PDA

View Full Version : Dollhouse (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

PeterG
04-07-2009, 09:43 PM
I assumed being sent to the attic was a euphemism for killing the person. Last episode they talked about the dolls as pets, and that sometimes pets have to be put to sleep.

Wow, I missed the whole depth of the Attic thing. Must pay more attention next time! :eek:

Garden Kitty
04-07-2009, 09:57 PM
I also assumed it was sort of a "cold storage". Not necessarily dead, but in a coma-like state.

emason
04-07-2009, 10:44 PM
I also assumed it was sort of a "cold storage". Not necessarily dead, but in a coma-like state.

Or perhaps some kind of surgical nastiness goes on there - permanent frontal lobotomy or something. I definitely agree with those who think nothing good happens there.

JJH
04-08-2009, 05:21 AM
If the entire dollhouse functions as a prison/experimental lab, I think of the attic as a prison within the prison, perhaps isolation or more extreme experimental treatments or as Garden Kitty puts it- "cold storage". Cue creepy music.

genevieve
04-09-2009, 10:00 PM
UGH! :wall:

FOX to end Dollhouse season with 12th ep; 13th ep on DVD only (http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/33998372.html)

This blog makes a point of saying that FOX hasn't cancelled Dollhouse yet...but come on. The only thing I can think is that they're waiting to see if the dvd interest in the first season is strong enough to warrant bringing it back, since Firefly took on cult status after it was cancelled. Still, that sucks!!

Garden Kitty
04-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Looks like they're moving the whole series to the attic. :(

mpal2
04-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Whedon needs to stop working with FOX.

Garden Kitty
04-10-2009, 12:30 AM
Yahoo had a list of 10 series on the "danger list" (http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/the-10-shows-that-deserve-to-return-next-fall-but-might-not--228) of being cancelled, and it not only includes Dollhouse, but one of my faves, Chuck. I'll be wuzrobbed!!

genevieve
04-10-2009, 12:36 AM
I'm also scared for Chuck - unfortunately, any show on NBC is in danger, because they're ditching so much programming time with their (idiotic) decision to have Leno on at 10pm all weeknights next year (seriously - is anyone excited about that?). :(

ETA: I watched the premiere of the Unusuals last night. I liked it but refuse to get attached. Just another interesting offbeat Wed 10pm drama for me to watch every week until ABC kills it, sigh.

rfisher
04-10-2009, 01:02 AM
At least Rescue Me starts next week.

agalisgv
04-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Great episode tonight--anyone catch it?

I wasn't too far off in my conspiracy theory prediction :sekret:. And now we know what the attic is.

Next week's episode didn't look like it was advancing the main storyline at all--but maybe they held back.

Angelskates
04-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Is this show a bit like Alias? Can someone give a short rundown?

Garden Kitty
04-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Is this show a bit like Alias? Can someone give a short rundown?

Not really. The basic premise is that the "dolls" are people who through various means (exactly how is part of the arching storyline) work for a mega-company that is able to wipe out all their memories and imprint them with various personality traits. The first episodes were about the dolls on their various assignments (hostage negotiator, safe cracker, dream date, etc) but as the season has gone on there has been more background on how the dolls came to the agency, and an FBI agent who is determined to bring down the "dollhouse".

tarotx
04-11-2009, 04:49 PM
The 13th episode is a dreamish episode and it's not airing really gives us no clue if The Dollhouse will return or not. Fox bought 13 episodes but that included "ECHO" the scrapped 1st episode but not the new 13th "Epitaph one". It doesn't need to air for the season to be complete nor for Fox to pick up (or not) a second season.

Dollhouse is getting terrible numbers so it's definitely in danger. The DVR numbers are better and there's talk that moving Dollhouse could improve it's ratings.

I actually loved last night's off kilter episode.

emason
04-11-2009, 05:28 PM
I actually loved last night's off kilter episode.

I loved it too and think it's one of the strongest episodes aired so far.