PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

skategal
09-01-2009, 07:58 PM
In the books she's much colder and more calculating

I haven't read the books, but that was what I was expecting. Maybe next episode she will ramp it up a bit.

Satellitegirl
09-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Are we into book 3 at all yet ? or is this still book 2? If book 2...I haven't gotten to this yet.

rfisher
09-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Are we into book 3 at all yet ? or is this still book 2? If book 2...I haven't gotten to this yet.

The QoL plays a role in book 3, 4 but mostly in 5. Of course, they may make that all different with the TV show.

skategal
09-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Okay here is a summary of what the QoL said:

"The Latvian boy tastes like humans did right after I was turned.....before the Industrial Revolution f@cked everything up."

So we don't really know how old she is just that she was turned before the Industrial Revolution. :cool:

Orable
09-02-2009, 03:22 AM
I rewatched the episode and feel that I may've been too harsh on ERW as the Queen. I think she was putting on an act for Bill, basically to make him bend to her will and to her time frame. He wanted information!now! about the maenad bc SUCKEH is in trouble, but Her Majesty isn't having any of that: you come to her, you wait until she's good and ready to help you. She didn't even really wrap things up with Bill until her henchman told her that Eric was coming to see her.

I think ERW was playing her as acting petulant, bored and spoiled, but I think all of that was a power play (though why the Queen has to have a power play over lowly Bill, I have no idea). It's clear from Bill's reaction to her insistence that he eat the Latvian boy and that she wants to meet Sookie, that the Queen actually has a ton of power over her underlings - and that power doesn't come by making them play Yahtzee or sunbathe in her day room.

Eric, by the by, is even more delectable at second viewing :grope:

rfisher
09-02-2009, 03:27 AM
Stephen Moyer is really, really short when he's standing next to Alexandar. He should demand shots that aren't full body shots. :lol:

Satellitegirl
09-02-2009, 03:58 AM
Haha I was noticing that as well. He's a wittle ittle bill lol.

Just watched the episode tonight. Loved Pam's wisecracks about the kids...loved Jason and Andy....Tara was an idiot....wanted to slap her Mom.....I liked ERW as the Queen ok after the first several lines. It took me a bit to warm up to her, but towards the end I was fine with her in the part. Eric is still gorgeous...needless to say...and he flew...that was hawt. :)

DBZ
09-14-2009, 09:58 AM
What did everyone think of the finale?

I thought it was awful, personally, how after all that buildup with Maryanne, it just ended like that and, poof, everything is back to normal and conveniently no one remembers anything.

Then again, Maryanne is dead, so maybe I should be thankful for small favors.

Is Eric going to kill Bill? :)

jen_faith
09-14-2009, 11:21 AM
My initial impression/thoughts are that it was a weak ending to a uneven, but generally good season. Probably I didn't like it that much because I didn't like the maenad story line.

I'll have to digest it some more before I can add more comments but I have 2 things I want to get off my chest now:

1. YAY the Maryanne story is dead!
2. I liked seeing Eric being dominated and forced to play Yahtzee

Is Eric going to kill Bill? :)

Red herring--guaranteed!

rfisher
09-14-2009, 11:29 AM
My initial impression/thoughts are that it was a weak ending to a uneven, but generally good season. Probably I didn't like it that much because I didn't like the maenad story line.

I'll have to digest it some more before I can add more comments but I have 2 things I want to get off my chest now:

1. YAY the Maryanne story is dead!
2. I liked seeing Eric being dominated and forced to play Yahtzee

Red herring--guaranteed!

Yes. The whole maenad story line was over weeks ago as far as I'm concerned. It was just silly tonight. There wasn't anything remotely funny or scary. Even Jason and Andy were just stupid. AB is a better director/writer than that crap. I hope they put together a better story for next season.

The last 10 minutes were the best part of the show because it set up things for next season. I guess those of us who've read the books should just say nothing apart from the fact they'll run into a similar situation with the secondary characters of Bon Temp. I hope they do a better job this time.

