PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Satellitegirl
10-01-2009, 02:23 PM
I just finished the second book and have started the 3rd.....definitely see all the differences now. I wish they would have stayed with the book a little more with regard to maryanne...meaning I wish so much of it hadn't focused on her and dragged on.....some of the other changes(like with Godric) I like, that Alan Ball made. Overall I like what Ball has done with the story, only a few things that i wish he'd stuck to the books on. Like maryanne....and it would have been nice if he'd kept Stan in the story(and Bubba)

rfisher
10-01-2009, 02:39 PM
We were robbed of Bubba. :wuzrobbed:

I guess they'd have had to pay the Presley estate money.

screech
10-02-2009, 03:55 AM
What does?

I thought the older the vampire, the quicker and stronger they are. It makes sense those vampires would be atop the hierarchy of power.

In the books it's based a lot on politics (people just taking over when the reigning monarch dies, or fighting for the title, or bribery and blackmail) and marrying kings/queens of kingdoms and then if they die, taking over, or states merging to be ruled by one monarch. These are ways that I recall being mentioned in the books...

In the books it is kind of mentioned that Eric could have easily been king but it's not something he desires.

I was mistaken - in the book she is 1100 years old (as was mentioned) but in the show they wanted her to be about 500. Though Evan Rachel Wood definitely fits the physical description of Sophie from the books. From wikipedia,

In the sixth novel, Definitely Dead, Sookie describes Sophie-Anne as beautiful and pale as milk, with reddish brown hair, large and tilted brown eyes. Sophie-Anne is also portrayed as an elegant woman, around five foot two, always groomed down to the last eyelash. "Makeup, dress, hair, stockings, jewelry-the whole nine yards".

And count me in the minority, but I kind of loved ERW!

We were robbed of Bubba. :wuzrobbed:

I guess they'd have had to pay the Presley estate money.

Alan Ball has said that in the books it's the real Elvis, but in the show you'd know it's an impersonator so it kind of ruins the 'magic' of it, that's why he hasn't included Bubba. I love Bubba in the books, but I completely get Alan's reasons.

Just read this on wikipedia:

In the short story, Dracula Night by Charlaine Harris, Eric hosts a party at Fangtasia each February 8th to celebrate the birthday of Dracula with hopes that the "Lord of Darkness" will make a personal appearance.
I cannot wait for A Touch of Dead to come out so I can read that. That is fricken brilliant!

Matryeshka
10-02-2009, 05:40 AM
They could have an impersonator on there nd leave it open for interpretation as to whether it's the real Elvis or a total loon. It's not a huge stretch, as book Bubba is definitely more than a few fries short of a Happy Meal. That could be kinda fun.

Can you see the arguments Jason and Andy could have over is-he-isn't-he? :rofl:

screech
10-05-2009, 07:19 AM
Random but I just noticed last week...

Ken Tanaka on Glee is Chow!!! Every time I see Chow now when re-watching episodes I'm going to imagine him singing 'I'm Gonna Sex You Up' And every time I watch Glee and Ken in his tight short shorts I'll be picturing him with fangs. So awesome!!

Satellitegirl
10-12-2009, 09:02 PM
http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2009/10/09/true-blood-creator-alan-ball-gives-up-the-goods-on-season-three/?iref=werecommend

some tidbits from Alan Ball.

screech
10-13-2009, 03:20 AM
Alan has also said that a character will die in season 3, and we won't be upset with who it is. which leads me to believe they will be following the books with Bill's kidnapping/

Also, I watched a clip on http://www.truebloodguide.com that had me cracking up. Anna Paquin was on a British talk show and they informed her of a South African comedy group that are huge fans of hers and have a song about her. It's hilarious and her reaction to it is awesome. The video is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvJAoLgqE3U. I actually downloaded the song because it's so catchy.

Satellitegirl
10-13-2009, 08:21 PM
lol that was cute

screech
10-14-2009, 02:12 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwrap/true_blood_co_stars_bring_it_to_XOn4ziPOSH62rJTzZg 0psO

Anna and Stephen will be starring in a movie together that will be directed by Anna's brother.

In TB news, Alan Ball has dished some more on Season 3 and just general TB. Without giving away real spoilers... The more spoilerish things I'll tag it though just in case

- werewolves and the Mississipi vamp king
- Debbie Pelt
- Everyone struggling with identity and some people questioning whether they are human
- Though Godric is dead, there are 1000 years of flashback territory with Eric to explore (YAY!!)
- Eric has broken out and is a big important character now (and I'm hoping that Alexander will get to have his name moved up in the credits as such with the 5 main actors)
- Arlene and Terry are going to have a little bit more of a life and more of a presence on the show.

