PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Orable
11-02-2009, 07:44 PM
I bought the box set that was books 1-7 and then realized that book 8 and 9 were already out in print. So I bought book 8, since it's in paperback now and have been holding out to buy book 9 til it comes out in paperback. I can't wait to read it!

This series is such a guilty pleasure :o

Flutzilla, I just IMDB'd Carrie Preston and she's not credited with any Flash Forward episode. However, I just realized that she's married to Michael Emerson! Wow!

screech
11-03-2009, 04:02 PM
And Carrie played Michael's mom on Lost. Crazy! Apparently she suggested playing that role. And I remember reading somewhere that once Lost is done he'd like to do a guest spot on True Blood, which would be kind of cool cause he'd make either a really awesome creepy vampire, or a really awesome creepy FotS guy.

Some not overly spoilery tidbits I just came across:
- They are probably going to play out Pam's diverse preferences on the show. Kristen Bauer has expressed a willingness to do so. No idea if/when they would explore that. Kristen stated that she'd love to have it happen with Ginger, stating "Ginger’s hot. Ginger’s fun. She’s a screamer and she’s a blood donor.”

And the awesome news:
Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette) has stated that while he's closest on set to Rutina Wesley (Tara) because they went to school together, he'd like to work more with Alexander Skarsgard, stating the reasons as 'he's a good actor, we've become good friends and I like the dude a lot'.
He was asked if we'd ever see any of Lafayette's dreams about Eric, and he went on to say the awesomeness that is: "I think I heard Alan Ball say there might be a scene or two. Why, do you want to see that? You wanna see me and Alex getting it on?" (this was at an event, so apparently the audience screamed and applauded.)

Orable
11-03-2009, 04:46 PM
- They are probably going to play out Pam's diverse preferences on the show. Kristen Bauer has expressed a willingness to do so. No idea if/when they would explore that. Kristen stated that she'd love to have it happen with Ginger, stating "Ginger’s hot. Ginger’s fun. She’s a screamer and she’s a blood donor.”
Awesome :lol:

He was asked if we'd ever see any of Lafayette's dreams about Eric, and he went on to say the awesomeness that is: "I think I heard Alan Ball say there might be a scene or two. Why, do you want to see that? You wanna see me and Alex getting it on?" (this was at an event, so apparently the audience screamed and applauded.)
ZOMG, yes! Ball better not mess this up! :cheer:

oakl0008
11-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Twighlight1: He'll be selling the "V" and his storyline will probably just be minor bit part next year.

:rolleyes: If that conclusion is even in Alan Ball's head, I'm assuming he wants a backlash towards True Blood.

The fact that lovely Lafayette is killed off so early in the books is why I won't bother to read them. Here is where I agree that straying from the original story can make a TV series that much better.

Considering the forgettable Queen Of Louisianna is now a character on the show (I like her, but she doesn't do it for me like the rest of the cast does and I have read how many others feel the same way), if the powers that be ever consider reducing the supporting roles, especially a role as colourful as Lafayette's in favor of more Bill/Sookie/Eric, which is already the centre of a great show, the whole series will be thrown off blance and become one-dimensional. It's happened with other shows. I really hope that doesn't happen here.

True Blood may have started as a show built around one or two stars (3 now that Eric's character has exploded), it's success has so much to do with the fact that great actors and signicant purposes were given to members of the supporting cast.

Many True Blood fans really want to see more of Lafayette, along with Tara, Jason, Sam, etc. Some bonus footage with some indepth stories of them would be well recieved. :)

screech
11-04-2009, 02:08 AM
I don't think that Alan will marginalize the supporting characters. Look at last season: in book 2 it's all about Dallas, then about 2 chapters talking about the orgy. Yes, people didn't like all the orgy stuff in season 2, but they managed to work it involving Sam and Tara, Arlene and Terry got some stuff there too, Lafayette went through PTSD, Jason joined a cult, Jessica got a boyfriend...

Nelsan was among the actors at ComicCon last year. He isn't one of the 'main' actors, but his popularity is such that he sat and participated with them on the panel. That alone indicates that they know his popularity and won't screw that up. Yes, he'll probably still sell the V, but with Sam gone to find his family, and Sookie likely off looking for Bill, maybe he'll be running Merlotte's. Maybe he and Terry will interact more because of their PTSD. Who knows. He'll deal with his Eric hatred/attraction (hopefully Alan goes through with the dreams). I don't think he'll be marginalized.

