PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Weir: reality series and documentary premiering 5/24/09(merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58

igniculus
07-03-2010, 02:51 PM
LOL, who knows? :D Anyway, his twitter status was changed recently from the usual "figure skater, fashionista... yadda yadda", and he added "Lover" too. :sekret:

Wyliefan
07-03-2010, 03:05 PM
quite tall for his size.

:confused: :D

REO
07-03-2010, 03:49 PM
LOL, who knows? :D Anyway, his twitter status was changed recently from the usual "figure skater, fashionista... yadda yadda", and he added "Lover" too. :sekret:

Uhoh! Verrrry interesting. :lol:

kimkom
07-03-2010, 04:03 PM
I think I remember that. Some reporter asked him ( essentially ) whether he had sex with men or women. Johnny replied that with his busy schedule, he had sex with nobody. :lol:

Philosophically, can a guy who doesn't have sex be gay? :confused:

Philosophically, can a guy who has never had sex be straight? :confused:

Jaana
07-03-2010, 06:03 PM
You know, I stood next to him too. And before we met, I thought he'd be a tiny little guy, but actually he seemed to be quite tall for his size.

Maybe he used some extra shoes to give more height? I have seen Weir live, and to me he looked a rather short guy ( around 5' 6"). A while ago I met a friend I had not seen for years and suddenly he was really taller than me, which was not earlier the case. And I have not gotten shorter and besides I had shoes with heels on in that occasion. So, it is not unusual for men to wear shoes to give them more height...

museksk8r
07-03-2010, 06:15 PM
I think I remember that. Some reporter asked him ( essentially ) whether he had sex with men or women. Johnny replied that with his busy schedule, he had sex with nobody. :lol:

Philosophically, can a guy who has never had sex be straight? :confused:

Sex is more mental and emotional than physical, IMO. It harks back to our sexuality and attraction not being a choice but what we are born with. I've never had physical sex with a woman, but I know without a doubt in my mind and in my heart that I am not straight. I have made out with a girl before and I can tell you that it didn't compare at all to making out with a boy for me. From the moment I was 11 and my hormones really kicked in, my attention was directed at the same sex. I can think a woman is sexy and beautiful, but I've never once had a desire to actually have sex with one. No offense at all to the ladies. ;)

If the act of sex and a person's orientation only required a person to be physically active, then wouldn't our orientations be a choice and not a trait that we are born with? It's not like I can just shut off my mind and my emotions and have sex with a woman and suddenly be straight. What a miserable life that would be for myself and for the girl I was deceiving. Love, attraction, and sexual orientation isn't a switch you can just turn on and off.

PeterG
07-03-2010, 06:38 PM

Yes. Studies have shown that everyone is born gay and remain so until they have sex with someone of the other gender.

But we all make mistakes.

;)

sunny_sari
07-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Sex is more mental and emotional than physical, IMO. It harks back to our sexuality and attraction not being a choice but what we are born with. I've never had physical sex with a woman, but I know without a doubt in my mind and in my heart that I am not straight. I have made out with a girl before and I can tell you that it didn't compare at all to making out with a boy for me. From the moment I was 11 and my hormones really kicked in, my attention was directed at the same sex. I can think a woman is sexy and beautiful, but I've never once had a desire to actually have sex with one. No offense at all to the ladies. ;)

If the act of sex and a person's orientation only required a person to be physically active, then wouldn't our orientations be a choice and not a trait that we are born with? It's not like I can just shut off my mind and my emotions and have sex with a woman and suddenly be straight. What a miserable life that would be for myself and for the girl I was deceiving. Love, attraction, and sexual orientation isn't a switch you can just turn on and off.

Very well said, thank you. To be honest I was shaking my head a little at some of the comments made about sexuality before you... hoping really that people were just kidding, because seriously.... :wall:

And Johnny Weir is NOT 5 foot 6. His waist and legs are long. I really have no idea why people keep arguing that. If you pay attention to vids of him practicing, his show, backstage, etc. Just the fact that he appears to tower over people when in his skates suggests he's not that short to begin with. He doesn't wear heeled shoes or lifts, he wears those pointy flats. He is NOT shorter than 5'9. Check out the youtube vid of him practising backstage with Stephane Lambiel. Both are in running shoes and Johnny is noticeably taller than Lambiel who is 5'8. Sheesh.

igniculus
07-03-2010, 06:46 PM
:confused: :D

Touche! :rofl: I meant his body size, because it's a common (mis)percieption that he has a feminine figure. He hasn't.

Maybe he used some extra shoes to give more height?

No, definitely not. He was wearing casual, flat shoes.

sunny_sari
07-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Touche! :rofl: I meant his body size, because it's a common (mis)percieption that he has a feminine figure. He hasn't.

Just curious, why is Johnny perceived to have a feminine figure? I've seen shirtless and sleeveless pics of him and his biceps and shoulders are quite large and defined actually. :confused:

Jaana
07-03-2010, 06:54 PM

Was he not wearing long trousers? Casual, flat looking shoes may hide a lot, LOL. In this video Weir can be seen next to Kurt Browning (who is rather short) and Weir is only very little taller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hDiWLoCYwA&feature=PlayList&p=7D8FEB3C1E36EBF9&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=69 0:20

museksk8r
07-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Yes. Studies have shown that everyone is born gay and remain so until they have sex with someone of the other gender.

But we all make mistakes.

;)

:rofl:

Snowgirl
07-03-2010, 08:42 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dHCbm05HA3cY/610x.jpg

On this pic all men wear skates. Inless Weir has secret heels inside his skates, he is nearly the same height as Joubert, who is never perceived as short.

igniculus
07-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Just curious, why is Johnny perceived to have a feminine figure? I've seen shirtless and sleeveless pics of him and his biceps and shoulders are quite large and defined actually. :confused:

I did not say I think he has a feminine figure. But he gets made fun of himself by others because they think he is more fragile. I think he has a very nice, masculine body. :swoon:

alchemy void
07-04-2010, 12:16 AM

Probably because he dresses so femininely? :scream: