PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Twilight1
09-15-2009, 12:32 AM
I've only seen up to Maryann's death this episode and I have to say that I am vastly disappointed!! I actually flove the actress who plays Maryann too bad the character and storyline sucks so bad...

Still have about 20 minutes? or so left of the eppy. Big Love and Dexter start soon don't they? I am going to have to go out and buy more of the Charlene books...

Evilynn
09-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Well, the final episode was a bit meh, :blah: although still very quotable "I love the smell of nail polish in the morning!" "You might have your faults, Andy, but at least you've got pants on" :rofl: (or maybe I'm just very easily amused)

Twilight1
09-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Well, the final episode was a bit meh, :blah: although still very quotable "I love the smell of nail polish in the morning!" "You might have your faults, Andy, but at least you've got pants on" :rofl: (or maybe I'm just very easily amused)

You and me both then :rollin: First thing I thought when I heard nail polish was 'did he say napalm or nail polish?' And had to rewind that small section, just to be sure. LOL!

DBZ
09-15-2009, 11:41 PM
Red herring--guaranteed!

Care to elaborate? I don't mind being spoiled...especially on this show. :P

And now that Sam has had lots of Bill's blood, will he be having inappropriate dreams about him? ;)

I was wondering the same thing. I could've sworn Sam looked a little smitten with Bill in that "thank you" scene. :lol:

Satellitegirl
09-16-2009, 12:00 AM
there's an opportunity for some great comedy with the Sam/Bill thing lol

Twilight1
09-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Saw the rest of it and have to say meh... Andy covering for Jason was kind of cool. Nice to see Andy doesn't hate Jason anymore.Egg did nothing for me so for him to be dead doesn't upset me that much.

The whole ending was not that bad. But it wasn't that great either.

Hope there is some comedy between Bill and Sam. Bill doesn't have much of a sense of humour and neither does Sam. Though the ending kind of kyboshes(sp?) that (at least for early in the season)...

rfisher
09-16-2009, 01:56 PM
In the book, Sam is with his parents for almost the entire book. They may or may not deal with that the same way in the show. Bill has other problems to contend with next season. :sekret:

Good news about S3: we should see a lot more of Eric (but not as much as we will if there's a S4 :smokin: Please, please please, let there be a S4), Tara's storyline should intersect with Sookies. Bad news: almost the entire story is outside of Bon Temps so anything that happens with the townies will be new. That could be good or bad. I think it tipped way toward the bad in S2. No idea what they'll do with Layfeyette since he died in books long before this point. :watch:

Twilight1
09-16-2009, 04:04 PM
He'll be selling the "V" and his storyline will probably just be minor bit part next year.

I am TOTALLY praying to the True Blood Gods for a Season 4!!

Can I make an order for Eric please and another side order of Eric? And I will wash that down with some more...Eric. Gawd that man is hawt!

rfisher
09-17-2009, 01:54 AM
Hopefully, whoever is cast as Alsaide will be hot.

Orable
09-17-2009, 02:10 AM
I found a nice article (http://www.nola.com/tv/index.ssf/2009/06/hbos_true_blood_star_sam_tramm.html) on Sam Trammell (Sam Merlotte). It's from a few months back, but it's still great :)

Matryeshka
09-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Finally saw the finale, and :rofl: :rofl:

The first twenty minutes, I was pleasantly surprised. But then there was the egg, and it went all downhill from there. As we've learned from Top Chef and other shows, it's always a bad idea when the ostrich egg makes an appearance. And other Eggs as well. The everyone-forgets thing :blah: IMO, they knew they'd made a BIG mistake by the end of this season and knew they couldn't just come back for season 3 with the town so disheveled, so they took the easy way out.

Though, "you might have your faults Andy, but at least you have pants on" was a GREAT summation of that episode.

Octoberopals
09-27-2009, 03:12 AM
I've put both Season 1 & 2 [not out yet] in my Amazon basket & suppose I'm going to have to break down & go buy the books.......Sigh. I always thought that Bon Temps was just a wide place in the road, a really small town out in to boondocks, but maybe I'm wrong.

I did like the termination of MaryAnn, she was so disgusting!!

PS....when does season 3 start?

screech
10-01-2009, 03:48 AM
And that's fine. I'm not talking about looks. I'm talking about being immortal for thousands of years. Are we to believe that Godric (who looked fairly young himself) is the only vamp to get "world weary"? Regardless of the age when turned, I would expect a pre-Industrial Age vampire to convey a fair amount of eccentricity - maybe even act somewhat unhinged. She played it too silly IMO.

She said that Eric is the oldest vampire in her queendom, meaning he's older than her. I believe in the books she's a couple hundred years.

Age doesn't dictate who's leader...

*WTH was up with Eric being in the episode for less than 60 seconds?

Alan Ball said that if we saw more of Eric it would have spoiled things, and I like taht he didn't spoil things, leaving us to imagine whether the books will be followed.

As for all the hopes people have for season 4, I'm hoping for it too, however Alan Ball has no problems straying from the books and may opt to not even go that way with everything. He may have things different from the 3rd book for season 3, which could eff things up a bit. I doubt he will, since the events of book 4 basically feed the stories of most of the following books, but you never know.

I kind of hate that Bill proposed so fast - in the books sookie always mentions that 'it's not legal for vampires to marry, not that one's asked me'. And they've known each other for about 2 months! Sure they've gone through basically EVERYTHING together, but still! Though it could be played up to him being insecure about Eric and wanting to keep Sookie with him, or it could just be done by the writers so Anna has an excuse to not have to remove her engagement ring for filming.

As for the lack of Eric, I kind of like that they're not just giving him to us. It's pretty damn obvious that Eric is the favourite character of 97.2% of the TB/SVM fans out there. If they just shove him down our throats (dirty!) they could make us tire of him, and I think the writers fear that. The teasing makes us want him more. Like his naked scene in episode 9. Yes, he was fully naked, but we didn't see ANYTHING! Just side and thigh. They keep us wanting more, and I love that.

I actually liked season 2. I didn't like the Maryanne stuff too much, but everything else was well done. I loved the Dallas episodes, especially. I was a bit bored with the Jason stuff for a while but he did need to 'find' himself and redeem himself in his own eyes and in retrospect I think they did well with that. As for Eric, I don't think he's fully 'evil' again yet - IMO he's still completely broken inside about Godric and his even fuller obsession with Sookie (even requesting Sam to give her to him) is connected with that, because she sees 'him' and knows what he went through. I think that yes, Sookie still dislikes him, but has more compassion for him now and maybe will start to see the softer him more and more and slowly start to like him more, especially if she helps him find Bill in season 3.

'Evil' Eric is just a facade I think - yes, he's completley disenchanted with humans and doesn't care for them as we do for each other, but 'evil' is taking it a bit far. He looks out for himself first and foremost becasue I think vampires, more than anyone, understand mortality. He wants to save his own ass and do whatever it takes to do so. Everyone else is below him on the 'care chain'. Pam, Sookie and Fangtasia I think are the only things he really cares about other than himself and he will do what it takes to protect them, as long as his own needs come first. He doesn't care much about anyone else, unless it relates to those things. That doesn't make him evil, that makes him selfish and obsessive.

DBZ
10-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Age doesn't dictate who's leader...

What does?

I thought the older the vampire, the quicker and stronger they are. It makes sense those vampires would be atop the hierarchy of power.

Evilynn
10-01-2009, 12:17 PM
She said that Eric is the oldest vampire in her queendom, meaning he's older than her. I believe in the books she's a couple hundred years.

She's 1100 in the books, so in the books they're pretty much the same age.