Orable
11-04-2009, 05:04 AM
The fact that lovely Lafayette is killed off so early in the books is why I won't bother to read them. Here is where I agree that straying from the original story can make a TV series that much better.
You should read them - at least try them before judging (if you haven't read them, how do you know the show is better than the books? :huh: ). Lafayette the character isn't really all that lovely (or interesting) in the books, so killing him off doesn't skewer the fun factor of the books. The book series is really pretty different from the tv show, and I can see where some people might argue that the books suffer in comparison (for ex: Charlaine Harris isn't much of a talented writer. What she does have is a very creative and fun imagination :)), but they are totally a fun read. I'd recommend them for fun, light reading any day :watch:

rfisher
11-04-2009, 10:26 AM
The books set up the conflict between Sookie/Bill and Sookie/Eric better than the TV series has done. plot spoiler alert Such as the reveal by Eric that Bill was sent to recruit Sookie on orders of the Queen which is an important plot point.

screech
11-04-2009, 12:51 PM
The books set up the conflict between Sookie/Bill and Sookie/Eric better than the TV series has done. plot spoiler alert Such as the reveal by Eric that Bill was sent to recruit Sookie on orders of the Queen which is an important plot point.

Alan has said they may still go that route (he has never hinted that they won't, I think he just says 'may' because he doesn't want anything to be blatantly obvious) but that doesn't come into play until book 5 I think. They've hinted at things though, like:
- in season 1 where they are in Eric's office in the episode immediately after Bill stakes Longshadow and Bill says something like "Sookie must be protected!" to which Eric responds with "Now that sounds like an edict, but it couldn't be because I would know about that," and Bill's resulting eye shift.
- and at Sophie-Anne's, Eric's mentioning Sookie's drinking Bill's blood right after they met (hinting at maybe some deeper reason Bill did it)

Though some of the season 3 spoilers don't seem overly hopeful for S/E fans, they can't make them deeply in love too early on, especially since they don't have a relationship until book 4, even though it's not really normal, but their relationship doesn't get meaningful until book 8 and 9 - that many seasons of 'tra la la la la' relationshipness wouldn't be good for the show. We may want more E/S but they can't give us too much too fast, no matter how we may want it.

However, from book 3, I'm hoping for the bed/healing stuffbefore Sookie rescues Bill where she and Eric fool around a bit and she drinks his blood, before being interrupted, though I don't know by who, since Bubba isn't around.

Also, from book 3, I'm wondering if they'll do the whole 'trunk' thing where Bill attacks Sookie - personally I hope so, as it comes up afterwards, and since they did the Gabe/attempted rape thing, it doesn't sound like something they'd shy away from.

And I read some spoilers for season 3 - some we kind of knew before, some we didn't, and some aren't really spoilers:
- The arc of Bill's kidnapping will last "about six episodes." That sounds like just enough time to put Sookie through the wringer, but not enough to try viewers' patience. Plus, we'll probably still get to see Bill deal with his captors in episodes 1-5. The 'not trying viewers patience' thing makes me laugh - they didn't think they were trying our patience with the Maryanne stuff? Maybe they learned, though I wouldn't mind seeing how they would do more than 6 episodes of the kidnapping
- We (and Sam) meet his family
- I love this: Werewolves are coming to True Blood, and Ball offered a preview of what his wolf-people will look like. "They're just wolves," Ball said. "It's just people who can turn into wolves, but they're slightly bigger and much stronger. Their eyes glow orange a little bit." I'm glad they're just doing it simply and not going all crazy CGI with it.
- Jason will be trying (possibly successfully!) to stay out of trouble. Which is good, since in 2 seasons he's been a drug addict, accused of murder and joined a cult.
- Sophie-Anne will be back and possibly getting in trouble because of her V dealings - not a good thing if other vamp authorities find out. Speaking of SA, Allan described her and the vamp king of Mississippi, and I like his description and comparison of them: Ball said the Vampire King of Mississippi is coming in season three. He provides a contrast to Sophie-Anne, the Vampire Queen of Louisiana (Evan Rachel Wood). "He's older," Ball said. "He's much more mature. He's much more methodical and grounded. She's kind of crazy. To me, she's kind of like Paris Hilton/Lindsay Lohan, where she has a very short attention span and she's very, very egomaniacal and very self-obsessed and doesn't really think about her actions, whereas the Vampire King is very much an adult. He has an agenda. He has things he wants to achieve. I think he's much more formidable than she is."
- And going with what I mentioned about Eric/Bill earlier... the writers don't plan on indulging the fans demanding more Eric (yet) "You know, what's funny is that he's in the first two books; he's a fairly minor character in Sookie's universe," one of the writers said. "There's a lot of fan pressure that they're supposed to be this big romantic thing, which actually in Charlaine [Harris]'s books doesn't happen until much, much further down. I think if we did that, we'd probably bore them all to death. I think part of the magic of Eric is some of the mystery of Eric and the inaccessibility of Eric. I think you don't want to turn them into the nice romantic love interest who's in every scene. I think his danger is important, so not just throwing him up whenever somebody wants to see his bare chest is actually a more disciplined approach." Makes sense in my opinion, as much as I want to see his bare chest (and I kind of love how they've teased us with Alex's nudity by not showing us anything at all, though he's been naked. Clever!!

