PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Weir: reality series and documentary premiering 5/24/09(merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

libby
03-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Judiz is correct - Johnny lived at home with his family in Delaware. He didn't move into his own apartment until he went to NJ to train with Galina, and Paris moved in with him then.

judiz
03-08-2010, 11:00 PM
I got the impression they did share an apartment in Delaware because I remember Johnny telling about how the upstairs neighbor had a fire and he and Paris put it out or some such tale. I think it was in his journal.

That's true but Johnny was just hanging out at Paris' apartment that day watching videos when the fire started. There is another journal where Johnny writes how someone watched him at practice and then started to follow him when he left the rink so he drove to Paris' apartment because he did not want anyone to know where he lived.

twinsissv
03-09-2010, 05:25 AM
Well... I must say that after having seen her very revealing interview with Viacheslav tonight, it's easy to see from which parent Johnny got those dazzling eyelashes! Wow! :lol:

REO
03-09-2010, 06:16 AM
Was that a hoot? She's a good sport.

Thanks Judiz for clarifying.

RebeccaCP
03-09-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm only 15 minutes into the latest episode and one again, I love Johnny's mother. And I thought that Paris once again came off as a little sh!t of sorts, personally. I love the contrast between Johnny stating he missed living with Paris. Paris spent his segment going on about how much better his new living arrangements are for him, etc. After all, Johnny was never home, you know. :rolleyes:

kwanfan1818
03-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Episode 6 is out.

Cheylana
03-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Well... I must say that after having seen her very revealing interview with Viacheslav tonight, it's easy to see from which parent Johnny got those dazzling eyelashes! Wow! :lol:
I couldn't stop laughing when he said Johnny came from her v-----. Good grief!

igniculus
03-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Episode 6 is out.

I just watched it this evening. :swoon: Bless his soul, his illness at NHK looks like more serious than it seemed. :fragile: Vachioslav PML again! :rofl:

twinsissv
03-09-2010, 11:46 PM
I couldn't stop laughing when he said Johnny came from her v-----. Good grief!

Oh, yes indeed. :eek: This journalist is completely out of control! Russia really needs to reel him in post haste! But I've given this matter a great deal of thought... and I think I know the reason for his behavior. He's obviously been hanging out with Johnny waaaaayyy too long. Shocking...just SHOCKING!!!

Octoberopals
03-10-2010, 02:25 AM
I haven't been able to find Sundance On Demand on my Time Warner system - I seem to have everything else On Demand - any suggestions? I'm in NYC - Northern Manhattan

Look under Television Entertainment in the ON DEMAND section {not Television Series}.....that's where I found it. It will be listed as Sundance or Sundance Chanel. LOTS of different things are listed under Television Entertainment.....BBC, for one; there are many that I don't have a clue what they are......I was way too focus on finding Johnny Weir!!!

PS. This is Houston, TX & I simply adore all the eposides of Johnny Weir; I think #7 may be out now.

jlai
03-10-2010, 11:42 AM
I watched episode 4-6. You can tell this is a story totally from Weir's perspective. For one thing, you can tell they quoted only bits of what Paris said so you'll never know both sides of the story on that one. Yeah, and their mentioning Jeremy only when Weir beat him (in NHK).

Nothing wrong with that though. I expect the same with Be good Lysacek or Be good Abbott. ;)

Skittl1321
03-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Poor Jeremy- he finally gets shown and it's just for a splatfest. At least Johnny did nicely narrate "fortunately for me"- in that, it made it sound like he's not GLAD Jeremy is incredibly inconsistent, but instead recognizes that if he wasn't he wouldn't have placed so well.

sus2850
03-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Just because someone asked about Paris, he said he works in "property management" in a clip called "Pop Stars on Ice: bonus interviews with Johnny, mom Patti and best friend Paris" from this site:
http://www.lifeskate.com/video/video-johnny-weir.html
It starts at 02:40 and I he doesn't come off badly.

pairsskater
03-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Poor Jeremy- he finally gets shown and it's just for a splatfest. At least Johnny did nicely narrate "fortunately for me"- in that, it made it sound like he's not GLAD Jeremy is incredibly inconsistent, but instead recognizes that if he wasn't he wouldn't have placed so well.

I thought that, too, but then I realized that's exactly how I think of Jeremy Abbott. I've seen him skate twice, once at Nats and once at a show---he was great at Nats and a splatfest (embarrassingly--that's our Nat'l champ?) at the show. He is very inconsistent and Johnny could have said Jeremy skated poorly and left it at that, but he did recognize Jeremy's talent.

sk9tingfan
03-10-2010, 05:24 PM
I just watched it this evening. :swoon: Bless his soul, his illness at NHK looks like more serious than it seemed. :fragile: Vachioslav PML again! :rofl:

When I met him at Narita, I knew he was off just by the color of his face/affect and he confirmed it. By the next day, his face was swollen, his eyes were glassy and he looked just miserable, which was confirmed by a temp between 101 and 102 degrees F. It was a good thing that he had some antibiotics with him

I haven't seen the episode yet (on my DVR), but what is probably laying on the cutting room floor is a filmed discussion that I had with him about using cupping and clapping on his chest and back to break up the horrendous congestion that ultimately drained into his chest. We didn't have to go that far. He ran fever on both the SP and LP days and was still sick when he left for NJ.