PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Weir: reality series and documentary premiering 5/24/09(merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Sasha is DIVINE
06-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Great pics Elky!!! First Oksana, now Johnny!! Hopefully you can meet Pasha next!

Indra486
06-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Yes, because Sarah Palin is known for talking about Plushenko and Swiss guys. :lol:

Well you can see Russia from Alaska, ya know? :rofl:

Louis
06-13-2009, 12:13 AM
Funny exchanges between me and Sweets during the premiere:

Sweets: Are you a Johnny's angel?
Me: HELL NO! (:rofl: at the thought)
Sweets: Are they are on FSU?
Me: They're like seven levels of crazy beyond FSU.
Sweets: I didn't think that was possible.
Me: Oh you poor naive thing.

Sweets [every time they showed Johnny in competition]: Did you see that live? Did you see that live? Did you see that live?
Me: No. No. No. (OK, there was an occasional yes in there.)
[Footage shown of Johnny at 1999 Wissahickon]
Sweets: [finally does not ask.]
Me: I was at that one live.
Sweets: [Eyes bulge and pretends to get up and run out of the theater].

Woman next to us: [rant about how Johnny was robbed at 2008 Nationals.]
Sweets: Did you think he was robbed?
Me: [apparently not whispering low enough] No.
Woman next to us: [glare of death]
End of show: [Woman next to us stands up when Johnny's Angels are acknowledged :scream: :rofl:]

LadyNit
06-13-2009, 01:07 AM
entire post

ZOMG, Louis, I'm :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: reading about both Sweets and the JA. heeheee

--
change of subject: Where was Priscilla??? How come she didn't come to the premiere???

Indra486
06-13-2009, 01:11 AM
ZOMG, Louis, I'm :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: reading about both Sweets and the JA. heeheee

--
change of subject: Where was Priscilla??? How come she didn't come to the premiere???

She is currently Ashley's coach. :shuffle:

LadyNit
06-13-2009, 01:50 AM
She is currently Ashley's coach. :shuffle:

:huh: What does that have to do with anything?

Sylvia
06-13-2009, 02:28 AM
An IN video (~12 mins.) is up now -- Q&A with Johnny and Patti Weir and the filmmakers, including footage of him getting ready for the premier and on the red carpet (ETA: people have register in order to watch but it's free).

libby
06-13-2009, 02:29 AM
:huh: What does that have to do with anything?Maybe Indra meant that Priscilla was probably traveling with Ashley to Champs Camp on Thursday, since that is when most of the skaters and coaches seem to have arrived.*

ETA: Dang! My mysterious asterisks are back - I thought I had gotten rid of them when I posted several times today without them showing up. Does anyone know what causes them? They seem to show up when I click on "send" and instead of sending, my post deletes paragraph spacing, and I have to hit "send" again to put the post through.

libby
06-13-2009, 02:33 AM
An IN video (~12 mins.) is up now -- Q&A with Johnny and Patti Weir and the filmmakers, including footage of him getting ready for the premier and on the red carpet (think people have to be an paying subscriber).

Sylvia, I was able to watch the video without subscribing, but I did have to register. It didn't cost anything.

Johnny's mom is great.

twinsissv
06-13-2009, 05:51 AM
Well you can see Russia from Alaska, ya know? :rofl:

:lol:
:cold:

:lol:

psycho
06-13-2009, 05:55 AM
Loved Johnny's interview as he's getting his make-up done. It was less formal than usual, and more relaxed. I love that he admitted that he hates Champ Camp and Colorado. :lol: I bet 90% of other skaters who are forced to go there feel the same way (100% of the veterans, probably :D).

I can't remember which is which, but the film-maker with longish black hair: very hot.:D

PS: I never thought of Evan as even remotely intellingent, and even considering he's an athlete, I would still put him at the lower end of the "brightness" distribution, but in addition to being stupid Palin is also a vile, hateful bitch. Unless we get images of Evan shooting deer and ripping apart its carcass, I wouldn't compare him to Palin.:shuffle:

taylorfax
06-13-2009, 03:24 PM
I can't remember which is which, but the film-maker with longish black hair: very hot.:D

*nod* Love how he goes 'IceNetwork is great' in the end. :)

And it IS great. That premiere video was kickass!

There is another review here that has a great quote from Johnny about fighting to the death to be pretty.
http://www.homo-neurotic.com/2009/06/12/johnny-weir-pop-star-on-ice-gives-us-a-peek-into-the-crack-house-with-rhinestones-and-glitter/

Sinclare
06-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Love it! Congrats! :40beers:

Wyliefan
06-13-2009, 04:18 PM
PS: I never thought of Evan as even remotely intellingent, and even considering he's an athlete, I would still put him at the lower end of the "brightness" distribution, but in addition to being stupid Palin is also a vile, hateful bitch. Unless we get images of Evan shooting deer and ripping apart its carcass, I wouldn't compare him to Palin.:shuffle:

:rolleyes:

How about (1) getting a grip and (2) leaving this crap out of the skating threads?

Indra486
06-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Maybe Indra meant that Priscilla was probably traveling with Ashley to Champs Camp on Thursday, since that is when most of the skaters and coaches seem to have arrived.*

ETA: Dang! My mysterious asterisks are back - I thought I had gotten rid of them when I posted several times today without them showing up. Does anyone know what causes them? They seem to show up when I click on "send" and instead of sending, my post deletes paragraph spacing, and I have to hit "send" again to put the post through.

Also it may not be convenient for either Ashley if Priscilla heads over to New York. Yes, it's only a day, but I would guess Priscilla's top priority is helping Ashley get ready for the upcoming season.