PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

rfisher
10-19-2009, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the links Screech.

Has anybody bought CH's new compilation of all the Sookie short stories? I may have to get it just so the collection is complete.

screech
10-19-2009, 03:13 AM
I haven't bought Touch of Dead yet - I'm expecting it in the mail soon from my brother as a birthday present. I caress it fondly though when I walk by it in the stores.

And no problem on the Scream Award info. I always know that you guys will be as dorky about True Blood as I am (that's a compliment by the way), so I had to share.

Evilynn
10-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Apparently he dedicated his award to his 5th grade shop teacher for being his 'evil' inspiration.

:lol: Are they all evil? or is it just the Swedish ones?

screech
10-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Just a reminder that the Scream Awards will be airing on Spike TV tonight at 10/9c. The True Blood cast was present and won some, so be sure to check it out and watch our favourite supernatural beings!

Satellitegirl
10-27-2009, 01:24 PM
thanks, i'll try and remember to watch them :)

screech
10-28-2009, 03:32 AM
None of the others have been posted yet, but
Alexander Skarsgard wins Best Villain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhfBsUeCg54)

I think I saw Rutina Wesley (Tara) and Mike MacMillian (Steve) sitting in his row when he heads up to the stage.

flutzilla1
10-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Saw these spoilers and was not terribly happy:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b150964_what_kind_of_monster_kidnapped_bill.html

WTH is up with Alcide not possibly being in the first episode (or at all)? And the Eric girlfriend thing sounds idiotic. Why would he have a girlfriend if he has feelings for Sookie? Guess then that the other spoiler I read about Alan Ball being quoted as saying they are 'fated' to be together was a fib? (sigh) I'm all for new characters when they work well (Jessica), but there seem to be a lot of unnecessary additions this next season, and further proof that they will be straying farther and farther away from the books. How disappointing.

Satellitegirl
10-28-2009, 06:39 PM
yeah if they don't have Alcide in the show, I'm going to wish I didn't read the books yet, because he's one of my favorite characters.

screech
10-29-2009, 09:00 AM
They said there's no Alcide in the first episode, not that he won't be there at all. Alan has said he's looking forward to Debbie Pelt, which means Alcide. And Alcide will be important in subsequent seasons. I think Alan has even mentioned Alcide before, so he'll be there

As for Eric, they said Yvette is his lover, not his girlfriend. Eric may want Sookie, but he's still a vampire. He needs blood and booty. He'll still get with Sookie - Alan has said they will go that route, but they can't make it easy. We want it but it would be boring if it were too easy (which is what Stephen Moyer says about Bill and Sookie). I don't think it's anything to worry about - plus it's an excuse to see Alexander do sex scenes and have nudity! And it may drive Sookie more, the jealousy that she likely won't want to deal with.

From True Blood's official twitter - quotes/spoilers for season 3 http://twitter.com/truebloodhbo

A direct quote from Alan: "Alexander Skarsgard appears without most of his clothes in the very first episode of S3." This must be where we meet Yvette. And YAY for the naked Eric. We've only been teased so far.

They confirmed more Godric flashbacks in Season 3 (yay!). And explained that the Godric death scene was done in just 2 takes because the sun was coming up. Brilliant acting if that was all they had to do it in.

There will be more Pam and Nan Flannagan next season (as long as there's Pam, I'm happy. I hope Kristen Bauer gets upgraded to 'regular' status and added to the opening credits)

Alan: "Bill will not be marginalized. Bill and Sookie will have troubles. But, Bill and Sookie have a connection that will not die." (follows the books with the troubles but connection)

And we will see Evan Rachel Wood again The fans shouted that she was miscast. I disagree - I think she was pretty great at getting the mature brat thing down. I think fans are just more annoyed with her (for the most part) because of the rumors she and Alexander got together off camera.

There are a big boatload of new characters in S3. Even the Newlins may appear again. (YAY! I love Mike MacMillian who played Steve)

This made me laugh: Fan, "Can Eric have amnesia in pink spandex?" Alan, "Don't go there." I personally want Eric to have season 4 amnesia in his red speedo undies (pink spandex would work too)

flutzilla1
10-29-2009, 03:36 PM
They confirmed more Godric flashbacks in Season 3 (yay!). And explained that the Godric death scene was done in just 2 takes because the sun was coming up. Brilliant acting if that was all they had to do it in.

There will be more Pam and Nan Flannagan next season (as long as there's Pam, I'm happy. I hope Kristen Bauer gets upgraded to 'regular' status and added to the opening credits)

Well, both those bits ARE great news. But I'm still not onboard with most of the other spoilers. Still don't like the Eric love interest and especially hate the zombies. I mean, really, zombies? Won't the whole Mississippi and werewolf thing be enough for one season without throwing zombies in the mix too??

screech
10-30-2009, 02:06 AM
Well, both those bits ARE great news. But I'm still not onboard with most of the other spoilers. Still don't like the Eric love interest and especially hate the zombies. I mean, really, zombies? Won't the whole Mississippi and werewolf thing be enough for one season without throwing zombies in the mix too??

I'm not quite on board with the Eric thing, but I think that in the long run it will be good for him and Sookie, having that obstacle and everything - she may realize her feelings better because she'll have some jealousy. Plus they know we're all going to hate the lover, so they must be doing it for a reason and know that we'll want it to end and will make it happen. I have faith.

As for the last thing you mentioned, I agree. We have enough supernatural beings on the show. But maybe it will be some drug related thing if it involves Jason... who knows. I will withhold judgement until I see it though.

flutzilla1
10-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Do any True Blood fans watch "Flash Forward"? If so can anyone tell me if that was the actress who plays Arlene (Carrie Preston) on the train with Dominic Monaghan's character? I know she is blond IRL and I was pretty sure it was her, then again maybe I am just in TB withdrawal...:)

Satellitegirl
11-02-2009, 05:55 PM
finished book 3....definitely my favorite book so far.

rfisher
11-02-2009, 06:04 PM
finished book 3....definitely my favorite book so far.

You'll like 4 even better. :grope:

Satellitegirl
11-02-2009, 06:50 PM
bought 4 at lunch :D