PDA

View Full Version : Figure skating related Twitters

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

midori
09-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Please don't tell me he's attempting a comeback ala Lambiel!!!!

Comeback or not, Jeff will be competing in Japan Open in a few weeks. :cheer:

museksk8r
09-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Thanks! I never thought of that. Choreographing 4.5 minutes which optimizes COP and plays to a skater's strengths and matches the music could be a daunting task!

:) That's my first guess as to what he could be referring to. Of course, I'd love to see a Buttle comeback into competition, but I don't see it happening. Jeff took his time contemplating his decision and seemed pretty adamant that his mind was made up about leaving competition. Choreography work and show touring keeps him very busy, I'm sure. A choreographer's job is usually not done until the end of a season, the World Championships, as most programs undergo numerous drafts/revisions to find out what best works for the skater to suit their capabilities and comfort, their music, and the judges' reactions/feedback to optimize COP, as you mentioned. :cool:

museksk8r
09-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Comeback or not, Jeff will be competing in Japan Open in a few weeks. :cheer:

Oh yeah, you're right! He very well could have been referring to the Japan Open. I almost forgot until you reminded me. Thanks! :)

haejin14
09-17-2009, 10:59 PM
AlexShibutani:

"Ann Arbor, Michigan: Home to some of the friendliest squirrels you will ever meet. http://pic.gd/3a5510"

"Free giveaways are a pretty good indicator of how hungry/thirsty/shameless college students can be."

hehe I love his tweets. Soo funny!!

CharlieAWhite:

"Trev: so I decided to try out for the team sun. Me: Excuse me?! Trev: yeah dude, I made the team, I'm on the cheer team. I'm a cheerleader."

Is Trevor really a cheer leader?!? Or is it just joke?

Triple Butz
09-18-2009, 01:24 AM
AlexShibutani:

"Ann Arbor, Michigan: Home to some of the friendliest squirrels you will ever meet. http://pic.gd/3a5510"

"Free giveaways are a pretty good indicator of how hungry/thirsty/shameless college students can be."

hehe I love his tweets. Soo funny!!

CharlieAWhite:

"Trev: so I decided to try out for the team sun. Me: Excuse me?! Trev: yeah dude, I made the team, I'm on the cheer team. I'm a cheerleader."

Is Trevor really a cheer leader?!? Or is it just joke?

When I was at U of M my dorm mate and I discovered a really friendly squirrel right outside our door that was letting people pet it. We assumed it must have been sick so we packaged it up and took it to the vet. After a few tests, we were assured that the squirrel was in perfect health and that it was just *nice*. Weird, eh?:lol:

libby
09-18-2009, 01:40 AM
I once taught a squirrel that was hanging around my house to eat out of my hand. They can be quite friendly if they think they are going to get food.

literaryfreak
09-18-2009, 01:43 AM
One of my friends saw a squirrel outside our dorm with a piece of pizza in its mouth.

victoria90
09-18-2009, 01:56 AM
One of my friends saw a squirrel outside our dorm with a piece of pizza in its mouth.

:rofl: how cute!

mkats
09-18-2009, 01:56 AM
:lol: Ours were named Greedy, Nut, Nut II, Almond, and when I was little we had two named Big Fat and Little Skinny.

~tapdancer~
09-18-2009, 03:20 AM
I hate squirrels. Like rats with big, furry tails...*shudders*. I know it sounds harsh but I was "attacked" by one overzealous squirrel after my food (I was eating on an outdoor deck at the hospital I worked at in Michigan, interestingly enough) and I jumped up, slipped on the wet deck, and dropped my tray of food. I think he scarred me for life when it comes to squirrels!

And I don't know if Charlie is joking or not but I could see Trevor as a male cheerleader, he's used to lifting a girl over his head! Can't imagine him having the time, though...

Aussie Willy
09-18-2009, 03:41 AM
When I visited the US in 98 I was so excited to see my first squirrel. Then as my friend and I were walking along we saw another squirrel and then another and then ....... (repeat 100 times over).

~tapdancer~
09-18-2009, 04:03 AM
When I visited the US in 98 I was so excited to see my first squirrel. Then as my friend and I were walking along we saw another squirrel and then another and then ....... (repeat 100 times over).

Okay, I feel stupid for asking but...are there no squirrels in Australia?

Aussie Willy
09-18-2009, 05:14 AM
Okay, I feel stupid for asking but...are there no squirrels in Australia?

No. We have possums. They are both quite cute. Except possums are very good at getting into house roofs and can be quite annoying. Like 5.30am and they start fighting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Possum

~tapdancer~
09-18-2009, 05:18 AM
No. We have possums. They are both quite cute. Except possums are very good at getting into house roofs and can be quite annoying. Like 5.30am and they start fighting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PossumThanks! And your possums are way cuter than the American variety of the same name!

IceAlisa
09-18-2009, 05:20 AM
Yes, the American possum I encountered in the deserted street of urban Massachusetts looked like a mutant rat on growth hormones. I thought it escaped from some university's lab. :scream: