PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Weir: reality series and documentary premiering 5/24/09(merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

REO
06-25-2010, 09:48 PM
They could have footage of the KOI shows he did (watching him and Lambiel fool around is worthwhile) and Japan is coming up soon so there will be skating they can film for a second season. Also some of his charity benefit shows have been great.

REO
06-27-2010, 06:08 PM
One hour long Season 1 Finale tonight at 9:00. Be there or be square. lol

judiz
06-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Sundance is showing all the shows from season one now leading up to the season finale.

judiz
06-27-2010, 09:28 PM
There's also a blog by Johnny about the Olympics on the Sundance website.

http://www.sundancechannel.com/sunfiltered/2010/06/johnny-weir-looks-back-at-the-olympics-fortius-altius-maximus/

Carolla5501
06-28-2010, 01:37 AM
There's also a blog by Johnny about the Olympics on the Sundance website.

http://www.sundancechannel.com/sunfiltered/2010/06/johnny-weir-looks-back-at-the-olympics-fortius-altius-maximus/

"While this blog sounds a bit “woe to me,”" Well at least he's sort of honest.

"During all the craziness, I was also finding time to train with Galina and Viktor and start preparations for the World Championships, which were only a few weeks away." (The training for World's is the part I have trouble believing!)

Sparks
06-28-2010, 01:59 AM
Maybe that's really what was going on at that time.

stjeaskategym
06-28-2010, 03:52 AM
AFAIK, the last time they spoke was when Johnny told her about withdrawing from Worlds. That's how it appears on BGJW.

BGJW is a TV show, so I think any "drama" between Johnny and Galina would be welcomed and played up. My guess is that if he is serious about competing again, she will eventually forgive him for skipping Worlds and will be fine about coaching him (especially if she wants the money and wants to keep coaching a top athlete).

If Johnny ends up wanting to keep competing though, it may help him to acknowledge his flaws/weaknesses. His LP at the Olympics wasn't as "flawless" as he claimed in the show, and although I believe he deserved to finish a bit higher, I don't think he was exactly "robbed" of a medal. At least he does seem extremely proud of his Olympic performances, because in the end, that's the most important thing. If he does retire, I hope it's because he feels he has exhausted all opportunities in the sport and not because he's bitter and thinks the judges are out to get him.

REO
06-28-2010, 04:31 AM
I don't think he thinks the judges are "out to get him", but as seen by the fact that no one from team USA showed up for his last practice session when they're supposed to always be there, he doesn't think he gets the support by his Federation that, face it, a skater needs to get high scores that put him in contention for the win. Apparently they didn't even give a rat if he got injured. In that way I think he HAS exhausted his opportunities in the sport and it would be futile to continue. It's just really hard when your life has had such focus since you were a child to let it go, but I'm thinking he's truly done. I know he's talked about taking a year but people who do that seldom come back successfully. Except for Plushy the superman. lol

ginask8s
06-28-2010, 11:25 AM
"While this blog sounds a bit “woe to me,”" Well at least he's sort of honest.

"During all the craziness, I was also finding time to train with Galina and Viktor and start preparations for the World Championships, which were only a few weeks away." (The training for World's is the part I have trouble believing!)

If the book sounds anything like this blog,I think it will do well. He sounds so sincere and matter of fact.The thing about noone showing up for his practice is terrible. Way to make him feel confident. Have to sayIwatched the last episode of Be Good and was left wanting more. I'm guessing thats the plan...

DickButtonFan
06-28-2010, 11:52 AM
Loved the show so when is the next season? Can't wait already.

BittyBug
06-28-2010, 02:13 PM
This episode was an emotional roller coaster. From the highs to the soul-crushing lows, it was pretty intense.

His relationships with families and friends played a much larger role in this episode, too, and it was nice to see his friendship with Tanith. All in all a very revealing episode, even if the one tidbit that I'm sure many tuned in for - will he or won't he? (continue skating) was not addressed.

mmscfdcsu
06-29-2010, 05:20 PM
His live Twitter thing is going on right now.

mmscfdcsu
06-29-2010, 05:35 PM
He says he is doing the session from the rink. And, that he worked with Galina this morning.

http://twitter.com/JohnnyGWeir

BittyBug
06-29-2010, 05:50 PM
http://twitter.com/JohnnyGWeir

Twitter is over capacity. :(

So before it crashed, I could see his answers but not the questions. Is there a way to see the questions?

BittyBug
06-29-2010, 05:55 PM
OK - looks like it's back up (sort of). This makes me happy:

@angelanvr7 @bluefly_com #bfclosets G and I had a talk a few weeks ago. We both needed space to deal with Olys. We're great now.:cheer2: