PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Weir: reality series and documentary premiering 5/24/09(merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58

DickButtonFan
07-04-2010, 12:30 AM
Just curious, why is Johnny perceived to have a feminine figure? I've seen shirtless and sleeveless pics of him and his biceps and shoulders are quite large and defined actually. :confused:

Probably because he looks so lean and his face has soft features.

Polymer Bob
07-04-2010, 01:40 AM
Yes. Studies have shown that everyone is born gay and remain so until they have sex with someone of the other gender.

Yes, but that same study concluded that half of all people are born liberal, and remain that way until they get mugged.

The other half are born conservative, and remain that way until they get arrested. :lol:

mmscfdcsu
07-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Truly scary shot! :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

http://twitpic.com/226vnq

sunny_sari
07-04-2010, 02:13 AM
Truly scary shot! :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

http://twitpic.com/226vnq

See this is my issue. People don't know how to take other people that disrespect gender norms and rules. Johnny is known to be photographed donning heels or wears makeup and people assume that he and others that like the same can't still be men or want sex changes or something. That's what people have a hard time understanding. There are some men or women that have no interest in conforming to what is expected of a male or a female. It doesn't mean they're not happy with their sex.

I've never seen Johnny wear heels outside of silly playing around at photoshoots either. He doesn't dress like this in everyday wear. He was on a radio show a month ago and the host asked him about this and about the gender question. He made it clear that he loves being a man and everything that comes with it. Actually more specifically he said "I love my penis." He's also stated that when he doesn't have to go anywhere he'll go a week without shaving or brushing his hair. Yet it's funny that people get so freaked out that he'll also have no problem throwing on a pair of heels at a photoshoot or carrying around his balenciaga bag. Women can be "tomboys" but men can't do the same "gender blurring" and be accepted by society.

overedge
07-04-2010, 02:36 AM
People don't know how to take other people that disrespect gender norms and rules. Johnny is known to be photographed donning heels or wears makeup and people assume that he and others that like the same can't still be men or want sex changes or something. That's what people have a hard time understanding.

Generalizing much? All "people" are not as ignorant as you seem to think. Maybe some "people" know exactly what Johnny's doing, and simply don't think it's attractive.

sunny_sari
07-04-2010, 02:55 AM
Generalizing much? All "people" are not as ignorant as you seem to think. Maybe some "people" know exactly what Johnny's doing, and simply don't think it's attractive.

I'm not generalizing. Not all people feel this way. Not all people have to like it or find it "attractive" as you say. My qualm is with people who use it against him or others that have his style/taste and use it to make other assumptions. (i.e. "why doesn't he just get a sex change" "he should be gender tested") He gets plenty of that. He wears whatever he wants, whenever he wants and doesn't give a damn what people think. You're entitled to have whatever opinion you want about it but I always wince to see nonconformists like him put down because of it.

overedge
07-04-2010, 02:57 AM
I'm not generalizing. Not all people feel this way. Not all people have to like it or find it "attractive" as you say. My qualm is with people who use it against him or others that have his style/taste and use it to make other assumptions. (i.e. "why doesn't he just get a sex change" "he should be gender tested")

I didn't see the poster who called the photo "scary" saying any of those things.

mmscfdcsu
07-04-2010, 03:04 AM
I didn't see the poster who called the photo "scary" saying any of those things.

Of course not. His sexuality is not the issue. I get more concerned with the prolonged childhood.

sunny_sari
07-04-2010, 03:05 AM

Nope. I guess my brain just automatically cues up the inevitable: "oh my god what's he thinking...? he just wants to be a woman...!!! " I seem to be reading this all the time lately, it seems to be all some people can focus on and they get angry about it or something. I don't understand. Perhaps I am being too hasty.

sunny_sari
07-04-2010, 03:08 AM
Of course not. His sexuality is not the issue. I get more concerned with the prolonged childhood.

Johnny is more in-demand for interviews and modelling shoots now than he's ever been. He's expressed an interest in the avant garde and becoming involved in fashion since he was a tiny pup on the junior circuit. How is doing a photoshoot for stylecaster and posing in heels childish? So when you reach 26 is there a rule about only suits and ties? Or perhaps button up polos? Are you allowed to express various aspects of your gender freedom only as an act of youth? Does that end when you're an adult? Confused. :confused:

mmscfdcsu
07-04-2010, 03:12 AM
Johnny is more in-demand for interviews and modelling shoots now than he's ever been. He's expressed an interest in the avant garde and becoming involved in fashion since he was a tiny pup on the junior circuit. How is doing a photoshoot for stylecaster and posing in heels childish? So when you reach 26 is there a rule about only suits and ties? Or perhaps button up polos? Are you allowed to express various aspects of your gender freedom only as an act of youth? Does that end when you're an adult? Confused. :confused:

No he doesn't have to wear a traditional suit. :rolleyes: It is just strange that a guy who is so into fashion can't put a decent outfit together, as evidenced by pictures at various events. Perhaps he will be able to dress others, but IMO, he has lousy taste most of the time for himself. And, IMO, the shot I linked to has nothing to do with fashion. It seems that he is channeling Pee Wee Herman.

sunny_sari
07-04-2010, 03:18 AM
No he doesn't have to wear a traditional suit. :rolleyes: It is just strange that a guy who is so into fashion can't put a decent outfit together, as evidenced by pictures at various events. Perhaps he will be able to dress others, but IMO, he has lousy taste most of the time for himself. And, IMO, the shot I linked to has nothing to do with fashion. It seems that he is channeling Pee Wee Herman.

I don't remember Pee Wee wearing heels ??? Hmm I guess we'll agree to disagree about putting together a decent outfit. I've seen tons of times where he's looked totally beautiful (those pics from his birthday for one) and loved his clothes. Also there are tons of times where I've thought WHAT??? Then I laugh. I haven't thought it childish though just more like his brain would be a trippy place to visit. Mostly I think he looks good and then throws in something totally wack like a piece of tulle and then I want to smack him but also think it's funny. He thinks he's lady gaga. :lol: The only time I ever thought he was channeling Pee Wee was when he wore his newly blackened hair slicked to the side with his super pale skin and rosy lips at the MTV awards. Just. No.

I think it's amazing that he's as daring as he is with what he tries and it's cool that he's so consistent, like he's been this way from the very beginning. I remember back in 2005 during the Olympic press conference he was wearing Mickey Mouse shirts. :duh:

REO
07-04-2010, 04:19 AM

If it was a photo shoot I doubt he put the outfit together. He has said on more than one occasion that the Blackbook pics that everyone had a cow about were things he was asked by Blackbook to wear. Not things he brought to be photographed in. I imagine this was the same deal. I will agree with you though inthat I don't like the outfit, just as an outfit, not because it's wrong of him to wear it. I hate short boots with dresses or shorts on girls as well.

museksk8r
07-04-2010, 04:42 AM
How is doing a photoshoot for stylecaster and posing in heels childish? So when you reach 26 is there a rule about only suits and ties? Or perhaps button up polos? Are you allowed to express various aspects of your gender freedom only as an act of youth? Does that end when you're an adult? Confused. :confused:

:) ;) It's called being comfortable and free in your own skin and mind and it's his way of having fun and being Johnny.

Those who simply don't think it's attractive have a choice not to watch him then. He certainly doesn't have to/isn't going to change who he is for them, and to that I say, good for you, Johnny! :cheer2::cool:

REO
07-04-2010, 05:24 AM

Are you one of the "people" who knows exactly what he's doing?!! I didn't know you were so close to him!
I do know what you mean though. It's a personal choice. Like I think being hypercritical and supercilious is unattractive. ;)