PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

jen_faith
08-01-2009, 01:13 AM
Ah ah ah.... time to delve into arcana here....

[book nerd mode on]
In the books there are vampire police who deal with lawbreaking vampires and there are vampire police too. Not all towns have these facilities and vampire employees.

I think this is mentioned in Club Dead but I am not sure.

[book nerd mode off]

They're following the books with the 'reality' of it. No jail can hold a vampire (unless they are constructed of silver) and no cop would be able to capture one anyway (unless again, they had silver) and none would want to risk it. So if it's 'reality' based on the security and vampire powers, not having this retribution is pretty realistic.

flutzilla1
08-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Wow no comments about last night's episode yet?

I loved the whole Eric-listening-in-to-Barry scene at the hotel but I am wondering why Barry is being portrayed as such a pain in the backside whiner. I also liked the scene with Isabel and Eric. She is a lot more likeable than I remember her in the books.

I'm confused as to how they are going to proceed with the love triangle storyline mentioned at the ComicCon panel when a huge reason why it happens in the first place is so not going to be happening based on the way things are going in the show so far.

The Maryann thing is going on wayyyyy too long and I am really starting to lose interest, despite the fact that Sam, Tara and Andy are getting more screen time because of it.

Love Jessica and Hoyt.

Can Eric just get his own show already so we can all stare at him for 55 minutes straight each week? Please?

Thoughts, all?

Satellitegirl
08-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Not commenting on last nights episode...or reading anything here because I haven't watched it yet, but I can't wait to watch it tonight, because my friend messaged me with "OMG DID YOU WATCH TRUE BLOOD" lol cracked me up and got me excited.

And I'm all for the Eric show *nod*. They could do a "prequel" show about him hehe.

Twilight1
08-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Ooooh an Eric show would be divine!! Sho cares about Sookie and Bill anyway!

screech
08-03-2009, 08:00 PM
I want to start a show where Eric and Lafayetter are Private Investigators who solve crimes together. Lafayette will just sass Eric and the clients and perps, and Eric will just scare everyone shitless and do the nighttime stake-outs (pun intended)

But as for last night
- Love that they stuck with the books for the whole Sookie/Hugo being locked up scene - everything from her contacting Barry to reading Hugo's mind to the Gabe attempted rape and him being stopped just in time - all straight out of the book
- Godric is HOT!
- Enough Bill/Lorena flashbacks. Unless it's him singing again, or them showing him having sex in the 30s with Dianne from last season, enough!
- Loved Jason - his getting freaked out over Sarah being a stage 5 clinger to his kicking Gabe's ass over bad mouthing his sister - awesome!
- Steve was so creepy awesome. The actor has compared his character to George Bush and I can totally see it
- Kinda loved seeing Bill constantly get his ass kicked. And I guess my assessment of him being raped by Lorena last week was a bit off
- Jessica and Hoyt are so perfect. And the fact that 'Bleeding Love' was playing in the background was an awesome touch
- Godric is hot
- Sam was kinda awesome. I wonder if he and Andy will team up...
- Buh bye Daphne! At least she had a hot body...
- Loved Arlene freaking out a bit, thinking she had date raped Terry - not that I love date rape or anything, but her reaction was priceless.
- Sookie wasn't too annoying this week! Wow!
- Oh, and once again, Godric is hot.

Oh, maybe hottie Godric should join in on my PI show, just to up the hotness factor even more. Heck, just a show of Godric and Eric just sitting there, staring at the camera for an hour would be awesome!

And speaking of Eric, Perez Hilton has finally noticed his hotness and has put him on his website for the first time, mentioning his hotness, saying maybe he (Perez) should start checking out HBO. I know Perez is annoying as all hell, but any Alex love is good love!

And as per usual, the preview for next week's episode (http://www.hbo.com/trueblood/video.html?maven_playerId=trueblood&maven_referralObject=7612786). Only 4 left this season! This one looks to have a lot of Eric!

rfisher
08-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Wow no comments about last night's episode yet?

I loved the whole Eric-listening-in-to-Barry scene at the hotel but I am wondering why Barry is being portrayed as such a pain in the backside whiner. I also liked the scene with Isabel and Eric. She is a lot more likeable than I remember her in the books.

I'm confused as to how they are going to proceed with the love triangle storyline mentioned at the ComicCon panel when a huge reason why it happens in the first place is so not going to be happening based on the way things are going in the show so far.

The Maryann thing is going on wayyyyy too long and I am really starting to lose interest, despite the fact that Sam, Tara and Andy are getting more screen time because of it.

Love Jessica and Hoyt.

Can Eric just get his own show already so we can all stare at him for 55 minutes straight each week? Please?

Thoughts, all?

I'm wondering how they'll manage the triangle as well, especially since there wasn't much of a triangle in the books once Sookie gets wind of Lorena.

I know why CH didn't spend a lot of page time on the maenad in the book. It's got old quickly.

Hoyt and Jessica serve no purpose but for a moment of comic or romantic relief, but they are really cute together which means that relationship has to end badly.

