PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Weir: reality series and documentary premiering 5/24/09(merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58

overedge
07-07-2010, 05:16 AM
While mmscfdcsu didn’t initially mention what it was about the Johnny pic that was “scary,” other posters (specifically posters in the recently closed 1000 posts “Johnny news” thread in Great Skate Debate), while commenting on Johnny pics, did question whether Johnny was “trying to decide if he wants a sex change operation.”

So some people expressed one opinion, some people expressed another. What's your point?

aftershocks
07-07-2010, 07:08 AM
If reading the entire thread doesn't help you, then I doubt any point makes any difference.

However, in case it might help you, I was obviously responding directly to sunny sari who agreed that mmscfdcsu hadn't said exactly what was "scary" about the Johnny pic. Since sunny sari said, "I seem to be reading ... all the time lately, 'oh my god what's he thinking...? he just wants to be a woman...!!!'" I pointed out that in fact there are posters on FSU who have made similar remarks about Johnny. The point is, IMHO, Johnny Weir seems quite comfortable in his own skin, and no, I doubt he's gender confused. In fact, in this very thread sunny sari posted that Johnny has said he enjoys "being a man, and everything that comes with it ..." Again, it might help if you read the entire thread, or not if you don't have time.

igniculus
07-07-2010, 07:35 AM
Out.com: Catching up with Johnny Weir (http://www.out.com/detail.asp?page=1&id=27089)

Thanks, that was a very good one!

danceronice
07-07-2010, 02:25 PM
LOL danceronice, I too would have a hard time wearing such huge heels. It takes a lot of practice to learn how to wear high heels. Most of the shoes/ heels we all wear are not made for human feet.

In any case, if you have dancer-like arches, it is somewhat easier, but if you don't (i.e., if you have flat feet) boy the pain you will feel.

Superhighe arches are the only way I survive heels (I have the prototypical Latin dancer foot--wide ball, high rigid arch, narrow heel. Fitting skates is a PITA--I have to have orthotics.) I hope Johnny only does stuff like that for photos--the bunions can be killers in skates! (And I hate how men in women's skirts and shoes always have better legs than I do.)

overedge
07-07-2010, 07:28 PM
If reading the entire thread doesn't help you, then I doubt any point makes any difference.

However, in case it might help you, I was obviously responding directly to sunny sari who agreed that mmscfdcsu hadn't said exactly what was "scary" about the Johnny pic. Since sunny sari said, "I seem to be reading ... all the time lately, 'oh my god what's he thinking...? he just wants to be a woman...!!!'" I pointed out that in fact there are posters on FSU who have made similar remarks about Johnny. The point is, IMHO, Johnny Weir seems quite comfortable in his own skin, and no, I doubt he's gender confused. In fact, in this very thread sunny sari posted that Johnny has said he enjoys "being a man, and everything that comes with it ..." Again, it might help if you read the entire thread, or not if you don't have time.

I have read the entire thread, including your voluminous posts, thanks. And your further attempts to lump mmscfdcsu and her comments on the picture in the same group with the posters who think Johnny should have a sex change are no more convincing.

REO
07-07-2010, 08:08 PM
I have no idea whether mmscfdcsu's comment was in regard to the "impropriety" of the outfit for a man or whether it was just a fashion critique. She just made a quick comment. I responded from a fashion point of view but you can surely forgive anyone who took it as a gender based criticism. Lord knows there have been so many made that people get defensive. Only mmscfdcsu knows what she really meant.

Prancer
07-07-2010, 08:09 PM
I responded from a fashion point of view but you can surely forgive anyone who took it as a gender based criticism. Lord knows there have been so many made that people get defensive.

aftershocks cited two posts. Are there more?

aftershocks
07-07-2010, 09:17 PM
I have read the entire thread, including your voluminous posts, thanks. And your further attempts to lump mmscfdcsu and her comments on the picture in the same group with the posters who think Johnny should have a sex change are no more convincing.

:huh: :wall: :P :argue: :yawn:

It’s one thing to have strong opinions, voice them, engage in debate, and agree to disagree, or see things from a different angle by reflecting upon opinions that differ from yours. Quite another thing entirely to spend time needling other posters incessantly. However, I accept that needles and threads often go together.

Now, shall we dance, or just make a quilt?

Pssssst, for anyone who doesn’t get it: mmscfdcsu already explained the reasoning behind finding the Johnny photo scary, sunny sari already acknowledged that mmscfdcsu did not comment that the photo is scary because JWe seems gender confused. I simply pointed out that there are posters, commenting on Johnny pics in another thread, who in fact did question whether JWe was gender confused. So, no I’m not “lumping” mmscfdcsu’s comments with the comments of other posters.

I have no idea whether mmscfdcsu's comment was in regard to the "impropriety" of the outfit for a man or whether it was just a fashion critique. ...

Thanks REO. For mmscfdcsu's explanation re finding the Johnny photo scary, see post #803 in this thread.

aftershocks cited two posts. Are there more?

I cited the comments I recall having seen here recently. I don't know if there are more on FSU, but I wouldn't be surprised to find more. Certainly there have been a number of similar remarks in the media. E.g., the firestorm of commentary that arose after publication of the Blackbook photos, and the recent comments by a couple of Canadian broadcasters who suggested that Johnny should be gender-tested. Johnny called a press conference in Vancouver to respond to the comments by the Canadian broadcasters (see link below). Perhaps Johnny will discuss more in his book about the multitude of things people have said about him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6-MAmhGKsU

Johnny: "I've heard worse things in bathrooms about me."

... (And I hate how men in women's skirts and shoes always have better legs than I do.)

:lol: Often true. I feel similarly (envious) about guys who have gorgeous, long eyelashes!

mmscfdcsu
07-07-2010, 11:13 PM
I have no idea whether mmscfdcsu's comment was in regard to the "impropriety" of the outfit for a man or whether it was just a fashion critique. She just made a quick comment. I responded from a fashion point of view but you can surely forgive anyone who took it as a gender based criticism. Lord knows there have been so many made that people get defensive. Only mmscfdcsu knows what she really meant.

I was addressing the photo from a fashion standpoint. The photo that Johnny linked on his Twitter looked tacky and low budget. There was nothing fashion related at all about that photo. It just made him look stupid. Very different from the Black Book photos which were artistic and appropriate for a fashion shoot.

sunny_sari
07-08-2010, 12:52 AM
I was addressing the photo from a fashion standpoint. The photo that Johnny linked on his Twitter looked tacky and low budget. There was nothing fashion related at all about that photo. It just made him look stupid. Very different from the Black Book photos which were artistic and appropriate for a fashion shoot.

Tacky and low budget??? Give me a break. He was being silly, goofing around and trying all of the shoes and articles of clothes that the girls and boys of stylecaster were having fun getting him to put on. He wasn't wearing that for actual modelling. Good lord. Low budget....:rolleyes:

mmscfdcsu
07-08-2010, 01:05 AM
Tacky and low budget??? Give me a break. He was being silly, goofing around and trying all of the shoes and articles of clothes that the girls and boys of stylecaster were having fun getting him to put on. He wasn't wearing that for actual modelling. Good lord. Low budget....:rolleyes:

Well, it looked rerally stupid. His hair was awful and the picture just plain didn't work. I would expect that those who drank the kool aid would love the picture. Rational folks, not so much.

sunny_sari
07-08-2010, 01:07 AM
Well, it looked rerally stupid. His hair was awful and the picture just plain didn't work. I would expect that those who drank the kool aid would love the picture. Rational folks, not so much.

I don't drink the "koolaid" and will admit when something doesn't look good. I think you're way judgemental over a goofing around, silly "twitpic."

Anita18
07-08-2010, 01:34 AM
I love the picture because it's insane and Johnny doesn't care that it's insane. Get it gurrrrl! :cheer2:

mmscfdcsu
07-08-2010, 01:35 AM
I love the picture because it's insane and Johnny doesn't care that it's insane. Get it gurrrrl! :cheer2:

We are all entitled to our own opinions. however, when was the last time you had your eyes checked? :lol:

Anita18
07-08-2010, 01:53 AM
We are all entitled to our own opinions. however, when was the last time you had your eyes checked? :lol:
You're right, it's been a while. :saint:

But I never said he had good taste. ;) I just have to admire anybody who goes out of the house in such a crazy outfit.