Did anybody notice Charlaine Harris? She was in the show. I've got to go back and spot her.

flutzilla1
09-14-2009, 03:02 PM
Well that was...well. Uhm.

The good:
*Jason wins the One Liners Champion of the Year award. I liked how he and Andy have sort of become unlikely buddies.
*Sam and Bill's convoluted yet effective way of saving the day. Although where had Sam seen a bull around Bon Temps (scratches head)? And now that Sam has had lots of Bill's blood, will he be having inappropriate dreams about him? ;)
*Lafayette's and Bud's memorable one liners. Wish they had both had a little more to do this ep though.
*CH cameo, yay!
*Excited about the setup for Sam meeting his birth parents -- woohoo for weres and shifters in Season 3. In fact I'm happy overall that Sam finally seems to have something to do other than mope about Daphne and be hunted by Maryann.

The bad:
*WTH was up with Eric being in the episode for less than 60 seconds? And why is he being caricatured as more of the leader of the Legion of Doom than the layered, two dimensional Eric was saw in Dallas? I'd like that Eric (and that story arc's writer) back, please.
*The whole Maryann death was very anti-climactic. With all the screen time she got this season I thought she deserved better in the end. Glad it's over though.
*The buildup about Jason and Andy saving the day for the past 2 episodes only to have them both get smacked in the middle of the party outside, and whammo that was the end of that.
*Foreshadowing overall in this ep was about as subtle as being smacked by a 2 by 4, especially the part where Sam talks to Bill about how it's best to be honest and Bill's pained reaction. Gee I wonder why he did that...? :rolleyes:

The awful:
Bill and Sookie's cheesy night out and the proposal. I was so irritated the entire time watching it I had to go and start reading book 3 just to make myself feel better. What was the huge rush with Bill marrying Sookie? Why did she say yes after being so obviously conflicted like 60 seconds earlier? :huh:They whole setup was also so sugary sweet I think I got a cavity just watching it. And I absolutely HATE that they made it look like Eric set up what happened at the end. Just ick ick ick all around.

Here's to hoping Season 3 is better and that we see less of Saint Bill and Evil Eric and a bit more 2 dimensional male leads in their place.

rfisher
09-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Yes, when we know what Eric actually did to keep Bill from Sookie which was much more sly and self-serving.

It was as if the writers just sort of gave up for this episode. If they don't do better, I could see a ratings drop. Maybe they were PO'd they didn't get an emmy nom.

Satellitegirl
09-14-2009, 04:03 PM
Yeah I wasn't extremely happy with the ending....and I was annoyed they even had Eggs as a part of it really. I guess they needed to figure out a way to write out the character since it was the end of the season? who knows.

Needed more Eric

ERW did much better acting as the Queen this time.

Bill and Sookie marrying ....blah....way too soon after everything to rush that into the story line.

I'd say it was my second least favorite episode of the season. I was really hoping for more. Glad they kept Andy around though, because his character is funny.

rfisher
09-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Yeah I wasn't extremely happy with the ending....and I was annoyed they even had Eggs as a part of it really. I guess they needed to figure out a way to write out the character since it was the end of the season? who knows.

Needed more Eric

ERW did much better acting as the Queen this time.

Bill and Sookie marrying ....blah....way too soon after everything to rush that into the story line.

I'd say it was my second least favorite episode of the season. I was really hoping for more. Glad they kept Andy around though, because his character is funny.

Andy is a permanent character, although in the books we've already met his sister and grandmother and his future wife. Of course, book Andy is totallly different than TV Andy. Next season should have lots of Eric and we should meet Alstair.

rfisher
09-14-2009, 09:57 PM
This recap (http://www.tvguide.com/Episode-Recaps/true-blood/True-Blood-Episode-1009661.aspx) is funnier than the show. :lol: And now I know which part CH played.