PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

rfisher
08-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Best LOL moment:

Sarah "You are like Judas"

Jason: "Jeez, what'd he do?"

I LMAO! The 2nd LOL moment with Jason was right after he hugged Bill, "Was that alright?". The look on Bill's face was priceless!

I couldn't even watch the making of Hunter's souffle, never mind the eating of it. That particular storyline is boring to me anyway, that when you add gross on top of it, I get even more annoyed.

I need help with the vampire heirarchy. Are Eric and Godric essentially equals? Both Sheriffs with their own territory? Or is Godric more senior in some way due to his age? And how do they relate to the vampire Bill had to face last season for killing a fellow vampire? I got the sense that he was higher than a sheriff. If so, I wonder how he'd feel about Godric's "let's give peace a chance" attitude.

Eric and Godric are both sherrifs, albeit in different states, so they are somewhat equal in that regard. Godric is much older and older means more powerful, plus he's Eric's maker. We don't know how old Lorena is (I don't remember if it was in the books) but Godric is more powerful than she is. There are also Kings and Queens of each state. We should be meeting the Queen of Louisiana in the next episode of so. She has a prominent role in upcoming books. We should meet the King of Mississippi next season. If there is a 4th season, we'll meet the King of Arkansas who wants to marry the Q of LA to form a political alliance.

jen_faith
08-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Watched epi yesterday but must re-watch it as spent most of the episode hiding behind my laptop due to EXCESSIVELY gruesome human heart souffle slice and dice scene. Ick ick ick...

Godric as a pacifist lover of humans -- finally a vampire we can actually sort of empathize with--who is not just a sleek killing bloodsucking machine (quite different from the book Godric, BTW). Plus, his smackdown of Lorena was thoroughly needed...yay!

Jason - Ryan Kwantan (sp?) owned the episode.

Stan - how he must chafe at having to work for a introspective pacifist. The difficulty he had not biting the neck and the eye roll thingy at the same time was too funny

Jessica/Hoyt - "those were screams of passion...right?" LOL. Alas, I fear those two may be in a doomed relationship.

Cassandra Andy - hee hee

Dislikes:
Tara as a black-eyed zombie cannibal... what happened to this character's inner strength that we saw last season?

Poor Sam - he just can't catch a break

Don't cares:
Maryann story line - puhleeeeaaze let it end soon

Wondering:
Where is Carl?
What happened to Barry post Lorena-lovebite?

flutzilla1
08-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Loved the Eric scenes, they are FINALLY giving him the screen time he deserves. I also loved all his interactions with Sookie and Godric, and the geeky persona he put on while trying to get Sookie out of the church. I also loved Bill's confrontation with Eric -- he seems to be a bit paranoid and worried about Sookie possibly liking Eric more than him? All I have to say is -- teeheeheeheeheeheehee!

Godric's line about his age in the sanctuary was classic. I think I've rewatched it about 5 times. I really am enjoying the take on his character on the show, he's much more enjoyable and sympathetic than in book 2.

Why does Jason always get the best one liners? :)

Please let the Maryann storyline go away soon, it takes up too much screen time from the stuff I actually care about.

Satellitegirl
08-11-2009, 02:47 PM
LOVED the episode. I finally watched it last night, and it was great. I was dying laughing at Jason through most of the episode. His hug with Bill was hilarious.

I am really liking more Eric screen time :)...Loved he and Godric's interactions, loved his southern sounding dorky guy impersonation when he was trying to get Sookie out....and just love him overall.

Godric was great. My friend cracked me up, messaging me saying "Godric is like the Jesus of Vampires" lol

I liked when Sookie stood up to Lorena, that was great, and then Godric putting Lorena in her place.

REALLY tired of the Mary Ann/Eggs storyline. They're just stalling with that to have some sort of great finale with it in the final episode I think.

I also felt really bad for Jessica and Hoyt....to have to go through that everytime :scream: Clever writing though.

AliasJohnDoe
08-11-2009, 09:02 PM
I wanted to see Pam at Godric's. :( ....I like her in every episode.

Poor Jessica, what a twist to her and Hoyt's relationship.
Hopefully there is some kind of vampire remedy for such a thing.

The Jason and Bill hug was priceless. Bill seems uncomfortable around swearing. Is it just me noticing that?

jen_faith
08-13-2009, 03:04 AM
Not really a Trueblood post, but related and since a lot of us here also have read Charlaine Harris' books upon which the Trueblood series is based thought I would post the following tidbit

Book ten will be called Dead in the Family

you can read a bit more on her blog (http://www.charlaineharris.com/bb/bb_current.html) .

