PDA

View Full Version : Dollhouse (threads merged)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

PeterG
02-14-2009, 01:17 AM
From Fox.com:

Joss Whedon, creator of the groundbreaking cult favorites, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," and "Firefly," returns to television and reunites with fellow "Buffy" alumna, Eliza Dushku, for a thrilling new drama, DOLLHOUSE.

ECHO (Dushku) is an "Active," a member of a highly illegal and underground group of individuals who have had their personalities wiped clean so they can be imprinted with any number of new personas. Hired by the wealthy, powerful and connected, the Actives don't just perform their hired roles, they wholly become -- with mind, personality and physiology -- whomever the client wants or needs them to be. Whether imprinted to be a lover, an assassin, a corporate negotiator or a best friend, the Actives know no other life than the specific engagements they are in at that time.

Eliza Dushka is best known for playing the character of Faith on Buffy The Vampire Slayer. She also starred in the TV series Tru Calling and has appeared on Ugly Betty, That 70's Show and King Of The Hill.

A one-minute Youtube preview of the series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WwPpfyPUC8

rfisher
02-14-2009, 01:31 AM
I'm watching.

galaxygirl
02-14-2009, 01:42 AM
I'm watching.

I'm watching too, but I'm not sure I understand Whedon's fascination with Eliza Dushku.

PeterG
02-14-2009, 01:43 AM
I'm watching.

Should I bring popcorn or chips? :D

I'm watching too, but I'm not sure I understand Whedon's fascination with Eliza Dushku.

Eliza Dushku is GOD!!! :respec: :cheer2: :40beers: :cheer:

Garden Kitty
02-14-2009, 01:49 AM
I really hope I like this show, but it's gotten mixed reviews at best. Even the ones that are generally positive say it takes some time to develop. But I loved Buffy and Angel, so I'll definitely give it a shot.

Badams
02-14-2009, 01:58 AM
i'll tape it to see if i like it. i LOVED buffy and i like eliza dushku. i was bummed when tru calling got the ax. :(

screech
02-14-2009, 02:06 AM
Not to be a nag, but in the thread title mentions his name as 'Josh' and not 'Joss'.

I always remember Eliza Dushku from Bring it On (the only Kirsten Dunst movie I can tolerate).

my little pony
02-14-2009, 02:08 AM
I want a kimono, that was cute

my little pony
02-14-2009, 03:00 AM
who were the people in the room at the end where the tape of Eliza Dushku in her previous life was playing?

rfisher
02-14-2009, 03:06 AM
I wondered that too. Were they family? They never said exactly what she did to end up in the clutches of the dollhouse people. The start was sort of like La Femme Nikita, one of my favorite shows until the totally bogus ending.

The review I read today said with her changing personality/memories it would be difficult for the audience to develop a rapport with the character. I'm assuming the *treatment* won't completely work each time.

Garden Kitty
02-14-2009, 03:35 AM
I suspect the character watching the video was the rogue "active" they mentioned, but I think that is one of the larger arcs that will be developing over the season - just like her trying to discover her true self.

Amy L
02-14-2009, 05:00 AM

I don't think he has a particular fascination with her. Eliza had a development deal with FOX, and she asked Joss for advice. Their business lunch ended up being a four hour brainstorming session that birthed Dollhouse.

A few of Echo's lines sounded like Joss was pretending that they were being said by Summer Glau, who he does have a major fascination with. But she was already taken by the show that's on an hour before!

Anyways, I thought Dollhouse was okay. It didn't grab me instantly like all the other Whedon shows, but I do see the potential. I could definitely tell that this was THE ELIZA DUSHKU SHOW starring and produced by Eliza Dushku. One of the major plusses about Joss's works is that every character is fleshed out, not just the main stars but also the cranky principal or Evil Girl Puppet. Every person that shows up has a story behind them whether it ever gets featured or not. I hope that will happen with Dollhouse as well.

genevieve
02-14-2009, 05:30 AM
Not to be a nag, but in the thread title mentions his name as 'Josh' and not 'Joss'.

fixed :)

I was going to watch this tonight, but my tv has a hard time with reception of FOX and it wasn't happening this evening.

PeterG
02-14-2009, 06:59 AM
fixed :)

:40beers: :D

poths
02-14-2009, 11:38 AM

I do. She has been my number one dream girl for at LEAST 10 years. INCREDIBLE woman.