PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Weir: reality series and documentary premiering 5/24/09(merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

sk9tingfan
02-05-2010, 04:28 PM
BY THE WAY - As per Japanese Dance Magazine, the DVD of "Pop Star on Ice" is already available in Japan. Apologies if this has already been mentioned here.

Please note that supposedly, the Japanese format is not playable on US DVD players. I would have bought one when I was at NHK, but didn't due to this fact.

Cupid
02-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Was it ever explained why Paris left him?

Frau Muller
02-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Please note that supposedly, the Japanese format is not playable on US DVD players. I would have bought one when I was at NHK, but didn't due to this fact.

Right...but lots of folks in the US have discovered those $150 Phillips-brand (and maybe other brand) "region free and all-formats" DVD players that play anything in the planet. In fact, prices seem to have gone down since I bought mine a couple of years ago.

Check this out:

http://www.world-import.com/dvd-converter-1.htm

Others companies around the net, I am sure.

Sorry for OFF TOPIC (somewhat) but I love to share good news with friends. The world can be our oyster! :)

deltask8er
02-05-2010, 05:11 PM

Why would that be? Both the U.S. and Japan use the NTSC system of video.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC

The videos I have received from Japan have worked fine in both my VCR and DVD players.

Skittl1321
02-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Why would that be? Both the U.S. and Japan use the NTSC system of video.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC

The videos I have received from Japan have worked fine in both my VCR and DVD players.

Because DVDs are coded to regions (supposedly it cuts piracy.. lol). Most DVD players that americans own only play Region 1. You're lucky if you unknowingly picked up an all regions player.

VHS tapes shouldn't make a difference, at least, I don't know how they could.

figuristka
02-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks so much ninadel for posting the link for PSOI.:)

Cheylana
02-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Was it ever explained why Paris left him?
It was said that Paris really wanted to be in NYC, whereas Johnny couldn't really afford an apartment there. Paris also said something about how Johnny would be extra stressed out during the Olympic season, I guess he didn't want to be in the middle of that.

PeterG
02-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Paris also said something about how Johnny would be extra stressed out during the Olympic season, I guess he didn't want to be in the middle of that.

OMG!!! I do that too! If anyone I know starts to struggle in any way, shape or form, they belive you me, I find the nearest exit and RUN!!! It really makes things so much easier for all of us. Try it out. It works!!

:)

Cheylana
02-05-2010, 09:29 PM
OMG!!! I do that too! If anyone I know starts to struggle in any way, shape or form, they belive you me, I find the nearest exit and RUN!!! It really makes things so much easier for all of us. Try it out. It works!!

:)
Oh - I just want to be clear that I'm not judging Paris, I was just trying to reiterate what I think he said. (Was hard to tell, he kind of mumbles sometimes!)

Cupid
02-05-2010, 09:56 PM
It was said that Paris really wanted to be in NYC, whereas Johnny couldn't really afford an apartment there. Paris also said something about how Johnny would be extra stressed out during the Olympic season, I guess he didn't want to be in the middle of that.

Fair weather friend, perhaps? I remember Johnny saying on his show that Paris and he were like a married couple, but without the sex. :lol:

psycho
02-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Fair weather friend, perhaps? I remember Johnny saying on his show that Paris and he were like a married couple, but without the sex. :lol:

No matter what one may think about Paris as a person and his behavior, I think he proved that he is anything but a fair weather friend. He stuck by Johnny through thick and thin, and Johnny has said he was one of the few people who had always been in his corner.

Helenista
02-05-2010, 10:22 PM
I sort of remember an interview at one of the "Pop Star on Ice" premieres where Paris said that he had gotten a regular job and he moved to be closer to it. Of course I coud be dreaming this...

judiz
02-05-2010, 10:45 PM
I also heard that Paris moved to be closer to his new job. Sometimes no matter how close friends who are with someone, you just can't live with them and it's better to live apart and stay best friends then risk losing the friendship forever.

Cheylana
02-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Good on Paris for getting a job! They didn't mention the job thing on the show, did they? Goes to show you can't trust what they say on these reality shows, because they made it seem like he was just being a total flake, bailing on Johnny for no good reason!

Swishcicle
02-05-2010, 11:59 PM
I love Paris but I was as annoyed as Patti that he seemed to have sprung the news on Johnny suddenly enough that Johnny barely had time to move out. If one of my roommates did that to me, I would be so pissed off. He should have planned better.

I caught episode 104 on demand. It was fascinating as usual and I loved every minute of it. :swoon: I'm saddened (though not surprised) that Galina seemed to change quite a bit of David Wilson's choreography. RIP Johnny's "ass swivels". :(