Also, you can read a non-spoilery review of the next episode here (http://www.televisionaryblog.com/2009/08/fly-on-wall-advance-review-of-next.html). Sounds like it's going to be a doozy.

edited to correct link

Satellitegirl
08-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Wow, this next episode sounds like it'll be a doozy. Can't wait!!!!!!

rfisher
08-17-2009, 02:34 AM
OMG naked Eric! :swoon:

jen_faith
08-17-2009, 03:12 AM
OMG naked Eric! :swoon:

PML I thought of you all when I saw that

Matryeshka
08-17-2009, 06:54 AM
Tonight's eppy:

Nekkid Erriiiicccc...:swoon:

And Hoyt's mom and Jessica, that was :rofl: Poor, poor, poor Hoyt. And why did Sam not to think to shift sooner? Did he really need a possessed, poorly CGIed insect to remind him, hey, I'm a shapeshifter! I can SHIFT MY WAY OUT.

Definitely going to TIVO next week's episode--it looks to be very MaryAnn centered. IThat whole storyline doesn't make much sense, and I hate how it's not integrated into Sookie's AT ALL. In the book it was loose, but at least it was there. I'll just FF through those bits and read the reviews later.

Parts of that episode were good--I like that they kept how Eric got his blood in Sookie the same from the books, but there was too much going on. The Godric/Eric/Sookie scenen :wuzrobbed I wish there was more of it, or less of other things, because it got a little lost in the shuffle and it was IMO very well done. I thought maybe it was because this was the pentultimate episode, but no, there are I think three left. So why cram all the good stuff into one just to make more room for MaryAnne crap? :blah:

colinmom71
08-17-2009, 07:32 AM
I also have to go all :swoon: over naked Eric! I kept telling the camera to get away from Sookie and to center on him. Didn't work... But goodness I loved the aside and smile Eric made to the camera after tricking Sookie into sucking his blood! :lol:

I suppose my only defense of Sam could be that he'd never thought of taking an insect form until he noticed the fly in his cell... That and he tends to prefer trying to be a straight-forward and honest guy who doesn't like to resort to shape-shifting except for self-defensive or protective purposes. But the visual use of his proverbial "fly on the wall" to spy on Maryanne, Tara, and Eggs was amusing.

Let's hear it for kick-ass Lafayette! Though I admit I've loved Lafayette from episode one, so seeing him take down Eggs and take back Tara was just too good for words. (And yes, I'm ready for the Maryanne stuff to go away!)

Poor Hoyt. But thank goodness he finally stood up to his domineering mother over his sweet, burgeoning relationship with Jessica. And I also like Jessica flashing fang to stand up for Hoyt... I've known types like his mother, and they really are just hateful lost causes.

But mostly, it was nice to see the Stackhouse siblings have a heart-to-heart reunion. The talk about remembering Gram was sweet and somber and just perfect.

And it was even better to see the Church head couple sniping at each other on national TV (and he still had the red mark from the paint gun on his head!). The only next best thing would have been her extemporaneously complaining about what she *now* knows is his small and quick-to-draw penis!! :D

DBZ
08-17-2009, 10:39 AM
So, when Bill is exposed to the sun (as we saw last season), he gets a little er...burnt.

But when Godric lets the sun shine in, he...disintegrates?

Did I miss the exposition that explains this difference?

Also, was I the only one who was very disappointed they killed off Godric? What an utter waste of perhaps the most fascinating character on the show. The potential they could have explored with him was endless and, given his passivist nature, was the perfect foil and counterbalance in perspective this show needs right now.

And the farewell scene with Eric and Godric at the end, while good, was soooo brief and abrupt. These two have spent centuries together. Can we get a little more backstory on these two, or maybe dig a little deeper as to why Godric is so willing to end his "life," despite knowing how much Eric cares for him? It was just like he said, "C'ya."

I'm also another one who can't wait for the Maryanne crap to be done. I still don't understand what's the point to this storyline, why Maryanne wants Bill, or why she's cutting out and cooking up hearts, etc., etc. Enough already.

rfisher
08-17-2009, 11:33 AM
MA wants Sam, not Bill. Godric was just an excuse to get Sookie to Dallas in the books. He was never intended to be a main character.

I'm curious about the abusive behavior they're having Eggs show Tara. This was a major focus of her relationship with the vampire in book 3. Maybe they wrote the script before they knew there'd be a Season 3.

Alan Ball has drug the whole manied thing out waaaayyyy too long in order to give Tara and company something to do while the main action was happening in Dallas. I thought it was superfluous in the book, but am really glad it was kept to a minimum. If I didn't know how that ends (hopefully, it's true to the book), I'd be flash forwarding and ready to watch something else. Fortunately, I like looking at Alexander so I'll just hum through the *I'm your god* crap.

Bostonfan
08-17-2009, 01:37 PM
I thought Sam couldn't shift unless he had contact with a subject - like the dog, fly, etc.

I am curious to see how the Sam conversation with the detective (whose name escapes me at the moment) will go given that the detective clearly has some resistance or ability that he's not yet aware of. But beyond that, I grew tired of the Maryanne storyline a few episodes back.

skategal
08-17-2009, 01:38 PM
OMG.....Eric!! :swoon:

He was SO hot last night....even with blood tears on his face (lol!). :lol:

I wish Sookie had drank his blood willingly though and not been tricked. :wideeyes:

Does anyone know why Bill fed on the human? I totally missed what Bill said to him after he bit him. :confused:

Can't wait for next weeks epidsode. :rollin: