PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

rfisher
12-18-2009, 11:38 PM
and 'chances of getting naked'.

AS :grope: :swoon:

The new chair of the anthropology dept at the Uni is from Sweden. If I close my eyes, I can imagine he's Alex. He's not bad to look at with my eyes open, but he's no AS. :(

skategal
12-19-2009, 01:04 AM
Oooooooooh!! Can't wait for next season. :summer:

Lotsa eye candy. YUMMY!! :grope:

screech
12-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Another character from the books has been cast...
Lindsay Pulsipher has been cast as Crystal. I don't know about this - she looks absolutely nothing like I imagined Crystal to look, but hopefully her acting makes up for it.

Source (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/12/18/true-blood-scoop-beast-actress-joins-cast/)

screech
12-24-2009, 03:18 AM
A Lafayette spoiler:
Lafayette is going to get a boyfriend!! Supposedly we will se a more 'vulnerable' Lafayette in season 3. They are looking for a Latino guy in his 30s to play a 'lust interest' for our favourite chef. I hope they find someone damn sexy and worthy of our Lafayette!

screech
01-02-2010, 11:05 AM
A disappointing update on one of the new (previously mentioned) bits of casting:
Apparently, according to some gossip source, "Jason will be falling for an adorably little blonde named Crystal Norris in Season 3 who just so happens to be involved in a very anti-vampire cult."

This pisses me off, because Crystal is supposed to be a werepanther. If she isn't a werepanther then that means they won't be going that route with Jason, which is a big story point in later books, since she is the reason he becomes one. Personally I hope she's a vamp hating werepanther but to me that doesn't seem likely based on the bit of info I read. GAH! I love that Alan Ball takes liberties with the book to keep the fans hanging, but that's a serious plot point. That along with Bill's computer database are probably the 2 storylines that I'm most disappointed they're not following (I'm making assumptions, since Bill's database would have come into effect already based on his kidnapping). Huge storylines they are just not following. I'd rather have Crystal be a werepanther than have a storyline revolving around Eric and his Czech lover (though maybe a couple of sex scenes would be nice).

topaz
01-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Screech, to the spoiler info I have, Crystal will be a were, what type we don't know but I've seen casting spoilers for Calvin Norris and the town of hot shot.

The reason for the kidnapping looks to be "Lorena" related. How its related, not sure but you had to think something was brewing as how she left Bill before the bombing at Godrick's house.

I think the choice of Alcide is a good one. Alcide has always been described as handsome remember is heir to the Harveaux Construction Inc.

D&Sfan4ever
01-02-2010, 04:46 PM
A disappointing update on one of the new (previously mentioned) bits of casting:
(...) That along with Bill's computer database are probably the 2 storylines that I'm most disappointed they're not following (I'm making assumptions, since Bill's database would have come into effect already based on his kidnapping). Huge storylines they are just not following. (...).

Actually, I'm kinda glad He chose not to follow this one, Sorry, but i just never bought the idea of a computer vampire database, vampires and computers just don't mix for me. I'm dying to see the reason behind the kidnap, I hope is something more twisted that just a database

screech
01-03-2010, 05:46 AM
YAY, Topaz, you made my day.

I think it's obvious who the kidnapper is.

Alan tried to make it look like Eric for a minute with him saying he'd 'take care' of Bill on his own and then not showing Eric for the rest of the episode, but then Sookie and Eric would never end up hooking up. It's IMO obviously Lorena because she's pissed at him and Sookie and is all sorts of messed up. But in the show she has 'released' Bill so she can't force him to have sex with her, and in the books Bill's having sex with Lorena was one of the main reasons he and Sookie break up. Unless Bill is just insanely horny or something after being apart from Sookie...

If they don't go the Lorena route, it could be the Queen if Alan wants to mix things up, which would be a good way to bring her back for this season, since IIRC, Evan has said she'll be back in season 3. However they could just bring her back briefly for the audience to be filled in on some things regarding her relationship with Bill (if they go the book route regarding his reasons for going to Bon Temps).

I really wish some set photos would be leaked or something.

I can't find it anymore, but HBO released a video promo-ing their 2010 shows and there are about 3 seconds of new True Blood stuff. If I recall correctly, it showed Jessica baring her fangs, Sam at the bar, Sookie running out in her pretty purple dress and looking around, and Bill looking at (something), shirtless. There was no dialogue and just brief flashes of the scenes, but still... it's something!!! And it's new!!

Rhianna
01-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Just dropping in to say that Target has Season One on DVD on sale for $17 right now, thought it might be interesting information to someone in the thread.

topaz
01-04-2010, 01:16 AM
YAY, Topaz, you made my day.

I think it's obvious who the kidnapper is.

You forgot though, she is still stronger than Bill being his maker an all. Go back and look at episode 6 and/or 7. Lorena overpowers Bill on the bed and he is unable to fight off Lorena at Godrick's house. So technically she could "rape" Bill. But, I never thought Eric would "kidnap" Bill, he's Bill's sheriff, he does not need to kidnap him. He can simply send him on an errand or threaten to invite Lorena to Bon Temps :)

I actually didn't mind Lorena. She loves Bill, wanted him to be a different type of vampire. Unfortunately, he isn't a predator like her. She turned him because he was a gentleman, gentle, yet those qualities don't make a good predator.

I like to see the bad side of vampires and Lorena does not have remorse. She accepts who she is and she does not wish to retain her humanity.

