PDA

View Full Version : Figure skating related Twitters

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

care
06-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Who here hasn't talked smack about their local police before?

Many times, but I am not special. :P

UGG
06-30-2009, 03:34 PM
We are not famous and no one cares what we have to say lol.

If I tweeted "The police in my town are useless"...the 3 people that follow me on twitter would not give a crap.

If a famous person says it, it is going to get wayyyyyy more attention which is why famous people need to think before they act, unless they want everyone talking about what they said/did.

I mean my goodness Britney Spears ate cheetos and it was national news.

michiruwater
06-30-2009, 04:37 PM
I can't believe people are making such a big deal out of something I'm sure most, if not all, of us have done in the past. I agree with Red Dog. So many people on here complain that we want the skaters to be more real, less fake and sugary, and when skaters snark about something or break out of that perfect little mold we always have people praising them and getting so very excited... I mean, hell, Johnny Weir's entire fan base is based off that, and he has potentially the largest one around (excepting Kwan, of course). And yet a 16-year-old girl says a relatively harmless remark in a moment of intense frustration that pretty much everyone I know has echoed at some point (I mean, I know I have complained about the police, I know my friends have, my family pretty much makes a sport out of it...) and suddenly all this?? It seems really melodramatic.

ChocolateAnna
06-30-2009, 05:00 PM
I can't believe people are making such a big deal out of something I'm sure most, if not all, of us have done in the past. I agree with Red Dog. So many people on here complain that we want the skaters to be more real, less fake and sugary, and when skaters snark about something or break out of that perfect little mold we always have people praising them and getting so very excited... I mean, hell, Johnny Weir's entire fan base is based off that, and he has potentially the largest one around (excepting Kwan, of course). And yet a 16-year-old girl says a relatively harmless remark in a moment of intense frustration that pretty much everyone I know has echoed at some point (I mean, I know I have complained about the police, I know my friends have, my family pretty much makes a sport out of it...) and suddenly all this?? It seems really melodramatic.

I think the problem is where you complain and to whom. I, as many others, have complained about the police several times but I do so in front of people I know and who know how to take it. I don't do it on my twitter, Facebook etc. . Basically, I do it in a private setting and not in the public. This is the problem. Caro Z can call the police whatever she wants to call them, I don't care but she should be careful with saying such stuff in the public. Probably she was frustrated but she still could have written something less offensive. Because there are people who do care and because the police is entitled to respect for their work.

libby
06-30-2009, 06:02 PM
It seems that the only people making a "big deal" out of this are the ones carrying on and on about how it's not a big deal. Caroline and everyone else undoubtedly moved on days ago.

Doubletoe
06-30-2009, 08:10 PM

:respec: Agreed. These skaters are damned if they do and damned if they don't, so I say we all stop complaining when they say the politically correct thing in the K&C instead of being honest and impulsive. We need to allow them to be interesting on the ice and boring off the ice because, quite frankly, it's the only safe way for them to be (kudos to Michelle Kwan).

Visaliakid
06-30-2009, 11:15 PM
:respec: Agreed. These skaters are damned if they do and damned if they don't, so I say we all stop complaining when they say the politically correct thing in the K&C instead of being honest and impulsive. We need to allow them to be interesting on the ice and boring off the ice because, quite frankly, it's the only safe way for them to be (kudos to Michelle Kwan).

Re: kudos to Kwan...

She has never had her own (official site) because she considers MKF the one place, and one place only to communicate to her fans and then only once or twice a year. She doesn't Tweet on Twitter, doesn't have a facebook, or MySpace, Xanga or any other account. She keeps her private life, private! Talk about Smart! And in spite of this, she continues to have the largest fan base in the sport, nearly four years off the ice; and if she returns, the reaction will be emense! Speedy should take lessons from her PR savvy!

Doubletoe
06-30-2009, 11:43 PM
Re: kudos to Kwan...

She has never had her own (official site) because she considers MKF the one place, and one place only to communicate to her fans and then only once or twice a year. She doesn't Tweet on Twitter, doesn't have a facebook, or MySpace, Xanga or any other account. She keeps her private life, private! Talk about Smart! And in spite of this, she continues to have the largest fan base in the sport, nearly four years off the ice; and if she returns, the reaction will be emense! Speedy should take lessons from her PR savvy!

Agreed!

Cloudy_Gumdrops
07-01-2009, 05:07 AM
Who here hasn't talked smack about their local police before? I've done it before... ?

I know I have

I don't have a high opinion of the local police.

My friend got rear ended by a police car. At a stop sign. Right next to the freaking police station. :lol:

libby
07-01-2009, 05:14 AM
I know I have

I don't have a high opinion of the local police.

My friend got rear ended by a police car. At a stop sign. Right next to the freaking police station. :lol:

Yes, I can see how one police officer being in a traffic accident could make you look down on the whole police force. :rolleyes:

Lots of people criticize and mock the police as incompetent and useless - until they need them. I doubt you would refrain from dialing 911 if someone was breaking into your house because your friend had an accident with a police car.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
07-01-2009, 07:47 PM
I hate the way that 'pwetty pwincess' is thrown around. It's like the way Republicans throw around the word Liberal.

Some of you make not like that style of skating, but it's a valid style none-the-less. Versatility in style is nice.

Sit_spin
07-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Fedor Andreev: http://twitter.com/FedorAndreev

aymkjb88
07-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Fedor Andreev: http://twitter.com/FedorAndreev

Is this the real Fedor? That baby picture is adorable!

azskatefan
07-04-2009, 01:45 AM
Is this the real Fedor? That baby picture is adorable!

Jennifer Kirk mentioned him so I think it's legit.

*Kim*
07-05-2009, 05:36 PM
From Tanith twit

If I just sit in the locker room,I wonder if my coaches would physically drag me onto the ice...bc that's what it might take at this point!
21 minutes ago from web

It seems that Yanith and Ben are training really hard...this is good