alexander_skarsgaringrd.html
http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/01/25/true-blood-hunks-happy-to-get-naked/
All I can say is: weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I want the new season to start now!!:D

screech
01-26-2010, 05:00 AM
You beat me D&Sfan!

It was great to see some of the non-main True Blood cast at the SAG Awards. Loved how when they showed the cast members when they were announced the camera lingered on Michael Macmillian (Steve Newlin) and you could see Mariana Klaveno (Lorena) and Anna Camp (Sarah Newlin) in the background. Also, loved how E! interviewed Rutina Wesley and Deborah Ann Woll, as well as Mechad Brooks - not the 3 cast members you'd expect them to interview. Rutina looked GORGEOUS, and I kind of loved Anna Paquin's dress though it's gotten mixed reviews (kind of understated for the awards show but she totally worked it).
Cast pictures on the red carpet (http://truebloodguide.com/2010/01/24/true-blood-cast-at-the-sag-awards/)

As for the spoilers, love Carrie's comments about Alex. I think we all knew he wasn't shy though, since last year doing the press for the season 2 premiere and all that, he was begging Alan Ball to give him nude scenes, saying how he's Scandanavian and they love to be naked. Also, I'm intrigued by his storyline for the season, as mentioned on the website http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2010/01/25/true-blood-star-alexander-skarsgard-is-all-about-nudity-and-revenge-in-season-3/ I wonder if what happened 1000 years ago is Eric's wife being killed, or his kids being killed or something... but then as for how he could be trying to get revenge, a vampire? But on the bright side, flashbacks = sexy Swedish speak and the return of the wig. And Godric.

On the red carpet, Todd Lowe (Terry Bellefleur) gave a bit about Terry, saying we see a lot more of Terry this year (not specifying whether it's nudity or screen time) and that it's building up to something, but he doesn't know how it's going to play out through the whole season.

http://truebloodguide.com/has interviews from the SAG red carpet with Todd, Debroah Ann, Carrie Preston (Arlene), Mariana, and Kristin Bauer (Pam). Todd IIRC is the only one who gives the slightest bit of spoiler, the others all just talk about how exciting it is to be there. And for those Lorena haters, Mariana seemed much prettier and much more likeable in her interview, with her normal accent.

On a different site I saw an Access Hollywood interview with Alex where he gives a bit of info confirming that he's naked in the first episode and kills someone in the 2nd. After being asked if it's a sex scene in which he's naked, he says that he's just naked by himself at Fangtasia (he was smiling though so he could easily be kidding about that) and the interviewer says that they should turn Fangtasia into a strip club and he says it's pretty much like that already, and we see more of that in season 3. He also says he hopes Eric kills lots of people, stating that it's his job as sherriff.

Is it June yet? GAH!

Spazactaz
01-26-2010, 08:00 AM
I started watching this show today. Watched the first 2 episodes. Not sure what I think yet, but I'll keep going and see what happens. :p

DBZ
01-26-2010, 08:31 AM
When does the 3rd season premiere?

And does anyone know if Barry--Sookie's fellow telepath--will be returning? I'm interested in seeing some more exposition on exactly what Sookie and Barry are.

D&Sfan4ever
01-26-2010, 04:14 PM
You beat me D&Sfan!
:D

When does the 3rd season premiere?
And does anyone know if Barry--Sookie's fellow telepath--will be returning? I'm interested in seeing some more exposition on exactly what Sookie and Barry are.

The season premiere is sometime next June.
As far as Barry is concerned, if I'm not sure, but I think that, according to the books, he should come back in season 7.

topaz
01-26-2010, 04:44 PM
"If you’re one of the (many) True Blood viewers who suspected there might be fallout from Bill “donating” blood to save Sam’s life in the finale last September, go ahead and give yourself a gold star. The show’s boss, Alan Ball, tells me that in season 3, the hunks will forge “not just any connection, an erotic connection.”

How erotic? Ball wouldn’t say.

So, thoughts on a Bill/Sam flirtation? Too far-out or not far enough? And do you even care, so long as the subplot leaves Sookie free to explore her attraction to Eric?"

I wonder about this, Sam is a shifter, I wouldn't think vamp blood would effect them the same way. As a shifter, Sam can heal pretty fast, this is what I hope they show this season, shifters heal quickly unless its a death blow. I'm hoping its an illusion scene with Daphne. Also, I can't see Sam wanting Bill when he still has feeling for Sookie. They don't like each other, Bill and Sam that is and both are jealous of each other.

screech
01-27-2010, 03:07 AM
I wonder about this, Sam is a shifter, I wouldn't think vamp blood would effect them the same way. As a shifter, Sam can heal pretty fast, this is what I hope they show this season, shifters heal quickly unless its a death blow. I'm hoping its an illusion scene with Daphne. Also, I can't see Sam wanting Bill when he still has feeling for Sookie. They don't like each other, Bill and Sam that is and both are jealous of each other.