- Andy is related to someone and will be rather shocked to find out who it is (he doesn't specify whether this will happen in S3 but he did mention it)
- A not so nice vampire named Franklin Mott (I'm wondering if he will be introduced via similar methods as in the books and if so, how they heck they'll accomplish that)
- We’ll find out a little bit more about exactly what Sookie is
- Bill and Sookie’s relationship will be put to a serious, serious test
- Sam’s gonna meet his biological family
- Jessica and Hoyt are still trying to deal with everything that happened to them

Orable
10-14-2009, 04:41 AM
Eric flashback? Yes, please! :cheer:

Did they cast Alcide yet?

screech
10-14-2009, 08:24 AM
Haven't heard about any Alcide casting. But I did read an interview with Michael Macmillian (Steve Newlin) where he says that Steve and Sarah will be back at some point in season 3.

Also we will find out immediately who took Bill, but those on the show don't find out until later on, and Sookie will have self-blame about the kidnapping - thinking that maybe he was upset she didn't say 'yes' right away and left, though she does really believe he was taken, and not willingly)

flutzilla1
10-16-2009, 04:17 PM
More spoilers here from TV Guide and Alan Ball:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/True-Blood-Tidbits-1010929.aspx

This one had me doing jumping jacks of happiness:

Sookie and Eric: Sookie's been seeing visions of her and Eric getting ahem friendly. Will their romance actually progress, not just in her head? "I can definitely tell you [we'll see that] in the show. I don't know if it will necessarily be in Season 3. Of course they're going to come together, it's fated. It's not something that's going to happen right off the bat."

screech
10-16-2009, 05:10 PM
I think that'll be in season 4 if they follow the books... which I'm hella looking forward to and they damn well better include a shower with the package. We were robbed of pink spandex, we must have the shower. And the red speedo undies. My guess is this season will have more fantasies and maybe a certain bedroom scene in Mississippi if they follow the books

Also giddy at the absolute confirmation that Godric will be back in a flashback. I heart him... I just re-watched Eric's flashback from this season and thought Godric was all the hotness with his dread hair and everything. Plus Allan Hyde who played him was brilliant! And we'd get to see Eric with his long hair again, and more Swedish dialogue plus just awesome maker/child interaction. Though I'm wondering if they're going to go the same route with Eric and his maker as they did with the books... I can't see Godric forcing Eric into anything, but during the 'turning' scene Godric was saying things like 'beautiful' and just his fascination with Eric... I'm not opposed!

Satellitegirl
10-16-2009, 06:46 PM
More spoilers here from TV Guide and Alan Ball:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/True-Blood-Tidbits-1010929.aspx

This one had me doing jumping jacks of happiness:

Sookie and Eric: Sookie's been seeing visions of her and Eric getting ahem friendly. Will their romance actually progress, not just in her head? "I can definitely tell you [we'll see that] in the show. I don't know if it will necessarily be in Season 3. Of course they're going to come together, it's fated. It's not something that's going to happen right off the bat."

Thank god...I thought they might "respect" the whole Steven/Anna thing and not have her involved with Eric much...which would really suck.

screech
10-19-2009, 01:18 AM
The Scream Awards for Spike TV took place this weekend and though it won't air until the 27th, the winners were announced. I'll hide the TB ones behind spoiler...

- Anna Paquin won for best Horror actor Female, presented by Jackie Earle Haley
- Stephen Moyer won for best Horror Actor Male, presented by Liv Tyler (and apparently thanked Alan Ball for being such a good matchmaker... awww). He was walking with a cane, supposedly having hurt his knee
- Alexander Skarsgard won for best villain (though we all know Eric isn't really a villain), presented by his Straw Dogs costar Kate Bosworth. Apparently he dedicated his award to his 5th grade shop teacher for being his 'evil' inspiration. And he wore purple socks. He was far too tall for the microphone so had to crouch in a funny 'pee pee dance' looking way
- True Blood won for best TV show, hilariously presented by the cast of The Vampire Diaries. Alan Ball and Sam Trammell did the acceptance speech (pictures show Alex and Stephen being silly in the background). Rutina Wesley and Michael MacMillian were also there, though I haven't seen Michael in any photos. Alan apparently said that the award, which is a spike, looks like a prop from the show, which it kind of does.

Congratulations True Blood!!

Some good photos at Scream Award Photos (http://truebloodnet.com/true-blood-wins-spike-tv-2009-scream-awards/)