PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

screech
08-26-2009, 05:42 AM
I saw a mini interview with Stephen Moyer at a party for Anna Paquin's Nylon magazine cover thing, and he was asked about what can be expected for the season finale and he just said 'there's a really odd tree.' They brought that up with Anna and she was like 'what the...' then clued in and kind of rolled her eyes (I assume they mean the Maryann Meat Tree)

Also he talked about how he proposed. He designed the ring with his jewler friend. He also mentioned a connection to the show, how in season 1 there was a song about white sunny beaches in Hawaii (which he thought was funny on a vamp show) and they went to Hawaii this summer which is where he did it. Awww. And she showed off her ring. Big round stone.

Satellitegirl
08-26-2009, 01:49 PM
Yes, 4. Naked Eric running down the road. Yes indeed.

hahaha, ok you just upped the speed at which I'll be reading through book 2. :lol:

Matryeshka
08-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Well, there's a really almost-excellent scene in book 3 as well, so don't read too fast.

:grope:

jen_faith
08-27-2009, 02:42 AM
Some slightly spoiler-ish stuff from e online (http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b141309__lt_i_gt_True_Blood_lt__i_gt__Stars_Answer _You__Who_Kills_Maryann__What_s_Sookie_s_New_Power _.html)

Also found out upon whom Charlaine Harris modeled the physical characteristics/appearance of bookEric. It's Vladimir Kulich (http://uashome.alaska.edu/~dfgriffin/website/buliwyf.gif) from the movie the 13th Warrior. Makes sense now-- all this talk of leonine hair etc from the books. Personally, I thought Banderas was the hotter one in that film, but also thought the film was really silly.

jen_faith
08-27-2009, 02:47 AM
Anna and she was like 'what the...' then clued in and kind of rolled her eyes (I assume they mean the Maryann Meat Tree)

Hey, it's not just meat, it's an organic Kobe beef tree, with vegetables and gourds too (I think there was even a broccoli "head")

rfisher
08-27-2009, 02:47 AM
Interesting that Hadley will be there. Book spoiler wonder if she'll meet the same gruesome end?

screech
08-27-2009, 04:17 AM
Hadley will probably have the same fate. Otherwise what would happen in that season? The whole book is basically based on her looking into that. And we won't have any Amelia if not! Amelia needs to be there, if only for the Pam.

And as for the inspiration of Eric, in the viking scene Eric he does definitely look like that, however that actor looks much to old to play him, considering in the books he was what, 24 when he was turned? (though in the TB universe they have made a 'bio' saying he was like 30 when turned). But then again, Pam was supposed to be 19 when turned, and though I love her, Kristin Bauer is not 19 (again in the TB universe they have changed her 'bio' to make her early 30s).

Orable
08-30-2009, 11:17 PM
I have a question re: Hadley in the books. I've read books 1-8 now and I'm wondering if there is a book dedicated to Hadley before she was killed? I read Definitely Dead and was so confused, wondering if I'd missed a book that introduced Hadley while she was alive/a vampire. Harris write about Hadley's death as though we know what she's talking about, and I've been searching the wiki pages, trying to figure out if I missed something...like a whole book!

If there isn't a book about it, that's one of the stupidest things I've come across. Harris is kind of a shitty writer, but I didn't expect such a glaring hole! :huh:

Matryeshka
08-30-2009, 11:19 PM
Hadley is explained in a novella--One Word Answer. It's in an anthology--Laurell K. Hamilton is listed as the first author. I think the novella is called Love Bites, but I'm not sure.

rfisher
08-30-2009, 11:38 PM
Hadley is explained in a novella--One Word Answer. It's in an anthology--Laurell K. Hamilton is listed as the first author. I think the novella is called Love Bites, but I'm not sure. Ah, yes. The Janet Evanovich mode of writing. I'd wondered if I missed something myself, but just blew it off. :lol:

rfisher
08-31-2009, 03:19 AM
Jason and Andy had me :rofl: discussing Sam's sex life as a dog or a chicken.

First glimpse of Hadley. Where were the Queen's body guards? I was expecting the Warrior brothers and whatshisname that Sookie didn't like.

So, who will Sookie kill in the finale? I'm betting it's Eggs.

Matryeshka
08-31-2009, 03:53 AM
I said novella, but that's incorrect--it's only about twenty pages, if that. And it's still not all that clear what transpired with Hadley. If you're really curious, I'd just go to the bookstore and read those pages. I bought it, since I read three of the series mentioned in it, and it was a waste of time and money. None of them were very good, or elucidated any point or idea. You're not any clearer for having read it on Hadley's backstory.

Satellitegirl
08-31-2009, 04:42 AM
Some slightly spoiler-ish stuff from e online (http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b141309__lt_i_gt_True_Blood_lt__i_gt__Stars_Answer _You__Who_Kills_Maryann__What_s_Sookie_s_New_Power _.html)

Also found out upon whom Charlaine Harris modeled the physical characteristics/appearance of bookEric. It's Vladimir Kulich (http://uashome.alaska.edu/~dfgriffin/website/buliwyf.gif) from the movie the 13th Warrior. Makes sense now-- all this talk of leonine hair etc from the books. Personally, I thought Banderas was the hotter one in that film, but also thought the film was really silly.

I actually liked that movie and thought it was pretty original....but yeah Banderas was definitely the better looking one of the movie.

Orable
08-31-2009, 05:45 AM
Thanks, Matry! I was just so weirded out; I seriously thought there was a whole book that I had somehow missed. I guess I do have all the information I need to understand the Hadley-and-subsequent storyline, but I still think it's a stupid and lazy mechanism. For shame, Charlaine, for shame! :blah:

I said novella, but that's incorrect--it's only about twenty pages, if that. And it's still not all that clear what transpired with Hadley. If you're really curious, I'd just go to the bookstore and read those pages. I bought it, since I read three of the series mentioned in it, and it was a waste of time and money. None of them were very good, or elucidated any point or idea. You're not any clearer for having read it on Hadley's backstory.

AliasJohnDoe
08-31-2009, 06:54 AM
Jason and Andy had me :rofl: discussing Sam's sex life as a dog or a chicken.

Answers the question, "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?"

It was Sam the shapeshifter came first, then turned into a chicken and laid an egg. So the chicken came first. :P