I agree that it would be a bit weird. And it's not quite 'wanting' (remember Lafayette hates Eric, yet still has sexy dreams). And speaking of Lafayette and Eric, Nelsan Ellis who plays Lafayette has said that his character's only real connection to the supernatural world on the show is that he is Eric's henchman. So it looks like they're going to keep that going. I hope it results in more Pam/Lafayette interactions...

I really want to find out things that are going to happen to Pam and Jessica this season - they're pretty much the only ones (well, them and Andy, who I hope keeps his bromance with Jason going) that I haven't really heard anything about. My hope is that Jessica is left in Pam's custody while Bill is gone, and since Eric will presumably be preoccupied with getting on Sookie's good side by helping in her search for Bill, Jessica will need a guardian. And who better than Pam? And since Pam is bisexual, it could lead to some fun and interesting scenes with the two of them, especially since Pam is so awesomely bitchy and Jessica is gust getting out of her annoying stage. Since Kristin Bauer (Pam) has been given a promotion to cast regular now, it could be a possibility...

Nelsan has said that we will be seeing a lot of Eric and Pam tag-team action this year (YAY!) and that Eric will definitely be in every episode, and Pam is definitely in the first four.

On a different note, an indie film that Alexander Skarsgard has done is looking for a distributor. It's called Beyond the Pole.

True Bloodís Alexander Skarsgard stars in the indie film Beyond the Pole, which has received rave reviews. Unfortunately movie distributors arenít sure it has an audience, so filmmaker David Williams is going to the fans for help. He needs 10,000 Facebook fans to get the attention of a distributor. Help him out by becoming a fan of Beyond the Pole on Facebook and letís get this movie in theaters! - from true-blood.net. The facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-the-Pole/172486521602 Currently it has over 2000 fans.

The movie's synopsis:

Brian and Mark are setting out on the first Carbon Neutral, Vegetarian, and Organic expedition ever to attempt the North Pole. As a world first they have high hopes of getting into the Guinness Book of Records and, if all goes well, of saving the planet from Global Warming.

Unfortunately they have never done anything like this before. And they hadnít reckoned on the polar bears, the competitive gay Norwegians, or on Markís rapidly loosening grip on reality.

No one said saving the planet was easy, but does it have to be this hard?

BEYOND THE POLE is Touching the Void with laughs, and Withnail and I on ice. Funny and subversive itís the story of two men trying to find their place in the world before the end of the world. And it asks one question of us all: how far would you go to save the planet?
It's a mockumentary which looks hilarious, and Alex plays one of the gay Norwegians. Yes, Eric Northman as a gay Norwegian. The movie's website (with trailer) is at http://beyondthepole.com/

Orable
01-27-2010, 03:43 AM
ASkars as a gay Norwegian in an indie mockumentary? I'm so joining that FB group!

screech
01-30-2010, 04:56 AM
Joe Manganiello (Alcide) was out at an event in LA and he is definitely looking like Alcide now (and you can still see his hotness under his scruffiness).

http://truebloodnet.com/joe-manganiello-attends-1st-annual-art-los-angeles-contemporary/

Casting news:
Dawn Olivieri has been cast as Alcide's sister Janice. The description of the character is a bit different than in the book. Source with picture. (http://truebloodnet.com/true-blood-season-3-casting-news-meet-alcide-sister-jancie-herveaux/) I still haven't come across any info on the casting of Debbie, which I think, other than Alcide, is the most anticipated casting of the season.

Cast members were out at a concert event that seems to have been for the show. Jace Everett, who sings the show's theme song was there, as well as other artists whose songs were on the soundtrack (which is nominated for a Grammy award tomorrow). Cast members who were there included Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer, Todd Lowe, Michelle Forbes, Chris Bauer, Kristin Bauer. Some pictures and information are available at http://truebloodnet.com/photos-true-blood-cast-out-4-blood-concert/

screech
02-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Evan Rachel Wood is a cover girl/feature in the new issue of Vanity Fair which features 'The New Hollywood'. http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/features/2010/03/cover-girls-201003. They don't mention True Blood with her blurb, but we know she's there. Her hair is lighter than it was on TB but she looks gorgeous (though I prefer her red hair, personally).

A random thing: A quote on how ASkars picks his girlfriends:

I don't go for really dressy women. My family has a small cottage in the middle of nowhere in Sweden, it has no phone, TV or even shower - you have to swim in the lake to wash. I love it. Taking a girl there is a good indicator of whether she's right for me.
Um... I'm free to swim in the Swedish lake with you!

Nelsan Ellis will be joining other celebrities including cast members from Twilight in the “Twilight FanTrips’ Vampire Baseball Cajun-Style“ game at the Zephyr Stadium in New Orleans, Louisiana on Saturday, March 20 , 2010.