I really wish some set photos would be leaked or something. There will be soon, I think filming started like 3 weeks before the holiday.

Orable
01-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Whee, thanks for the tip Rhianna!

Just dropping in to say that Target has Season One on DVD on sale for $17 right now, thought it might be interesting information to someone in the thread.

Regarding Crystal, I hope they keep her a werepanther from Hotshot. I never got the sense that Calvin Norris is any more anti-vamp than most weres, but I wouldn't mind if AB changed it up a bit and made Crystal into more than just cheap trash, the way she is in the books. Being actively anti-vamp might make her character a bit more bearable and would give Jason some interesting conflict. I do have to say, shallowly, that I'm irritated they got a blonde to portray her; CH is pretty clear on her description of Crystal and Crystal is a brunette dammit!

screech
01-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Some amazing news: HBO has signed Alan Ball to head up True Blood for 2 more seasons, which he says lets him assume that the show will be on at least until season 4. Being signed on until them sure makes it seem so... YAY!

In some Lafayette news:
Kevin Alejandro (Weeds, Ugly Betty, Southland) has been cast as Lafayette's love interest and will be appearing in almost every episode of season 3. He will be an orderly at a hospital taking care of Lafayette's mom (Alfre Woodard)

And don't forget: The People's Choice awards air tonight (Wednesday). True Blood has 3 nominations (Anna Paquin, Sci-Fi/Fantasy Show, TV Obsession)

ETA: For those fans of Eric, some minor (yet major) spoilers from an interview with Alan Ball...
Anything Ball can tell us about where Season Three is going? “Season Three is a big Eric [the vampire played by Alexander Skarsgard] season and Season Four is really big for Eric’s character, according to the books.” YAY!

flutzilla1
01-07-2010, 05:31 PM
For Sookie Stackhouse book devotees, the first chapter of Dead in the Family is up in PDF form at Charlaine Harris's website:

http://www.charlaineharris.com/DITFChpt1.pdf

screech
01-08-2010, 02:03 AM
Oh flutzilla - you rock!

My thoughts...
I kind of expected Amelia to leave but I'm sad to see it. I really liked her character, but at least its on good terms!
YAY! Sookie finally admitted that she loves Eric (though not to him) and it's good to see that things aren't all 'hunky dory' in her life - that she's still dealing. Kind of surprising to read that Sookie isn't reaching her 'completion' with Eric, but a bit more realistic that it's not happening for her and she can't let herself 'go'. Nice to know that Eric cares enough to ask if she's sure she wants to be having sex. Though we all knew he really cared.
The Claude bit was weird but good. So I guess Claude stayed behind? And I'm happy to see some more of JB - he always amused me. I really hope they bring him into the TV show.
Of course, now I just want to read more. Dammit!

Oh, in other news, True Blood won one of the People's Choice Awards they were nominated for - TV Obsession. YAY!

Also, there's been a brief video interview with ASkars from Extra circulating the internet. http://truebloodguide.com/2010/01/06/alexander-skarsgard-interview-with-extra-tv/. It was taken during the filming last summer of Straw Dogs. Of course the gossip blogs are focusing on the fact that he mentions how amazing Kate Bosworth had been (he says 'amazing' about her 3 times in about 10 seconds) and not focusing on the fact that he mentions she's been amazing during a couple of tough weeks, which likely included the filming of the famous (from the original and apparently also being done in this one) rape scene involving his and Kate's characters but I focus more on the fact they show some bits of filming and ask him about his favourite vampire. Plus the fact that he looks hot in his pink shirt during the filming bits.

screech
01-14-2010, 05:39 AM
Some casting news: The most important one being a certain bitchy female that will be important this season (and that Alan Ball has said he was looking forward to dealing with...)
[DEBBIE PELT] In her late 20s.. strung-out and stubborn, she is Alcide’s beloved ex who’s addicted to V…STRONG RECURRING (29) No nudity required. But will be seen in bra and panties.

[JANICE HERVEAUX] 32 years old, a fit.. tough-as-nails woman in biker gear, she is is Alcide’s protective older sister. Somewhat New Age, Janice is into horoscopes and psychics…GUEST STAR (17)

[KITCH MAYNARD] 17 years old (submit 18 to play 17).. cocky, Golden Boy, he’s the new high school football star who has replaced Jason as the hometown hero, and he enjoys rubbing it in Jason’s face…GUEST STAR (16) RECURRING. Possible car ass type nudity.

I kind of can't believe they're making Debbie a V addict. Are they going to make that the reason she and Alcide are apart? Not her being with someone else? I could see it working, but it's a big of a jump from the book. And as for Kitch Maynard... what the heck is 'car ass type nudity?' car ass?

In other news, a few photos of Sam Trammell (Sam) on set have been leaked, but it's just him with a dumpster - nothing too exciting.

Be sure to watch the Golden Globe awards this Sunday! The show is up for best drama series and Anna is nominated for 2 acting ones (True Blood and a tv movie she did) and has said she and Stephen will be doing the red carpet together. Alexander Skarsgard has also said he'll be attending the show. I kind of can't wait to see who all will be going (and what they'll be wearing of course).

Kristen from E! said she thinks Anna is a shoe-in to win for True Blood and that the show is favourite to win for best drama series. Here's hoping! (though I'm kind of grrr still that Lost wasn't even nominated. Seriously!?)