Evilynn
08-04-2009, 09:40 AM
It might've been the bad quality of the stream, but Godric looked rather similar to Jonathan from BTVS, and there goes any hope of me finding him hot. :lol:

kosjenka
08-04-2009, 12:03 PM
I love Eric and now we have another hottie - Godric !
I read that Eric and Sookie will have more quality time soon :D
And yes - Sookie was not really annoying in this episode. Very good thing :)

screech
08-05-2009, 03:22 AM
Yup, Alan Ball said 'yes' when asked if the Bill/Sookie/Eric love triangle would be played out on the show.

Regarding Godric (spoilers from book)
If Godric is being played how one of the vamps held by the Fellowship is depicted in the book, we likely won't have his hotness long - I think it's one called Godfrey in the book who is there because he WANTS to meet the sun. With all of Eric's claims that Godric would not be able to be captured, it seems that he is really there of his own free will and has chosen to meet the sun and won't last long. Which sucks, cause he's too pretty to die (again)!

In other True Blood news, it seems Alexander Skarsgard is starting to become a media darling. He's on TMZ on a semi-regular basis though thankfully he's not bitchy and not in scandals or anything, he's usually just arriving at or leaving the airport. Lady Gaga stated what seems to be the obvious - that he's an amazing kisser and she'd love to kiss him again (he was in her Paparazzi video), and he's going to be in a remake of the controversial movie Straw Dogs where his character isn't quite so nice - his character in the 71 version forcefully um, violates the female lead (played by Kate Bosworth) James Marsden (yummy!) stars as the male lead. I haven't seen the original but it apparently had to be repeatedly edited so it could actually be released with an R rating.

But in kind of a funny twist on the movie, it's being filmed in Shreveport!

screech
08-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Oh, another bit of True Blood news:

http://true-blood.net/2009/08/05/congratulations-anna-paquin-stephen-moyer/#tvg
http://dlisted.com/node/33281

Anna Paquin (Sookie) and Stephen Moyer (Bill) have announced to People Magazine that they are engaged. As it says in the 2nd link, He better say in his brutal accent, 'Sookie is mine!!' and She should say in her equally bad one 'yes, I AM his.'

Anna denied claims of being engaged on Jimmy Fallon last month, saying a facebook person pretending to be her had stated she was and had put pictures of her (supposed) ring on the account. Whether she was lying or it is just a new development, congratulations to the two! They always look so in love when doing interviews together and have been a couple basically since the screen tests for their parts.

And in other couple news, Kristin Bauer (Pam) just got married as well.

Congrats to the couples!

Satellitegirl
08-10-2009, 02:47 PM
I haven't watched last nights episode yet, but can't wait to tonight. and awwww! I'm so happy for Anna and Stephen. I hope things go well for them :)

http://www.usmagazine.com/hot_pics_gallery?o=20

there's a pic of her with the ring :)

skategal
08-10-2009, 03:08 PM
I watched it last night and am anxiously waiting for someone else here to watch it so we can discuss it....lol! :lol:

:watch:

rfisher
08-10-2009, 03:53 PM
I watched it last night and am anxiously waiting for someone else here to watch it so we can discuss it....lol! :lol:

:watch:

I saw it. I think they set up Lorena for book 3. I was wondering how they would pull that off and I thought they did a very good job.

Poor Jessica! :lol: I cracked up when Bill walked in on she and Hoyt. Talk about coitus interruptus. And now she's doomed to be a perpetual virgin.

Jason gets all :kickass: when people insult Sookie. I also laughed when slutty blonde told him to grow a brain cell. I guess he showed her when he left her by the side of the road.

I'm totally sick of MaryAnn, Tara and Eggs. I really liked Tara, but the blank eyes and sex on the floor is old. They could write her out of the show and I wouldn't care.

skategal
08-10-2009, 05:16 PM
I haven't read the books so I have no idea where the story is headed.

Loved Jason last night especially when he told the Reverend that 'he had already been in Heaven.' :lol: Also, loved the green paint from the paintball gun.

I have been sick of the MaryAnn storyline for at least 3 weeks now. It needs to end soon. :blah: :blah: :blah:

Poor Jessica....I hope she can resolve her little problem. :wideeyes:

Bostonfan
08-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Best LOL moment:

Sarah "You are like Judas"

Jason: "Jeez, what'd he do?"

I LMAO! The 2nd LOL moment with Jason was right after he hugged Bill, "Was that alright?". The look on Bill's face was priceless!

I couldn't even watch the making of Hunter's souffle, never mind the eating of it. That particular storyline is boring to me anyway, that when you add gross on top of it, I get even more annoyed.

I need help with the vampire heirarchy. Are Eric and Godric essentially equals? Both Sheriffs with their own territory? Or is Godric more senior in some way due to his age? And how do they relate to the vampire Bill had to face last season for killing a fellow vampire? I got the sense that he was higher than a sheriff. If so, I wonder how he'd feel about Godric's "let's give peace a chance" attitude.