PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Evilynn
12-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Kristin Bauer (Pam) has been promoted to SERIES REGULAR for Season 3.

:cheer2: Yay!!! :cheer2: I love her as Pam (and love Pam in general)!

rfisher
12-09-2009, 01:31 PM
I kind of hope they drop the Jessica storyline. It was entertaining for a while, but they wrote it into a corner what with the whole re-virgin issue and her turning slutty vamp. Besides, if Bill is busy being tortured by his maker, who will be looking after her? I'm over she and Hoyt's unrequited love.

screech
12-09-2009, 04:44 PM
I think I read somewhere that Jessica and Hoyt are going to try to work through their issues. The Jessica re-virginizing made me wonder something about Pam though... Pam was a virgin when Eric turned her (in the books). So going by that logic she would have the re-virgining process. Unless he gave it to her while draining her... or dis I miss the mention of them having sex and then him turning her?

I kind of like that Jessica turned 'vamp' at the end - she was a bit too 'young' until then. But the question of who will look after her is good... maybe Pam! That would open up the Pam/omnisexual storyline quite nicely I think... cause we all know that Eric is going to try to help Sookie look for Bill in order to boff her (and make her fall for him). And Jessica might be open to experimenting with Pam, because she won't have to deal with the re-virginizing, and all things sexual are exciting to new vampires.

Orable
12-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Pam's awesome and KB is even awesomer. So YAY! I read somewhere AS making fun of her Swedish accent, saying she sounds like a Russian prostitute trying to speak Swedish. Which of course, led the interviewer to ask him how he knows what Russian prostitutes trying to speak Swedish sound like. To which he responded: :shuffle:

PML.

screech
12-11-2009, 03:32 AM
Alright, I come bearing a few things...

First up, the cover art for book 10, Dead in the Family (http://true-blood.net/2009/12/10/cover-art-for-sookie-book-10-released/), which is to be released in May 4 2010. Personally, I like it.

And show spoilers/speculation/teasers for season 3 from Rutina Wesley (Tara) and Alexander Skarsgard (Eric):
* Rutina says Tara will be dealing with her grief over Eggs’ death in the middle of all the Bon Temps drama, but there might be someone coming along to “sweep her off her feet.”
* Alexander confirms flashbacks to Eric’s past, saying “We’ll see Eric and someone else as a tag team – I don’t want to reveal from what era, but it’s a couple of really fun scenes.”
* Rutina also revealed that Don Swayze, brother of the late Patrick Swayze, will guest star, and Alexander teased us with news that a well-known person could appear later in the season. “There’s one that I’m hoping we can get towards the end of Season 3,” he revealed. “It’s not official yet and something I’m pretty excited about – someone that I’d very, very much enjoy working with.”

I'm looking forward to the Eric/(I assume) Godric tag-teaming. And I want to know who they're trying to get! My guess is it'll be someone to play Hallow, which will set up season 4 nicely...

Also, some of you may be familiar with this, but True Blood and the new show Glee have quite the connections:
- Patrick Gallagher (Chow) plays Ken Tanaka on Glee. Patrick still has his role on True Blood. I guess the Glee hiatus is perfect timing for him to head back to the vampire fun of Louisiana. Patrick is the most obvious connection
- Kevin McHale plays Artie on Glee (the one in the wheelchair). Kevin played Neil - the young coroner who was also at Fangtasia. He was in 2 episodes (Season 1 episode 4 - he's the one who looks shifty and hurries away when Sookie enters Fangtasia with Bill, and Season 1 episode 6)
- Anna Camp (Sarah Newlin) had a couple minutes of airtime in a very minor role on this weeks episode. I haven't seen it yet, but apparently it's the truth!

Orable
12-11-2009, 06:22 AM
Whee, Glee/TB connections :cheer2:

Anna Camp had me ROFL with her ditzy judge routine on Glee :D I'll be honest and say that I totally didn't recognize her, but I kept wondering who she was bc she looked so freakin familiar.

