PDA

View Full Version : Figure skating related Twitters

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Aussie Willy
06-26-2009, 02:58 AM
Not nice for anyone to have their skates stolen.

A friend of mine had his car broken into and skates stolen (and he was about to leave for Disney on Ice two weeks later). We think that they must have thought it was a computer case or something because he got the skates back. How he got them back? He rang a radio station and told his story on air. A woman who heard it was running late for work and went the back way of her building up the stairs. She found the skates there!!!

azskatefan
06-26-2009, 03:02 AM
FYI: Figure Skaters Online is posting links to tons of programs done to Michael Jackson programs at http://www.twitter.com/fsonline/. It's interesting how many skaters have used his music.

jjane45
06-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Not nice for anyone to have their skates stolen.

A friend of mine had his car broken into and skates stolen (and he was about to leave for Disney on Ice two weeks later). We think that they must have thought it was a computer case or something because he got the skates back. How he got them back? He rang a radio station and told his story on air. A woman who heard it was running late for work and went the back way of her building up the stairs. She found the skates there!!!
LOL and Caroline's skates were found on the street by Police just in time for her show! What a lucky girl :D

TinyTwinkleToes
06-27-2009, 09:15 PM
LOL and Caroline's skates were found on the street by Police just in time for her show! What a lucky girl :D

Oh, by the "useless" police? Hope she was polite when they returned them.

libby
06-28-2009, 01:33 AM
Oh, by the "useless" police? Hope she was polite when they returned them.

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully, the local police don't read Twitter - if I was a cop and a teenager called me "useless" and "slow" for not locating her missing skates within 12 hours, I'd suggest somewhere she could stick said skates.

skatekate
06-28-2009, 03:04 AM
and now the poor girl is being attacked for a poor choice of words! People need to give her a break, she's only a teenager!

Karpenko
06-28-2009, 04:04 AM
GMAB. Her skates were stolen and she was frustrated, I say things out of frustration all the time. Get over it. :rolleyes:

Sit_spin
06-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Charlie White: http://twitter.com/CharlieAWhite

Trevor Young: http://twitter.com/trevorjyoung

azskatefan
06-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Caroline might only been a teenager but she's done a ton of media training. I hope the skaters realize that while things like this and their Facebooks are private and not related to their skating, anything that they put out there for the public should reflect them as an athlete and member of Team USA. I don't think it's right they have to censor themselves completely but I think they should use their head. Calling people useless can come back negatively in the future. Just like an inappropriate picture (ala Miley Cyrus or something).

TinyTwinkleToes
06-28-2009, 10:11 PM
and now the poor girl is being attacked for a poor choice of words! People need to give her a break, she's only a teenager!

At 14, 15, 16, I would NEVER have publicly called the police, or anyone of authority, useless. Surely she knows that anything she puts on twitter, facebook, whatever, is going to be read by more than just her close personal friends. Girl needs to learn a thing or two about respect. And that, as much as we all love figure skating, her skates going AWOL probably was not the biggest problem that the police had to deal with. Its just a sport.

carolina
06-28-2009, 10:39 PM
At 14, 15, 16, I would NEVER have publicly called the police, or anyone of authority, useless. Surely she knows that anything she puts on twitter, facebook, whatever, is going to be read by more than just her close personal friends. Girl needs to learn a thing or two about respect. And that, as much as we all love figure skating, her skates going AWOL probably was not the biggest problem that the police had to deal with. Its just a sport.

I agree that kids need to show respect to authorities and realize the scope of twitter and facebook accounts and definitely learn when and where certain expressions of speech are appropriate. It's something that is learned with time and instruction from parents and teachers or even coaches. However, after reading several of your posts, I think that you would certainly be the LAST person on earth to instruct ANYONE on RESPECT or what is INAPPROPRIATE...just saying, I hope you take this the way it's meant. I mean this in the most respectful way.;)

TinyTwinkleToes
06-28-2009, 11:23 PM
I agree that kids need to show respect to authorities and realize the scope of twitter and facebook accounts and definitely learn when and where certain expressions of speech are appropriate. It's something that is learned with time and instruction from parents and teachers or even coaches. However, after reading several of your posts, I think that you would certainly be the LAST person on earth to instruct ANYONE on RESPECT or what is INAPPROPRIATE...just saying, I hope you take this the way it's meant. I mean this in the most respectful way.;)

Because I post my OPINIONS on people's skating? Its not like I post about people being useless, worthless, waste of space piece of crap human beings. I post my personal views on skating, like everyone else here does. I may not like Caroline's skating, or her attitude, but I've never made comments about her like she made of the police who, in the end, turned out not to be so useless after all.

Indra486
06-29-2009, 12:19 AM
Caroline's twitter is now LOCKED!

See now, I'm inclined to believe that Caroline found her way to FSU because a member had mentioned it to her and read the criticisms about her police comment because she was certainly apologizing for them. For the record, I do agree with the comments about immaturity.

And so, lord, STOP TELLING THESE SKATERS ABOUT THESE FORUMS! Let's face it, skaters are humans first and foremost. Some can take the criticism and some can't, especially with the trolling. As a suggestion, when tweeting with the skaters, follow the Fight Club rule and not talk about it.

libby
06-29-2009, 01:16 AM

See now, I'm inclined to believe that Caroline found her way to FSU because a member had mentioned it to her and read the criticisms about her police comment because she was certainly apologizing for them. For the record, I do agree with the comments about immaturity.

And so, lord, STOP TELLING THESE SKATERS ABOUT THESE FORUMS! Let's face it, skaters are humans first and foremost. Some can take the criticism and some can't, especially with the trolling. As a suggestion, when tweeting with the skaters, follow the Fight Club rule and not talk about it.

People on Twitter receive comments on their posts from other people on Twitter, and Caroline's comment page listed several which criticized her words about the police. There is no reason at all to believe that she read FSU and that caused her to lock her Twitter page.

I highly doubt that skaters only know about figure skating forums because FSU posters are telling them. These are intelligent, modern young people - they are aware that there are discussion forums for every subject on the internet, and if they choose to read them, that is their business.

liffs58
06-29-2009, 01:17 AM

Actually, I'm a follower of Caroline on twitter and I can still read her tweets, and she was responding to two messages (or "replies" as they're called on Twitter), in which the posters criticized her for calling the police useless. I highly doubt she's read anything on here about it.

ETA: You beat me to it, libby!