Just, oh, about 8 more months? Stupid hiatus.

Evilynn
11-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Alan has said they may still go that route (he has never hinted that they won't, I think he just says 'may' because he doesn't want anything to be blatantly obvious) but that doesn't come into play until book 5 I think. They've hinted at things though, like:
- in season 1 where they are in Eric's office in the episode immediately after Bill stakes Longshadow and Bill says something like "Sookie must be protected!" to which Eric responds with "Now that sounds like an edict, but it couldn't be because I would know about that," and Bill's resulting eye shift.
- and at Sophie-Anne's, Eric's mentioning Sookie's drinking Bill's blood right after they met (hinting at maybe some deeper reason Bill did it)

There was also some pretty heavy foreshadowing at the end of season 2, in an exchange between Bill and Sam, where Sam says "You suffer more hiding something than you do if you face up to it."

screech
11-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Do any True Blood fans watch "Flash Forward"? If so can anyone tell me if that was the actress who plays Arlene (Carrie Preston) on the train with Dominic Monaghan's character? I know she is blond IRL and I was pretty sure it was her, then again maybe I am just in TB withdrawal...:)

Having finally watched the episode, it was Daphne who was on FlashForward.

And another Season 3 spoiler, this one from TV guide and in response to the question of whether Terry and Arlene will still be together upon the show's return:
Yep. Executive producer Alan Ball told us that the happy couple “will make a surprising discovery that will bring them closer together.” Translation: All that free lovin’ they did under Maryann’s spell will result in an unplanned pregnancy. I hope the baby has hair that looks like a sunset after a bomb went off.

screech
11-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Because of worries that were mentioned before regarding Alcide, I came across some info on the E! website.

Well, we caught up with True Blood boss Alan Ball last night, and he assures us that Alcide is present and accounted for in season three. (Woo!)

Alan tells us that not only does Alcide appear, but that he's bringing his backstory from the books with him: "Alcide Herveaux is going to be on TV. We haven't cast him yet, but I believe he appears first in the third episode."
Can I get a YAY!!! I could just definitely see a Colin Farrell type as Alcide. Or a Rufus Sewell.

God, still like 7 more months? Gah!

Also, the Season 2 premiere just happened in Paris, and there's a video with Alexander, Sam, Rutina and Michelle answering some questions. Some important things I learned: Sam can speak some French, Rutina is absolutely stunning, and Alexander can sorta kinda (but also kinda not) but mostly really rock the dorky professor look (and is 8 feet taller than everyone else). They talk about what season 2 was about, strong females, sex, Eric's hair playing a big role in the first few episodes, and how, according to Alexander, "he's a big baby."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE-lTcZVuKE

Satellitegirl
11-10-2009, 03:09 PM
I could see the guy who played the Arabian dude from the Mummy movies, playing Alcide. :swoon:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004912/ Oded Fehr

screech
11-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Some new True Blood stuff (no spoilers)

HBO has announced that in July they will be releasing some True Blood busts. (http://true-blood.net/2009/11/13/coming-soon-true-blood-collectible-busts-photos/#tvg). They actually did a really good job capturing the likeness of the actors (especially Stephen as Bill). Personally I'm a fan of the arm and ab definition they showed on the Eric bust.

Alexander stated in an interview that they are doing press in London for the first 2 seasons of the show and then immediately after they head back to start trying on costumes for season 3. (YAY! It's getting closer...) For those who are interested, he was asked point blank and replied 'no comment' to the Evan Rachel Wood and Kate Bosworth rumors.

Alexander, Stephen and Ryan are featured in GQ's Men of the Year (December 2009) issue. I haven't seen any pictures with Stephen or Ryan, but Alex's picture (http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/gDNRE1capx1Xh-ewH94HAw52829) is pretty nice to look at... Also, in a video clip from the People magazine website of the 100 sexiest men alive, those 3 men are also featured, so it appears they'll be in the issue. I don't think any will make the 'sexiest' (not 'famous' enough) but nice to know they're getting noticed.

rfisher
11-15-2009, 02:37 PM
Sigh. Long hair; short hair; it doesn't matter. He's a damn fine looking man.

Orable
11-15-2009, 11:04 PM
What are the Kate Bosworth and ERW rumors?