I wonder if the book character JB DuRone will be introduced on the show? ::pure speculation::
I remember the time when someone on FSU wrote-yelled at me for calling Ken Tanaka "Coach Chow" on the Glee thread. I was trying to honor his Vampiness, not be racist :shuffle: But like Albi the Racist Dragon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-jVAHAuiS4), I soon learned the error of my ways and cleared it up :saint:

screech
12-11-2009, 06:37 AM
Haha yeah, on Glee I keep picturing him with fangs, and when I re-watch True Blood episodes I imagine him bursting out into songs, which makes me kind of crave a horrible musical episode of the show... well we know that he and Stephen Moyer can sing, and that Anna Paquin plays the cello, and Todd Lowe (Terry) is musical too... muahahahaha

I can't wait to see the new Glee (like I said, I haven't been able to see it yet). But I had to re-watch those TB episodes with Kevin McHale to see him, and really, it doesn't look like him. His voice is the only way I knew it really was him.

rfisher
12-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Haha yeah, on Glee I keep picturing him with fangs, and when I re-watch True Blood episodes I imagine him bursting out into songs, which makes me kind of crave a horrible musical episode of the show... well we know that he and Stephen Moyer can sing, and that Anna Paquin plays the cello, and Todd Lowe (Terry) is musical too... muahahahaha

Like the musical Buffy episode? :lol:

Orable
12-15-2009, 10:39 PM
New cast member! Joe Manganiello as Alcide is hawt :grope: and just like I imagined him, only a shade or two lighter than my head.

Article (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3if667a78777fe70e18ec1275a82d58704)

screech
12-16-2009, 02:30 AM
I'm kind of pleased with the Alcide choice. I'm used to seeing him in a comedic role form his recurring bits on HIMYM but he's fricken HOT! I hope they give him green contacts though...

Also, Alfre Woodard will be joining the cast to guest star as Lafayette's estranged mom. She's supposed to be homophobic and deeply religious. could be pretty amazing. Maybe this is the 'well known' star Alexander hinted at the show trying to get for the end of the season?

They have also cast a (not so welcome) role: Yvette, Eric's vampire sex-buddy will be played by Actress-model Natasha Alam (The Bold and the Beautiful). The source says the role could be 'potentially recurring'. Source (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/12/15/true-blood-natasha-alam-cast/)

First the show has Glee craziness, now it's Bold and the Beautiful (her and Ashley Jones are from B&tB)...

Oh, and in other True Blood news, True Blood was nominated for 2 Golden Globe awards: Best actress in a drama series (Anna Paquin, who won for it last year) and Best Drama Series. Anna was also nominated for a TV movie or miniseries that she did. Personally I don't think the show was on the top of its game this year (and can't believe it was nominated over Lost) but I'm happy for any recognition it gets. And in my opinion, if anyone had to be nominated for acting for the show I'd vote for Nelsan Ellis as Lafayette or Michelle Forbes as Maryanne. I didn't like Maryanne but Michelle rocked it as her. Or Alexander Skarsgard if only for the rooftop scene. But congratulations to the show!

Evilynn
12-16-2009, 08:52 AM
New cast member! Joe Manganiello as Alcide is hawt :grope: and just like I imagined him, only a shade or two lighter than my head.

Article (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3if667a78777fe70e18ec1275a82d58704)

I'm good with that choice (especially the pics on IMDB with him in longer hair, I've always thought Alcide should be kinda shaggy looking), although I've never seen him in anything, I think. I was a bit worried when they were talking about Rudy Reyes getting the part...

Satellitegirl
12-16-2009, 01:55 PM
Not a bad choice, but I hope they give him some shaggy shoulder-length hair or something. And keep him with a 5 o'clock shadow.

And rfisher....love the musical Buffy episode. Best musical episode any show has done imo.

Evilynn
12-17-2009, 09:52 AM
And rfisher....love the musical Buffy episode. Best musical episode any show has done imo.

I'm seconding this. I normally don't like musicals, so I wasn't too keen on seeing that particular Buffy ep, but it rocked! :rollin:

screech
12-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Though no individual nominations, True Blood got a Screen Actor's Guild nomination for best ensemble cast of a Drama series. YAY!

screech
12-18-2009, 11:04 PM
Came across this when doing my regular TB checks...

http://www.movieline.com/2009/12/whos-who-and-whos-doing-who-in-true-blood-season-3.php?page=1

It's all about the new cast-members. Who the actor/actress is, who they are playing, a bit of backstory and 'chances of getting naked'. It also offers a 'scruffier' picture of Joe Mangianello (Alcide). Looks a bit like John Stamos in that picture though (not that I'm complaining).