PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Weir: reality series and documentary premiering 5/24/09(merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Sasha'sSpins
02-16-2010, 11:41 PM
I don't think Evan came across badly either. His appearance almost has a comical aspect in the he has obviously been selected to play the stereotypical role of the villain.

I don't think Evan comes across badly either.

I think Johnny's references to 'my darling rival Evan' are a hoot. :lol:

And as I am BOTH an Evan and Johnny fan I am delighted to see much more of both. :cool:

Charlini
02-25-2010, 03:31 AM
Episode 105 is now available on-demand...:rollin::watch:

crs
02-26-2010, 12:42 AM
I don't think Evan comes across badly either.

I think Johnny's references to 'my darling rival Evan' are a hoot. :lol:

And as I am BOTH an Evan and Johnny fan I am delighted to see much more of both. :cool:

what is johnny implying about evan,hummm...lol!

meggonzo
02-26-2010, 12:46 AM
episodes have finally been posted on iTunes! It is $20.99 for a season pass, or $2.99 per episode.

Screenie
02-27-2010, 04:51 AM
Funny segment from Current TV called "That's Gay: Johnny Weir"
Link: http://current.com/items/92224102_thats-gay-johnny-weir.htm

judiz
02-27-2010, 04:30 PM
The Sundance Channel website's home page for Be Good Johnny Weir has outtakes from the series posted.

lulu
03-02-2010, 03:04 AM
Johnny Weir, body paint: the outtakes from the Vanity Fair Blog

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2010/03/johnny-weir-body-paint-the-outtakes.html

BigB08822
03-06-2010, 01:42 AM
I finally caught a couple of episodes of this. I really REALLY enjoyed it. It gave me a different look at Johnny Weir. He came across extremely likable which is NOT the usual impression I get from him. Not sure why that is, maybe the stuff he says in interviews and to the press is just too OTT for me but I could see from this show that he is a good guy. It is also striking how good looking he is when he appears more "normal" and without the weird hair and makeup. I put the series on record and look forward to more. I wish this was done before the Olympic season as I doubt we get a season 2 of this.

Rottie
03-06-2010, 02:11 AM
Johnny Weir, body paint: the outtakes from the Vanity Fair Blog

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2010/03/johnny-weir-body-paint-the-outtakes.html

Great interview, too. Thanks for the link!

kimkom
03-06-2010, 02:45 AM
Just got a message on my PVR announcing I now have the Sundance Channel....only it's the Canadian version which doesn't have the show. :wall:

I'm still hoping it will come out on dvd. :fingerscrossed:

Sasha'sSpins
03-06-2010, 05:56 AM
what is johnny implying about evan,hummm...lol!

I can't begin to imagine. ;)

igniculus
03-06-2010, 08:49 AM
It was indicated that there might be 5 more episodes of Be Good Johnny Weir, or an entire second season, if it stays that popular as it is. Let's keep our fingers crossed! :cheer2:

AYS
03-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Natalie Coughlin loves Johnny Weir...and Johnny is swimmer Mel Stewart's favorite Vancouver Olympian. This is actually an 8-minute interview with Natalie, they talk about ohnny at around 3:50. Cute interview all around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45telcPVCE8&feature=youtube_gdata

snoopysnake
03-07-2010, 03:10 AM
I just got to see the Pop Star on Ice film and the first 5 episodes of the 1/2 hour series. These are extremely well done and enjoyable.

It seemed rather cruel of Paris to just split when and how he did. What does he do anyhow? That's a pretty posh NY pad he's moved to, even if he does have roommates.

I really liked the part about returning to Johnny's elementary school, and the Long Island clinic. He complained about doing those kinds of things, but he really seemed to wind up having a great time.

The Viacheslav character is a riot - like something out of Borat or Bruno. He looks really cute in the blond wig and glasses!

One thing could be a problem - what does Galina think of these comments Johnny is making about her off the ice? Surely she'll find out, if she hasn't already. He's called her a battleaxe, a (synonym for female dog) and other things he wouldn't dare say to her face. It could be the way the show is edited, but it seems that they really make each other miserable and dislike each other intensely, and the positive impact on Johnny's skating comes and goes. Fortunately, he had two great Olympic performances, even if the judges undermarked him. But I wonder how the future bodes for this coach-pupil relationship.

I get the feeling that Johnny needs to have a good cry-like-a-baby comfort session with his mom once in awhile, or more often if he already does. He's lucky to have such a great relationship with Patti. She really understands him!

Swishcicle
03-07-2010, 03:58 AM
One thing could be a problem - what does Galina think of these comments Johnny is making about her off the ice? Surely she'll find out, if she hasn't already. He's called her a battleaxe, a (synonym for female dog) and other things he wouldn't dare say to her face. It could be the way the show is edited, but it seems that they really make each other miserable and dislike each other intensely, and the positive impact on Johnny's skating comes and goes. Fortunately, he had two great Olympic performances, even if the judges undermarked him. But I wonder how the future bodes for this coach-pupil relationship.

Johnny bitches and moans but at the end of the day, he understands that Galina is good for him. I (unfortunately) have the same personality type. I have to be dragged kicking and screaming into some things and while I realize that it is something I have to do, it doesn't stop me from complaining about it during the process.

I don't see that they dislike each other intensely. Galina's the disciplinarian. Of course Johnny is going to get irritated with her. Of course Galina is going to be angry when he doesn't listen to her. I do get the impression that they care for each other. Johnny jokes about Galina affectionately and I often see glimpses of Galina mothering him.

There is a very sweet outtake from BGJW where Galina is obviously really proud of him and Johnny is dabbing away her tears. It is adorable. Click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhxzKqDqQpk).