PDA

View Full Version : Dollhouse (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

genevieve
04-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Loved last night's episode! I'm glad we got to see some of the supporting dolls on their own assignments. What a huge mind frak for Paul...I'm glad he got warned right away so he wouldn't tip Mellie off to everything he's been doing, but now he's going to have to keep sleeping with the cylon doll knowing she's not who or even what he thought.

Loved Adele's ruse to have her date with Victor. Gave awesome depth to her so far one-dimensional character. And I find it interesting that she sees Echo adapting and becoming more than a doll, but is letting it happen. One would think that she'd be less inclined to cultivate dolls who deviate after what happened with Alpha.

I'm torn about Reed Diamond's character being the mole. First, I love any actor from Homicide: Life on the Streets and wanted him to stay in the show (if there is any more show, sigh). But I also don't want him to be the one who's been sending the messages to Paul, because that's an interesting part of the show and Paul must be freaking out that anyone he comes in contact with might really be a doll with a message.

Also torn on Boyd getting the promotion. I like him so much as Echo's handler - but loved the way they showed her giving her response handler to him while saying it to the new guy (very Star Trek TNG - the ep where the woman being shipped to her future husband imprints on the cap'n but goes ahead and marries the other dude anyway because duty is the highest priority for Picard).

I can't believe FOX is probably going to cancel this show, just when it's becoming awesome!! :wall:

mpal2
04-12-2009, 04:45 AM
I had a response, but I'll leave it at this: everything genevieve already said.

Desperado
04-12-2009, 04:05 PM
I really liked the last episode too. I'm really sorry I missed the shower scene w/ Ballard and Mellie because I was really interested in seeing the contrast now that he knows she's a doll, with the previous intimate scenes... OK, maybe he isn't that good of an actor, seeing Tahmoh half dressed would've been nice either way.

I love Reed Diamond too and also first saw him on Homicide (god I loved that show). My heart broke in 20 pieces though when I saw him get killed on The Shield... I'm really hoping he'll come back (if the show does of course). I wanted to believe that he didn't really try to kill Echo, he just wanted to show everyone that she wasn't in on his game if he ever got caught.

And the new handler did nothing for me. I'm assuming he'll get killed in the next ep.

genevieve
04-13-2009, 05:11 PM
The new handler screams Red Shirt.

Angelskates
04-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Any update on the show continuing?

Alanya
04-20-2009, 04:27 AM
I see I am not the only one thinking Cylons and Helo instead of Dolls and Paul :P

I did really like the show.. the last eps aired so far that is. The stand alone eps were entertaining but not so engaging. Really hope Fox will give the show a chance. Is it really true that dvd-sales will help keeping the show?

PeterG
04-23-2009, 05:24 AM
Any update on the show continuing?

According to epguides.com:

10. 1-10 24 Apr 09 Haunted
11. 1-11 1 May 09 Briar Rose
12. 1-12 8 May 09 Omega
13. 1-13 (no airdate yet) Epitaph One

Angelskates
04-23-2009, 12:03 PM

:cheer2:

agalisgv
04-23-2009, 02:16 PM

12. 1-12 8 May 09 Omega Interesting--starts with a breakout with Alpha, and ends with Omega.

Very biblical ;)

Angelskates
04-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Loved the episode - what did everyone else think?

genevieve
04-26-2009, 05:21 PM
I thought it was a great mix of an interesting doll assignment (one that adds even more depth to Adele's humanity) and Paul's storyline. His struggle with relating to Mellie now...that would have to be the most bizarre thing. not sure what I think about him apparently finding the Dollhouse next week. Seems too soon, although we've been set up for the real Big Bad to be something far greater than just the Dollhouse. But it makes me worry that it's a way to wrap up the whole series :wuzrobbed

ps notice we didn't see Echo's new handler at all :P

mpal2
04-27-2009, 12:35 AM
I wonder if threats of cancellation are speeding up Paul's discovery of the Dollhouse. Topher needing a birthday friend was kind of sad and it was sweet of Adelle to let him have it. Of course, based on her recent storyline, she should understand.

I'm still trying to decide how I feel about Adelle. She's ruthless but kind. She's quite the enigma.

Wyliefan
04-27-2009, 12:58 AM
Interesting--starts with a breakout with Alpha, and ends with Omega.

Very biblical ;)

Whedon is one of the most religion-obsessed atheists around. :)

Angelskates
04-27-2009, 01:13 AM
Why was Adele's friend calling her "Hattie"?

emason
04-27-2009, 01:39 AM
Loved the episode - what did everyone else think?

Interesting to read your reaction. I was bored out of my mind by this episode, and I thought it was one of the weakest ones to date. I was very disappointed.